Coopers Community

Logical logistics?

Malter White

16 hours ago, terminal2k said:

assume someone dropped it at some point (there was a big split along one side of the bottom of the box) and that nobody wanted to pick it up after that. All 6 cans are dented and the LDM is all squashed. No burst bags tho.

15 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

Had the same thing the box was plastered in Heavy stickers from Coopers, the courier got to the front door ran out of puff and dropped the whole lot. Six out of Seven cans were dented.

Maybe the PO guys are in training to go work luggage at the airports? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

why you guys use this useless delivery service is beyond me as they have no idea on how to efficently
do anything

whilst australia post are fairly useless, they're still better than most of the other delivery services I've come across. 

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

whilst australia post are fairly useless, they're still better than most of the other delivery services I've come across. 

I've had pretty good experiences with other courier companies - deliver to the door in a few days from Sydney, for example.

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

i'm glad you enjoy the services of Australia post/Star track

i have had great delivery services from other delivery services  that also put the same messaging up on their sites as Aust post has
yet they still  deliver in a timely manor and dont give your goods a holiday around the country

Aust Post dont take responsibility of there poor services and they think we have to suck it up

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I've had pretty good experiences with other courier companies - deliver to the door in a few days from Sydney, for example.

When I was sending & receiving Stubby Holders etc all over Australia I quite often got next day delivery from capital centres, the minute Auspost are involved - forget it, whole new ball game, 1 week, 2 weeks it just goes on ... 😬

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, Thirsty Jim said:

I managed to capsize McDingface before I even put her in the water.  

Sounds like you need to find your sea legs there Jim.  If you like calamari and Flathead you are in the right area for a close to shore fishing trip.  Buy a little bit of fishing gear, a couple squid jigs etc. and we will organize a day on the bay.  I will bring my boat and can show you how to catch a feed if you like.  If you need any tips on what gear to buy just yell OK.

• Thanks 1

After many years in business my experiences with Freight & Courier Services has been a mixed bag, generally no problem as most of my suppliers would agree to send the goods direct to the client unless I stated otherwise, if I am in Adelaide, & my client is in NSW, it is not point my supplier in QLD sending goods to me & pay freight & then in turn send the goods to NSW & pay more freight !!  In fact most of the manufacturers I used the freight was included in my wholesale price.

Star Track Courier is a division of Australia Post & I found them to be very efficient & there rates reasonable. A lot of the bigger corporate nationwide companies would offer overnight delivery to you door but not to a PO address. Rural areas usually an extra day, outback/remote areas 2-3 days etc.

If I used Australia Post I mainly had to take the parcel to the Post Office wait until they weighed the box, then measure the cubic dimensions & give you heart failure with the freight charge. 

If you were foolish enough to use their services you couldn't really tell your client when to expect delivery as they didn't know either or just told you what they were told to say or make it up.

I still use around a dozen different manufacturers to fill orders for Stubby Holders, Bar Mats, Trucker Caps, Business Cards, Magnets etc.. & all of these the freight is pretty much next day delivery & NONE of them use Australia Post.  With the Covid-19 restrictions slowly being lifted around the country it will pick up again.

Even now I have a client who is waiting for Stubby Holders for 2 weeks & each time I check the tracking progress they have added a few more days & blame the Covid for delays.

Their service is appalling & I avoid them at all costs. 

• Like 2

So, on top of the touring parcel, I have another...

Auspost accepted a package on 30th Sept - says "we've got it"

Due between 7th and 12th Oct.

I've been waiting to see what they might do about it given THEY stipulate in tracking that it's late and should have arrived.

Finally they suggested to open an enquiry so I did. Response? "We'll wait and see if it arrives before 2nd Nov and then start an investigation!"

It was sent from Hurstville, NSW...

On 10/23/2021 at 7:57 PM, iBooz2 said:

Sounds like you need to find your sea legs there Jim.  If you like calamari and Flathead you are in the right area for a close to shore fishing trip.  Buy a little bit of fishing gear, a couple squid jigs etc. and we will organize a day on the bay.  I will bring my boat and can show you how to catch a feed if you like.  If you need any tips on what gear to buy just yell OK.

Thanks iBooz,
I appreciate the generous offer but I know all about catching flathead and squid in the bay.  I caught plenty as Dad's little buddy.  It is pretty hard not to.  It isn't that I can't fish, it is that I don't really like fishing. I only used to go to keep him company ... and safe (that man could not swim a stroke).  

