Coopers Community

Logical logistics?

Malter White

1 hour ago, Marty_G said:

delivery driver tried to deliver the item at 10am and no one was home

I used to get that a lot when I was living in a unit and the delivery guys didn't want to do the flights of stairs. Now I'm in a house that's stopped happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty_G said:

Interesting reading all the negativity about Australia Post. I must be in a massive minority who have never had an issue with them.   I get loads of stuff delivered and actual prefer them over other carriers.  It is usually other carriers that send me an email saying that they tried to deliver and no one was home and can pick up from their depot.   Funny how I am retired and the Mrs works from home 3 days a week There is always someone home.  One of them actually sent me the message while I was sitting at the table drinking coffee.  It stated " a delivery driver tried to deliver the item at 10am and no one was home .... " It was 10.05.   It isAussie Post for me.  

i get there is good and bad in every carrier service.

I have had some good service from AustPost while 70% has been pretty poor wether thats me  expecting to much  as i work in the transport industry 

credit when its due ,  however i will give feedback on how bad they are performing
thats with any carrier service  

• Like 1

Guys /Gals

As i have been very disgruntled as you all are aware.  I do Owe @Coopers DIY Beer Team Apology in this thread.
I did breach some terms of the service, not intentionally but i did , As i insulted the staff intellgence and i agree that is not right.  So please accept my Apology  @Coopers DIY Beer Team In future wether my feedback is good or bad i will think about it more before posting.

Also like i said in a previous post i give credit where it is due... This is to the Coopers team once again i appreciate them listening to my concerns and i was shocked becuase my entire gripe wasnt truely about Coopers its more with Australia Post.  that  in good Faith  Coopers are sending me out a fresh ROTM, in which they didnt have to , and i was not expecting that  so top stuff i do appreciate it and thankyou.

Now  i am just going to chill and let the good times roll by and concentrate on other stuff then parcel deliveries 

Cheers and Beers
oz

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

My parcel came today. No tracking until this AM when it said it was onboard for delivery.

Turns out the package travelled more than 900 kms MORE in Australia than it did coming from China! I wonder if I can collect the Frequent Flyer points? 😄

@Journeyman

A few Post Office Jokes for you. 🤣

A friend wants to give up being a postman to become a comedian, but his delivery is awful.

Another friend got a job as a postman. On his first day, he was handed a letter. He looked at it, and thought “this isn’t for me”.

Got stuck for ages behind Satan in the queue at the Post Office. For the devil takes many forms.

A friend of mine lost his job as a postman. He just wasn’t delivering the goods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I  have no choice but use Australia Post because couriers will not deliver to my property (access issues) and not all sellers offer " click and collect".  I have not really had any issues with Aust Post but have no one  to measure them against. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

@Journeyman

A few Post Office Jokes for you. 🤣

A friend wants to give up being a postman to become a comedian, but his delivery is awful.
Another friend got a job as a postman. On his first day, he was handed a letter. He looked at it, and thought “this isn’t for me”.
Got stuck for ages behind Satan in the queue at the Post Office. For the devil takes many forms.
A friend of mine lost his job as a postman. He just wasn’t delivering the goods.

I'm going to hunt you down and make you pay... 😄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know WA closed their borders but rejecting packages several times is a bit much - maybe that's how they do quarantine? Keep sending it back until ebough time has passed the covid must have died? 😄

The side trip to Bendigo is a bit of a 'WTF?' moment though! And Golden Square is IN Bendigo so they got it at the Central PO then sent it 3 kms to GS?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I ordered an inkbird on the 9/7. Turned out it was in Hong Kong.  🥴

11/7 it was in Sydney being sorted. 

Checked every second day.

No movement at all. For 9 days.

Today is 20/7. Checked again will be delivered tomorrow. Geelong.

But PF logistics says its still in Sydney.  

We live in hope.

Edited by oldbloke
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, oldbloke said:

We live in hope.

I suppose it would depend on where you ordered it from, most of the reputable suppliers on the net would have had it to you in a few days or less, unless of course you went down the eBay/Amazon etc track - they love hanging on to your money for as long as they can.

31 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I suppose it would depend on where you ordered it from, most of the reputable suppliers on the net would have had it to you in a few days or less, unless of course you went down the eBay/Amazon etc track - they love hanging on to your money for as long as they can.

