Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

38 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Of course, there is. The recipe section on this site shows that there is a heap you can do with extracts. But I still have to deal with the base kit, of which I don't know what is in it and in which quantities. I have to work around the hops that are in the kit and I have to work with the malts contained in the kit as I cannot change them. I can add but not change. When brewing AG, I can decide what I am working with and how. With the same grain bill and ingredients, I can vary ABV by as much as 1% by simply varying the mash temperature and duration. AG undeniably gives you more flexibility at the expense of time of course.

Of course AG offers you more control but even though extract brewing may begin with pre-hopped cans (although it doesn't have to) it doesn't have to end there. The Chubby Cherub recipe, for example, uses unhopped cans as the base. But you don't even have to stop at cans you can use just dried extract. Briess, for instance, provide a lot of information about their dried malt extracts

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Looks very good. So what would you do differently next time @DavidM?

It needed a bit more body! 

Instead of Light Crystal, I think Medium or Dark Crystal might work

Don't get me wrong, it's very easy to drink, just not one of my better ones. 🍻

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

It needed a bit more body! 

Instead of Light Crystal, I think Medium or Dark Crystal might work

Don't get me wrong, it's very easy to drink, just not one of my better ones. 🍻

I'm not sure whether medium or dark crystal will add more to the beer than colour, compared to light crystal. 

You could try Carapils or Carahell or any other "Cara", which aid the body of the beer. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm not sure whether medium or dark crystal will add more to the beer than colour, compared to light crystal. 

You could try Carapils or Carahell or any other "Cara", which aid the body of the beer. 

Yeah, that might do it, a bit of extra "Cara"

Just using up some leftover Dark Malt.

Interesting what the different Malts and grains bring to the beer.

• Like 3

This is my German Pils, I'm not kidding, this tastes close to a Oettinger Pilsner 😀. I reckon I'm getting this down pat now - this is super tasty, I wish I could share with you guys and get your opinions! As @Shamus O'Sean said, who said it is hard to do a lager! It's really easy with an all purpose 'lager' yeast like Novalager 😂😂😂. Anyway, cheers guys, really happy with this one!

2.thumb.jpg.1f6119212d0038797edd3c5eb9c9d396.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.37e79a4ad3633187429ed16973681fa6.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

This is my German Pils, I'm not kidding, this tastes close to a Oettinger Pilsner 😀. I reckon I'm getting this down pat now - this is super tasty, I wish I could share with you guys and get your opinions! As @Shamus O'Sean said, who said it is hard to do a lager! It's really easy with an all purpose 'lager' yeast like Novalager 😂😂😂. Anyway, cheers guys, really happy with this one!

2.thumb.jpg.1f6119212d0038797edd3c5eb9c9d396.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.37e79a4ad3633187429ed16973681fa6.jpg

Yep sure looks more than good enough to drink @Cheap Charlie - beautiful clarity and looks to have perfect carbonation - good job 👏 

Enjoy 😋🍺🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, John304 said:

Thought I would try a side by side with my take on a Kilkenny, mine on the left, colour spot on, taste, damn I can’t tell maybe the original a fraction smoother 

IMG_1956.jpeg

3 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Looks identical mate, Kilkenny is a great drop, well done 👍🏻

Would you care to share the recipe by any chance? 🙏🏻

• Like 1

All In Brewing Leg Breaker IPA. FWK.

I didn't cold crash this beer due to time constraints so a bit murky. But it's bordering on a NEIPA due to my dry hopping so clarity isnt an issue. It's a bloody good beer. Some really nice fruits from the hops.

20231001_120236.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

All In Brewing Leg Breaker IPA. FWK.

I didn't cold crash this beer due to time constraints so a bit murky. But it's bordering on a NEIPA due to my dry hopping so clarity isnt an issue. It's a bloody good beer. Some really nice fruits from the hops.

20231001_120236.jpg

I agree, I love that one, I will be making it again.