Coopers Community

Logical logistics?

Malter White

This kind of amuses me. Coopers produce most of their products, if not all, at Regency Park, SA. They have warehousing in Qld where their online store orders are processed. This is due to the majority of their customers being on the east coast. Makes sense.

So if I place an order in SA it comes to me via Qld. I did so on 17/9 and I was checking the tracking advice of my order this morning. A week after ordering it's now 1.3 kms from it's place of origin after travelling a minimum 4,000 kms. Makes sense. 😁

IMG_20210924_074215.jpg

• Haha 5

Nothing surprises me with  Australia Post to be honest.

I have given  up on making sense of how they do things, and what responsibility they take on delivering your goods

I had a product on express delivery   this is the tracking information 

picked up at Yarraville, Vic
to Airport west sorting facility,  Vic
to Melton sorting facility ,Vic     (this is only 15minutes away from where i live)
To Airport wast sorting facility, Vic
To Adelaide sorting facility , had a weeks holiday here
To NSW sorting Facility
To derrimut sorting facility ,Vic
To Adeliade sorting facility 
To Melbourne Sorting Facility
To Bacchus Marsh sorting Facility
Finally  delivered in Bacchus Marsh

This was an express delivery  

Nothing makes Logical Sense with Australia Post or Star Track for that matter

The part what got me they got as far as Melton  how hard would it have been for them to deliver it from there
rather then doing a long trip around 1/2 the country

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a package sent from OS. I couldn't work out what it was because the Auspost notification wasn't from a seller I recognised at all. Tried talking to Auspost and got nowhere.

Now I get a Notify that Auspost has 'got it' and giving an ETA - so I looked at tracking and got...

image.thumb.png.f36810859c669d3b8244c526c3f542a5.png

PERTH!!!??? You bloody flew OVER Adelaide with my package!

A common theme here it seems. I ordered ( in Tasmania) a small parcel from Sydney. Nearly four weeks later it arrived, having visited Darwin, Adelaide ( a popular resting spot @ozdevil, it lazed about there for several days), on to Melbourne ( a few more days rest- tiring business this touring the country), then Launceston and finally to me.Australia Post complain of being overwhelmed by parcel volume. I’d humbly suggest a bit of efficiency might help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

I have a package sent from OS. I couldn't work out what it was because the Auspost notification wasn't from a seller I recognised at all. Tried talking to Auspost and got nowhere.

Now I get a Notify that Auspost has 'got it' and giving an ETA - so I looked at tracking and got...

image.thumb.png.f36810859c669d3b8244c526c3f542a5.png

PERTH!!!??? You bloody flew OVER Adelaide with my package!

They forgot to toss it out overhead.

• Haha 1

IMO Australia Post have dropped the ball, gone are the days when we went down the PO & actually spoke to a person who would have been the owner & he/she was polite & helpful, dare I say usually the same nationality as our self 😬 they used to pride themselves on looking after you as they were hoping for repeat business.

These days apart from standing in a line like a number they have their hand out for your money before you can say what you want. There services have gone to the pack, it is more like a convenience to swipe your card to pay a bill. I won't start on their parcel delivery as most of you have covered it. They wonder why there are the scam emails/messages telling us we have a parcel & it couldn't be delivered, so enter your Credit Card number & pay the $3.00 extra postage so we can get it to you. Well I found out the scammers are doing fine as a lot of people are so gullible they just pay it only to find out they have been conned. They work on the principle that a lot of people are expecting a parcel a lot of the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a good news story... 

I was gifted a tinny and trailer by my brother which was unexpected as I am hardly best friends with my brother and no sort of sailor ... and especially since I drive a 20 year old Honda Civic without a towbar.    On Monday I searched the internet and ordered one for click and collect for a good price.  They said they would call me about when to pick it up.   They never did. 

On Wednesday morning, 2 days later,  it was on my doorstep (courtesy of Startrack express) which was unexpected because I ordered click and collect to avoid the delivery charges... and delays.  But I wasn't charged delivery and there was no delay.  I rang them expecting this to be a colossal stuff up with the wrong paperwork on the wrong gear but they said they mailed everything out because the police were giving them a hard time about the number of people at the shop during lockdown.    It all checked out and I scored a tow bar for a bargain price and saved a $50 delivery charge.  In two days ! 

In the meantime I continue to wait for Bunnies to fill my click and collect order from close to a week ago...

I call her Dinghy McDingface...  although some one has suggested the SS Minnow

AVvXsEh4iE_7R3I_xyJOPqgy7R0AQ_Gxcg53Sruy

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I managed to capsize McDingface before I even put her in the water.  

I was in the backyard, I got in the boat  sat at the tiller and started motor-boating, just getting the hang of it, when all of a sudden physics kicked in and the nose of the boat was pointing to the sky and fatso was wedged in the bottom of the boat between the outboard and the fuel tank crying out 'Mayday ! Mayday !'   The point of balance is a long way back on that trailer but I tipped it.  I contemplated sending up a flare.  Took me a full 10 minutes to save my soul.  Luckily the only damage was to the number plate. 