I am much more of a "G'day Angelo, a piece of whiting, minimum chips and scallop thanks" kind of guy.  Fresh is best but convenience is pretty cool too. 

Often, when items on the same order are delivered separately it is because they are despatched from separate warehouses - but Cooper's seem to indicate otherwise...

What if I’ve only received some of the items I ordered?

All orders are booked as non-partial deliveries with Australia Post. However at times you may receive a partial delivery of your order, as parcels can be separated whilst in transit. If you have
items missing from your order, you may have experienced a partial delivery.

The easiest way to see if you are waiting on another delivery is by reading the white label of your already delivered parcel; it should say which parcel number it is of the total number of parcels (e.g. 1 of 3). This means you are waiting on delivery of parcels 2 and 3 before you have received your total order. The subsequent deliveries are typically made in the following business days from your initial delivery. If you have not received the awaiting parcels within 3 business days, please contact Online Store Support at store@coopers.com.au or 1300 304 938.

4 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

Thanks iBooz,
I appreciate the generous offer but I know all about catching flathead and squid in the bay.  I caught plenty as Dad's little buddy.  It is pretty hard not to.  It isn't that I can't fish, it is that I don't really like fishing. I only used to go to keep him company ... and safe (that man could not swim a stroke).  

I am much more of a "G'day Angelo, a piece of whiting, minimum chips and scallop thanks" kind of guy.  Fresh is best but convenience is pretty cool too. 

All Good James.  I just thought if you were a new boatie it might help to have someone around.  I always take my wife fishing and she knows nothing but always seems to catch the biggest fish and the most of any targeted species.  And she gives me hell every-time for it.  My excuse is that I seem to become the deck hand all the time, driving, navigating, watching the waves and the weather, monitoring the fish finder, deciding where to fish, dropping the anchor, cutting bait, putting bait on hooks, taking fish off hooks, sorting out the tangles, putting new bottoms on lines etc.  Its a wonder I get to wet a line myself.

Good that you spent that time with your old man, I am sure he appreciated it.

Tell me, did he hit you with his hat when you did something wrong or silly?  Ha Ha🤣  A three hour cruise.....

15 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

All Good James.  I just thought if you were a new boatie it might help to have someone around.  I always take my wife fishing and she knows nothing but always seems to catch the biggest fish and the most of any targeted species.  And she gives me hell every-time for it.  My excuse is that I seem to become the deck hand all the time, driving, navigating, watching the waves and the weather, monitoring the fish finder, deciding where to fish, dropping the anchor, cutting bait, putting bait on hooks, taking fish off hooks, sorting out the tangles, putting new bottoms on lines etc.  Its a wonder I get to wet a line myself.

Good that you spent that time with your old man, I am sure he appreciated it.

Tell me, did he hit you with his hat when you did something wrong or silly?  Ha Ha🤣  A three hour cruise.....

That all sounds epic Al, you obviously work hard on the boat & that's good - but do you catch any fish ? 😀 🐟

17 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

if i purchase 2 items on 1 order   i expect  2 items to turn up together   not 1 one day and another   when Australia post feels like it

Last year I had a Coopers ROTM order x 2 which equaled two cartons and after about 1 week the first carton turned up so I though OK the other will arrive tomorrow but it didn't, nor the day after that.

When I logged in to check the tracking and carton numbers etc. the missing carton was back in Brisbane again by then after it had already reached Dandenong VIC a few days earlier.  WTF?  A couple more days and it finally turned up pretty worse for the wear.  Carton was absolutely stuffed, luckily the enclosed hop and grain packs somehow stayed inside to make it to me.

I blame the bar-code scanner machines at AP.  If the scanner picks up the senders code first it gets sorted and then somehow sends it backwards to the sender.  Sort of like the luggage scanners do at airports if you leave an old tag on your bag and it get picked up first by the reader.  Arh it was supposed to go to Sydney but you had been to Pert the week before so guess where your bag ends up.

I see AP executives have paid themselves massive bonuses during the last year (as reported in the news today) I guess these get paid per parcel km these days. 🙃  If they can make a parcel triple its travels them the bonus is 3 times as big next year.  Those bar code scanners will be keeping track no doubt and ticking away as evidence in case they are audited.👎

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Last year I had a Coopers ROTM order x 2 which equaled two cartons and after about 1 week the first carton turned up so I though OK the other will arrive tomorrow but it didn't, nor the day after that.

