Coopers Community

Brisbane and Gold Coast friends!

MitchBastard

Howdy all. Are you looking for a new brewery to visit? Madocke Beer Brewing opened its doors to the general public this past weekend. We’re located in Ashmore on the Goldy.If you’d like to sample some of Queensland’s finest Belgian beers come see us! Our Tap room is open wed-sun 12pm-7pm. If you come through the week you’ll see me kicking about the brewery floor, and if your in over the weekend I might be pouring some beers. Come say gday. Hope to see you there. 

EC5B0F84-7DEB-40D2-89F0-FB40C3E429E4.jpeg

75373809-C0F9-40A8-BF4A-59FB66B1C2D4.jpeg

8C11CB32-1851-49D2-9E6B-6121CC91E4F3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Nice, might have to pop in when I'm back around Christmas. Haven't been Ashmore since I use to work up near Molendinar and go to the "Gashmore" tavern after work as they use to put on some decent after noon entertainment. 

I know what happens at the ashmore after 2pm on fridays. Hence the name 😂

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Awesome stuff, Mitch, good on you. That looks like a really great place & the beers are amazing. I am a mere 2110kms from there so I will have to look at the photos you post. Cheers.

Thanks mate. If you’re ever in the neck of the woods, you know where I’ll be 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:58 PM, Pale Man said:

My oldies live on the Goldy. Burleigh Heads. So next time I'm up for a visit I know exactly where I'm going. 

Did you say Belgians??????

That’s awesome mate, drop on in.

yep all Belgian beers. Got 4 local guest taps at the moment but should have all 14 of of our core range pouring soon. 

• Like 1

To any Gold Coast out of towners with young families, if you're looking for a great beer brewed by our comrade, Mitch, and a great family holiday, a quick Maps search showed me Madocke Beer Brewing Co is staggering distance from Ashmore Palms Holiday Village.
I took my family there a couple of times in the early 2000s. It's brilliant and now has a craft brewery at the end of the street. 🙂 
I highly recommend it for families with primary school aged kids. Probably not as great for older kids because it's not on the beach.
This is how you plan your next holiday:
"Hey honey, a mate of mine told me about this great place on the Goldy. Great for families. Away from the seedy aspect of Surfers and closer to the theme parks."
Then after you've booked:
"Wow! Will you look at that. There's a craft brewery just up the road. There's something for everyone on the Gold Coast." 😉 

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

To any Gold Coast out of towners with young families, if you're looking for a great beer brewed by our comrade, Mitch, and a great family holiday, a quick Maps search showed me Madocke Beer Brewing Co is staggering distance from Ashmore Palms Holiday Village.
I took my family there a couple of times in the early 2000s. It's brilliant and now has a craft brewery at the end of the street. 🙂 
I highly recommend it for families with primary school aged kids. Probably not as great for older kids because it's not on the beach.
This is how you plan your next holiday:
"Hey honey, a mate of mine told me about this great place on the Goldy. Great for families. Away from the seedy aspect of Surfers and closer to the theme parks."
Then after you've booked:
"Wow! Will you look at that. There's a craft brewery just up the road. There's something for everyone on the Gold Coast." 😉 

You crafty old bugger Muzzy, but what a good idea !! 😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You crafty old bugger Muzzy, but what a good idea !! 😀

Being single you probably didn't have to develop your cunning skills too much, Phil, but being married 29 years has shown me you've got to make it look like you're doing the "family thing" to achieve your own selfish goals sometimes. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Being single you probably didn't have to develop your cunning skills too much, Phil, but being married 29 years has shown me you've got to make it look like you're doing the "family thing" to achieve your own selfish goals sometimes. 😄 

Tell me about it Phil … married life develops the low, peasant cunning in a fellow… strange that, wonder why?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Tell me about it Phil … married life develops the low, peasant cunning in a fellow… strange that, wonder why?

Yeah, it bothered me for a long time that I had to forgo long sessions at the pub because the missus would say things to me like, "The kids need shoes," or "The kids need asthma medication." If I'd known they were going to need luxuries like that I probably would have used contraception. 🤣

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I was married in 1979 for a short while, I was a travelling salesman & quite honestly it was never going to work, everything you may have heard of about travelling salesman is true.

When I was divorced it was the freedom I wanted to continue on my merry way, sure I have had heaps of meaningful one night stands, I mean relationships 🤣 but I would never want to be tied up again. All due respect to those of you that are content in your various situations. 

Being single develops other skills, mainly don't get caught up again 🤣

Cheers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah, it bothered me for a long time that I had to forgo long sessions at the pub because the missus would say things to me like, "The kids need shoes," or "The kids need asthma medication." If I'd known they were going to need luxuries like that I probably would have used contraception. 🤣

Well I am not here to judge but as we go through life normal things happen & then comes marriage, mortgages, kids, animals, school fees etc ....

I can afford myself the luxuries I need like beer, food that I want when I want, did I say beer ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Got a point Muzz. Only the other day I mentioned to SWMBO that if we saved up the kiddie allowance for a few months I could have a great weekend in ‘Vegas. She hasn’t got back to me with the details yet. Bound to soon 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was married in 1979 for a short while, I was a travelling salesman & quite honestly it was never going to work, everything you may have heard of about travelling salesman is true.

When I was divorced it was the freedom I wanted to continue on my merry way, sure I have had heaps of meaningful one night stands, I mean relationships 🤣 but I would never want to be tied up again. All due respect to those of you that are content in your various situations. 

Being single develops other skills, mainly don't get caught up again 🤣

Cheers 

Good for you Phil 👍

Life takes us all on different paths, but we’ve got one thing in common here, and we all know what that is 😉

• Like 2