If I had a little buddy I would have hit him with my hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

which was unexpected as I am hardly best friends with my brother and no sort of sailor

3 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I managed to capsize McDingface before I even put her in the water.  

One wonders if these 2 things are somehow related... 😄 Just how 'hardly best friends' are you? 😄 

So just how BIG is Adeliade airport?

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Fri 15 Oct, 6.04am

Item processed at facility ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Fri 15 Oct, 6.01am

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Wed 13 Oct, 11.02am

Item processed at facility MELBOURNE SOUTH EAST VIC
Wed 13 Oct, 9.48am

• Haha 1

The errant package above (not from Melb) just keeps rolling on.

In transit to next facility in SYDNEY WEST NSW Mon 18 Oct, 7.44am 

Item processed at facility ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA Mon 18 Oct, 5.22am

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA Tue 12 Oct, 5.34am

Item processed at facility PERTH AIRPORT WA Tue 12 Oct, 5.21am 

In transit to next facility in PERTH AIRPORT WA Mon 11 Oct, 2.10pm

Item processed at facility PERTH AIRPORT WA Mon 11 Oct, 2.05pm

In transit to next facility in PERTH WA Mon 4 Oct, 10.44pm

Item processed at facility SYDNEY SOUTH WEST NSW Mon 4 Oct, 8.54pm 

So it's 6 days travel to Perth, spend a week there, get processed out, 6 days travel to Adelaide and then they send it back to SYDNEY?

WTF??? Murray Bridge is just out of Adelaide. I'm thinking I should go stand on the side of the road and flag the bloody truck down - "STAND AND DELIVER!" comes to mind!

Auspost has a notice onsite... "Your parcel may take longer than usual to arrive. We're experiencing delays due to a record number of parcels and major COVID-19 disruptions."

It SHOULD read...
Your parcel may take longer than usual to arrive. We're experiencing delays due to a record number of parcels wandering around the country while carefully avoiding being delivered!

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

The errant package above (not from Melb) just keeps rolling on.

In transit to next facility in SYDNEY WEST NSW Mon 18 Oct, 7.44am 

Item processed at facility ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA Mon 18 Oct, 5.22am

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA Tue 12 Oct, 5.34am

Item processed at facility PERTH AIRPORT WA Tue 12 Oct, 5.21am 

In transit to next facility in PERTH AIRPORT WA Mon 11 Oct, 2.10pm

Item processed at facility PERTH AIRPORT WA Mon 11 Oct, 2.05pm

In transit to next facility in PERTH WA Mon 4 Oct, 10.44pm

Item processed at facility SYDNEY SOUTH WEST NSW Mon 4 Oct, 8.54pm 

So it's 6 days travel to Perth, spend a week there, get processed out, 6 days travel to Adelaide and then they send it back to SYDNEY?

WTF??? Murray Bridge is just out of Adelaide. I'm thinking I should go stand on the side of the road and flag the bloody truck down - "STAND AND DELIVER!" comes to mind!

Auspost has a notice onsite... "Your parcel may take longer than usual to arrive. We're experiencing delays due to a record number of parcels and major COVID-19 disruptions."

It SHOULD read...
Your parcel may take longer than usual to arrive. We're experiencing delays due to a record number of parcels wandering around the country while carefully avoiding being delivered!

I have no issues having delays  in Victoria , but when your goods that you have paid for are going on holidays interstate and across the country  then i do not see this 
as a logical solution to the ammount of parcels they are recieving

I get aust post/star track  have restricted work force due to covid..   However  your goods should not be travelling from one end of the country to the next.

its pointless buying express  as the cant keep up to the demand.

my Carlton footy club membership goodies are still  in Australia post from 12 weeks ago 
it would have been better risking going into metro and picking it up myself

i Avoid where i can using aussie post  due to there lazy attitudes and blaming others for there pi$$poor way of doing things

hey  your goods havent gone to Darwin or Tassie yet  so there is a few more places to go before getting to murray bridge

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

It SHOULD read...

Wow that's ridiculous but standard procedure, why make it easy, I send parcels all over the country but these days my suppliers ship direct to the client saving me the hassle. It is very convenient to use the Covid excuse to cover up all of the faux pas. It's a bloody nightmare these days Auspost tracking orders, it seems to me that the charge enough to send 1 x parcel Stubby Holders to X-Hotel so why not send it on a tour of the continent first. Apart from the fact they don't get it right we now are flooded with couriers who cannot speak our language or read a street sign.

Once I had one of our treasured imported people deliver a parcel to the place next door, they took it down to the Post Office & it was marked " Not at this address" so it got sent back to the supplier. 😬

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

hey  your goods havent gone to Darwin or Tassie yet  so there is a few more places to go before getting to murray bridge

Right! Cos THAT'S gonna cheer me up... 😄

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Once I had one of our treasured imported people deliver a parcel to the place next door, they took it down to the Post Office & it was marked " Not at this address" so it got sent back to the supplier.