When I logged in to check the tracking and carton numbers etc. the missing carton was back in Brisbane again by then after it had already reached Dandenong VIC a few days earlier.  A couple more days and it finally turned up pretty worse for the wear.  Carton was absolutely stuffed, luckily the enclosed hop and grain packs somehow stayed inside to make it to me.

I blame the bar-code scanner machines at AP.  If the scanner picks up the senders code first it gets sorted and send it backwards to the sender.  Sort of like the luggage scanners do at airports if you leave an old tag on your bag.

I see AP executives have paid themselves massive bonuses during the last year (as reported in the news today) I guess the get paid per parcel km these days. 🙃  If they can make a parcel triple its travels them the bonus is 3 times as big next year.  Those bar code scanners will be keeping track no doubt as evidence in case they are audited.👎

Al,  if only it was a bar code scanner it would have just left me shaking my head

But when Coopers allow Australia Post   to send   a order that has multiple boxs to sent 1 day and the  box 1/2  turns up and 2/2 sent at later date
Thats just not on   

i do not accept this practice no matter the fine print.

As Coopers Diy  allows that Practice from Australia Post They have lost a customer

if Coopers diy didnt give me the same spin as  Australia Post   They had every chance at keeping me as a customer.

Admittingly i do not buy much from  the online store   as i am mainly  an All grain brewer  

and Coppers are just as bright as australia Post

ROTM being brewing ingrediants you would have thought they would send that of as the 1st parcel to arrive
as the ingrediants have more time to go off then a dam plastic 23 litre fermenter

arrgh well   nothing much more i can do but wait  

no point talking to  ombudsman about Aussie post as they will take longer again

I am not going to go into bat for Australia Post, but all logistics are under a lot of pressure due to the pandemic. AP and all the industry have been under extreme pressure with the volumes being shipped during the pandemic. As an example I purchased a mill recently from Keg King that was shipped via a private shipping and logistics company. The quoted shipping time by both KK and the shipping company was 4 business days and I paid a premium for the fast shipping time. The tracking showed that the consignment was picked up immediately and transported to the freight hub, scan then showed it was loaded for "linehaul" the same day. Unfortunately it then just disappeared for 10 business days (i.e. 2 weeks). I emailed KK regarding the delivery and they advised that they had raised a ticket with the logistics company. Eventually after 15 business days it was delivered. On another occasion last year I had a large consignment of gear that I had purchased from Keg Land that was shipped via Direct Freight Express, after 6 business days I received 3 of 4 portions of the consignment and the guy that delivered those 3 said that it happens all the time that consignments in the same order get separated. He said that when the consignments get to a freight hub and are loaded for linehaul they just load whatever fits into 1 cage (think that is what he described it as) and if part of the consignment doesn't make the cage no one cares much.

I would also caution everyone, that because of the huge volume of freight now being shipped we are about to see a huge increase in freight rates as it is all just demand and supply. I have recently been trying to research where I can get the best shipping rates for 25kg sacks of base malt. I found that Beerco had a flat shipping rate up to 50kg of $15 delivered to me. Within a few weeks that rate had increased to $20, then a few weeks later when I went to order I was quoted $70. When I questioned the rates with Beerco they let me know and let me see the freight calculations, and even at $70 freight Beerco were subsidising it for about $30 just to remain competitive.

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

But when Coopers allow Australia Post   to send   a order that has multiple boxs to sent 1 day and the  box 1/2  turns up and 2/2 sent at later date

As Coopers Diy  allows that Practice from Australia Post They have lost a customer

I'd honestly like to know what you expect them to do about it. I've seen a lot of hate for AP in this thread, and they aren't great by a long shot, but I almost always receive my package even if late and slightly dented. The only alternative I see much is aramex (formerly fastway) who are usually slower than AP, and I've had them on multiple occasions say parcels were delivered when they weren't, and caused months of back and forth with the person sending me the parcel to sort out. I get approximately 25% of the packages sent to me using their service. I'd rather wait a bit and actually get my parcel.

I rarely get stuff via toll or tnt so I can't really comment on their speed, but with how little they're used, I have to assume the cost is significantly higher.

if you're just after the ROTM, download the recipe and source the coopers cans at LHBS along with the hops and other ingredients. You can pick up that way and brew the same day.