Yep, Ebay. But WTF, 9 days in Sydney??

1 minute ago, oldbloke said:

Yep, Ebay. But WTF, 9 days in Sydney??

I know Keg Land don't sell Ink Bird but there are plenty of online Local Brewing Supplies around & where you are it would be easy to get one in a couple of days. I don't use or trust those others, I like to try & support local businesses.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, oldbloke said:

But PF logistics says its still in Sydney.  

We live in hope.

if only  knew you was looking for a inkbird controller i could have sold you one for less then what you paid for or what you could have done from a lhbs..  you could have had it on the 11/7/2022    i would have sold you the inkbird 308 wifi  one for less then 30 dollars

all you had to do is drive  45minutes up to Bacchus Marsh  would have been so much quicker lol

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, ozdevil said:

Nothing surprises me with  Australia Post to be honest.

I have given  up on making sense of how they do things, and what responsibility they take on delivering your goods

I had a product on express delivery   this is the tracking information 

picked up at Yarraville, Vic
to Airport west sorting facility,  Vic
to Melton sorting facility ,Vic     (this is only 15minutes away from where i live)
To Airport wast sorting facility, Vic
To Adelaide sorting facility , had a weeks holiday here
To NSW sorting Facility
To derrimut sorting facility ,Vic
To Adeliade sorting facility 
To Melbourne Sorting Facility
To Bacchus Marsh sorting Facility
Finally  delivered in Bacchus Marsh

This was an express delivery  

Nothing makes Logical Sense with Australia Post or Star Track for that matter

The part what got me they got as far as Melton  how hard would it have been for them to deliver it from there
rather then doing a long trip around 1/2 the country

How much carbon emissions?. Insane all done in diesel trucks pumping out ugly PM. Expense and polluting

• 1 month later...

I'm not too concerned about the time it's taking because I can always get stuff from nearby shops but these logistics still amuse me.

I've highlighted Regency Park because it's where the product is made. It's then shipped to Qld to be sent back to Regency Park SA, if it's sorted correctly which it wasn't. So it's making it's way back from Victoria to Qld and possibly on to SA eventually. By the way, I drive through Regency Park almost daily.😁

IMG_20221215_074502.jpg

Edited by Malter White
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I'm not too concerned about the time it's taking because I can always get stuff from nearby shops but these logistics still amuse me.

I've highlighted Regency Park because it's where the product is made. It's then shipped to Qld to be sent back to Regency Park SA, if it's sorted correctly which it wasn't. So it's making it's way back from Victoria to Qld and possibly on to SA eventually. By the way, I drive through Regency Park almost daily.😁

IMG_20221215_074502.jpg

That's absolutely weird, you would think if it is made in Regency Park SA there would be some way to store some product for local distribution in SA instead of sending it all over the country. Yours is a typical example as you are reasonably close to the facility.

My thoughts are if Coopers have an online ordering system surely it wouldn't be too hard to have a retail outlet but then I suppose you would need one in every state.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's absolutely weird, you would think if it is made in Regency Park SA there would be some way to store some product for local distribution in SA instead of sending it all over the country. Yours is a typical example as you are reasonably close to the facility.

My thoughts are if Coopers have an online ordering system surely it wouldn't be too hard to have a retail outlet but then I suppose you would need one in every state.

Many production businesses have a door sales facility. Slape & Sons Sausage factory is just around the corner from me. I buy from them regularly. Their front counter receptionist acts as their door sales shop assistant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

Many production businesses have a door sales facility. Slape & Sons Sausage factory is just around the corner from me. I buy from them regularly. Their front counter receptionist acts as their door sales shop assistant.

That's true they do.

Slape & Sons have a great range of products, I have been buying them for years.

• Like 2

Oh come on! Surely someone at AusPost is taking the p155 here. I live in Adelaide where the product is made. They sent my order from Brisbane to Melbourne but realised that was a mistake, so they sent it back to Brisbane. Back in Brisbane they decided to send it to Melbourne for a second time and Melbourne have sent it back to Brisbane for a second time.

If it happens to make it my place in this current cycle it will have travelled no less than 11,000 kms from it's origin.

What concerns me the most about all this is that I recently applied for a job with AusPost and they decided I wasn't the right candidate for the job. Perhaps I'd be too efficient for their processes?🤦‍♂️

IMG_20221222_082405.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1