I don't suppose you had a few words with your neighbour? When we get mail for others in the street we wander down and stick it in their post box. 😄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I don't suppose you had a few words with your neighbour? When we get mail for others in the street we wander down and stick it in their post box. 😄

Well at the time I wasn't home, neither were they,  apparently the box was left on their doorstop & they took to the PO & it was sent back. I didn't know that at the time & they obviously were not intelligent enough to look at the address.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I used to deliver mis-delivered mail to my neighbours.   But during my recent move I found a letter that had been mis-delivered that had fallen between the cracks. The address was about a mile away.   It was two years old and I had moved 100km away so I opened it and found it contained $30 obviously intended as a birthday present for some kid.   I felt really bad about it.

I felt better after I spent the money on a six pack. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I used to deliver mis-delivered mail to my neighbours.   But during my recent move I found a letter that had been mis-delivered that had fallen between the cracks. The address was about a mile away.   It was two years old and I had moved 100km away so I opened it and found it contained $30 obviously intended as a birthday present for some kid.   I felt really bad about it.

I felt better after I spent the money on a six pack. 😆

Poor Kid but I hope you enjoyed the beer !!🤭

SO my package is now in Sydney again and my expected delivery is now 8 days away! Auspost is so far under 'incompetent' I can't think of a word bad enough! So much for the assurance "I've contacted Chullora and they will turn the parcel around!"

They also happily lie - my tracking CLEARLY said Adelaide airport was sending it to Sydney and some idiot assured me in a FB message that she had checked the tracking and it was on it's way to me in MB. Pure lie! As evidenced by the next person to answer my msg who was the one who mentioned Chullora.

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

SO my package is now in Sydney again and my expected delivery is now 8 days away! Auspost is so far under 'incompetent' I can't think of a word bad enough! So much for the assurance "I've contacted Chullora and they will turn the parcel around!"

They also happily lie - my tracking CLEARLY said Adelaide airport was sending it to Sydney and some idiot assured me in a FB message that she had checked the tracking and it was on it's way to me in MB. Pure lie! As evidenced by the next person to answer my msg who was the one who mentioned Chullora.

They are frustrating bunch at Aussie Post   , they take no responsibility for anything not even there own stuff ups.

at times i wish i could have a holdiday like a  parcel gets  to travel accross the country side

The thing is covid 19 has been in Australia for 18 months  they still blame Covid for the back log   they cause themselves
and they think they have the right to strike across the country tommorow .

i would be charging them a rental fee for keeping your goods that should be at your place

I have a tracking for something saying from kegland that is saying its in a melb facility  but the numbnuts have already delivered it

i should put in a complaint   saying i havent recieved the goods and ask them to send it

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

They are frustrating bunch at Aussie Post   , they take no responsibility for anything not even there own stuff ups.
at times i wish i could have a holdiday like a  parcel gets  to travel accross the country side
The thing is covid 19 has been in Australia for 18 months  they still blame Covid for the back log   they cause themselves
and they think they have the right to strike across the country tommorow .
i would be charging them a rental fee for keeping your goods that should be at your place
I have a tracking for something saying from kegland that is saying its in a melb facility  but the numbnuts have already delivered it
i should put in a complaint   saying i havent recieved the goods and ask them to send it

I've got one of those - delivered but still showing they have it.

The problem is this - covid does NOT explain what is going on. At best, the virus might explain a bit of delay in getting a parcel but it fails utterly as a reason for sending things to the wrong place, not just once but over and over.

If Auspost is overworked they could reduce the workload by well over 100% by simply sending things where they are supposed to go. As it is they are rehandling packages 5 or more times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I've got one of those - delivered but still showing they have it.

The problem is this - covid does NOT explain what is going on. At best, the virus might explain a bit of delay in getting a parcel but it fails utterly as a reason for sending things to the wrong place, not just once but over and over.

If Auspost is overworked they could reduce the workload by well over 100% by simply sending things where they are supposed to go. As it is they are rehandling packages 5 or more times.

i totally agree with you..

i'm just thinking how the brains of Aust post   will answer  and blame other then themselves

you know its not Aust posts fault your parcel is doing what it is

they are frustrating mob

• Like 2

I went slightly overboard with the free delivery the other day and had 3 boxes turn up on monday, 4th one had shown no update since making it to sydney last thursday. I was starting to freak out that it had been lost. Magically appeared today without being scanned at the depots it would have travelled through since the main sydney one. this box was the one with heavy stickers all over it. It's my 6 cans and 4kg of LDM. I assume someone dropped it at some point (there was a big split along one side of the bottom of the box) and that nobody wanted to pick it up after that. All 6 cans are dented and the LDM is all squashed. No burst bags tho.

Now that I think about it, how bad are dents in extract cans?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

Now that I think about it, how bad are dents in extract cans?

Had the same thing the box was plastered in Heavy stickers from Coopers, the courier got to the front door ran out of puff and dropped the whole lot. Six out of Seven cans were dented.

I have purchased dented cans that were put out cheap from BigW.   Luckily I haven't problems so far but  I think if any of the seams had been fractured it may be a different outcome.

• Like 1