6 hours ago, terminal2k said:

I'd honestly like to know what you expect them to do about it. I've seen a lot of hate for AP in this thread, and they aren't great by a long shot, but I almost always receive my package even if late and slightly dented. The only alternative I see much is aramex (formerly fastway) who are usually slower than AP, and I've had them on multiple occasions say parcels were delivered when they weren't, and caused months of back and forth with the person sending me the parcel to sort out. I get approximately 25% of the packages sent to me using their service. I'd rather wait a bit and actually get my parcel.

I rarely get stuff via toll or tnt so I can't really comment on their speed, but with how little they're used, I have to assume the cost is significantly higher.

if you're just after the ROTM, download the recipe and source the coopers cans at LHBS along with the hops and other ingredients. You can pick up that way and brew the same day.

its about delivering the entire order in the one go  , not about waiting a bit late for the order

I understand Australia Post Are under the pump and i am not expecting my deliveries to turn up with a couple of days 
I just expect my entire order to turn up at the same time..   it can take 3 weeks to turn up  but long as the entire order 
get delivered at the same time i will be a happy chappy,   not  1 part of the order 1 day then the next part 3-4 weeks down the track

I really do not think thats to much to ask for   that the entire package turns up at the same time.

@terminal2k  As i said, its not about when its getting delivered , its getting the entire order getting delivered at the same time

waiting for 3-4 weeks  for a delivery is fine   

9 hours ago, terminal2k said:

I'd honestly like to know what you expect them to do about it

Um... To not lie.

Covid could be a reason for a parcel to be delayed a little. They could address this with better hiring practices - the recent shutdown of collection down the east coast because they had something like 1000 employees in quarantine could easily be correlated strongly to who they hire over there. Just go visit a few and then do some looking to see just which suburbs the outbreaks of positives keep occurring.

They could also work on the perception that the Post Office is a good Claytons job - the job you have when you don't really want to work. Hire from merit rather than diversity quotas.

And I say all that while knowing there are many hard workers, probably even in the major centres but especially manning the actual post offices and dealing with public. Our Murray Bridge lot are helpful and go beyond to try and sort issues but several times I have seen them run smack up against the bureaucrats in main offices.

However, when they blame the virus because a parcel went to a wrong destination or that they know where it is but there's no tracking update, that's just the usual bureaucracy types lying because it's easier than doing their job.

Or how about when they tell you they will get the package off the truck but tracking says it's going from one airport to another?

How about when they decide to put the price of everything up to get the same service they always gave and if you don't want to pay the hike they will simply delay your mail - for which the CEO got a lovely multi-$million bonus?

And remember, unlike the courier companies, we are ALREADY paying for Auspost to exist from our taxes!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

And remember, unlike the courier companies, we are ALREADY paying for Auspost to exist from our taxes!

Australia Post is a self-funded Government enterprise and receives no tax funding from the Government. It has actually returned $1.5 billion to the Government in dividends over the last decade.

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

Australia Post is a self-funded Government enterprise and receives no tax funding from the Government. It has actually returned $1.5 billion to the Government in dividends over the last decade.

OK, but we definitely paid to set it up and run it and then the Govt gave them a swag of money when it was set up as an entity.

Interesting reading all the negativity about Australia Post. I must be in a massive minority who have never had an issue with them.   I get loads of stuff delivered and actual prefer them over other carriers.  It is usually other carriers that send me an email saying that they tried to deliver and no one was home and can pick up from their depot.   Funny how I am retired and the Mrs works from home 3 days a week There is always someone home.  One of them actually sent me the message while I was sitting at the table drinking coffee.  It stated " a delivery driver tried to deliver the item at 10am and no one was home .... " It was 10.05.   It isAussie Post for me.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marty_G said:

Interesting reading all the negativity about Australia Post. I must be in a massive minority who have never had an issue with them.   I get loads of stuff delivered and actual prefer them over other carriers.  It is usually other carriers that send me an email saying that they tried to deliver and no one was home and can pick up from their depot.   Funny how I am retired and the Mrs works from home 3 days a week There is always someone home.  One of them actually sent me the message while I was sitting at the table drinking coffee.  It stated " a delivery driver tried to deliver the item at 10am and no one was home .... " It was 10.05.   It isAussie Post for me.  

Once upon a time I was you. I started having occasional issues around the time they decided to do letters at a 2-tier price. I noted the correlation because I figured they were deliberately messing things up to try to get everyone to move to the higher price for the same service they used to get at the lower price.

Since they got the virus as an excuse I'd guesstimate problems with 1 in 5 parcels and significant delays on 1 in 3 even after I allow extra time for covid delays.

• Like 2