Coopers Community

Been missing in action

Tricky Micky

Just wanted to apologise for having disappeared off the radar for a little while. The "Old Man" unfortunately took a really bad tumble at his unit recently and sadly didn't survive. I'm a bit shattered at the minute but I know time will help with that.  I'm upset that he probably lay on a cold tiled floor a cuppla days and suffered. By the time I got to him he was in a pretty bad way. Big shout out to the Hospital and all the health care workers for taking care of Dad in those last hours. Tan and I held his hand until the end and kept letting him know how much he was loved. 

I will miss our Sunday catch ups and the footy talk -but most of all I'll miss making a few home brews for him. He loved the brews and thought it was Christmas when I'd arrive on the doorstep with a new box of HB. 

RIP Dad, love ya.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

6 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Just wanted to apologise for having disappeared off the radar for a little while. The "Old Man" unfortunately took a really bad tumble at his unit recently and sadly didn't survive. I'm a bit shattered at the minute but I know time will help with that.  I'm upset that he probably lay on a cold tiled floor a cuppla days and suffered. By the time I got to him he was in a pretty bad way. Big shout out to the Hospital and all the health care workers for taking care of Dad in those last hours. Tan and I held his hand until the end and kept letting him know how much he was loved. 

I will miss our Sunday catch ups and the footy talk -but most of all I'll miss making a few home brews for him. He loved the brews and thought it was Christmas when I'd arrive on the doorstep with a new box of HB. 

RIP Dad, love ya.

Sorry for your loss Micky condolences to you and Tan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

RIP Dad, love ya.

Micky you havent really lost your father as your memories will live on till the day you leave our planet and he will be still looking over you giving you the guidance  you need

always up for a chat if you ever need it mate 

its now time to create a brew of your own in the memory of your father and continue each year to help remember the journey of life you and your father had

may your father rest in peace 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

RIP Dad, love ya.

Jeez Mick, That's so sad to hear.  Thinking of you mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really sorry to hear this Mick, losing your Dad suddenly is a shock to the system. I'm really glad that you and Tan got to hold his hand and tell him he was loved. That is really important.  Take it easy mate, and spend time with friends and family, commemorating your Dad and remembering all the great times you had with him.  Cheers, Frank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, Tricky Micky said:

The "Old Man" unfortunately took a really bad tumble at his unit recently and sadly didn't survive.

That's shite mate - hope you and the head chef are okay

• Thanks 1