Coopers Community

Fresh Wort Kits

jackgym

12 minutes ago, Liambeer said:

I tried to proceed to checkout but couldn’t get a freight price, anyone got one from keg land? 

My god their website is as slow as molasses and difficult to navigate.
I don't see a shipping calculator anywhere, maybe use their contact us link and ask how much it is delivered to wherever you are.

19 minutes ago, Liambeer said:

I tried to proceed to checkout but couldn’t get a freight price, anyone got one from keg land? 

Select your own shipping, left hand side of the page. To be safe i'd go Australia Post bulky. Which cost 37 dollars. makes the whole fresh wort kit unviable in my opinion if you cant pick it up in person.

23 minutes ago, Liambeer said:

No.  At 15kg or so, it would not be cheap.  Oh, I see Boozer has figured something out.

You might be better asking KL if they have a distributor nearer to you.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liambeer said:

I checked and for 1 cube it was going to ship for about !3.50 and so I thought I check to see how many multiple units would ship for and 4 would ship for about $25.00.........Im in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne...fair price really IMO

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Select your own shipping, left hand side of the page. To be safe i'd go Australia Post bulky. Which cost 37 dollars. makes the whole fresh wort kit unviable in my opinion if you cant pick it up in person.

I agree, there are only 2 places I know of in Adelaide that sell them, the shipping costs make them far less attractive but I have 2 LHBS within 25kms as I have now moved to Glenelg, both driveable to pick up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

I checked and for 1 cube it was going to ship for about !3.50 and so I thought I check to see how many multiple units would ship for and 4 would ship for about $25.00.........Im in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne...fair price really IMO

just select pick up  kegland have 24/7 pickup    straight down the eastern fwy  turn off at dandenong rd and its basicly 2kms up the rd
no postage but your paying for fuel

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

just select pick up  kegland have 24/7 pickup    straight down the eastern fwy  turn off at dandenong rd and its basicly 2kms up the rd

EastLink you mean and is my preferred route.  Yep fuel cost plus the tolls and they would likely add up to the near freight cost anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Thanks Ozzie mate, that's awesome. That makes the exercise well and truly on par with the price of K&K for sure.

29 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

EastLink you mean and is my preferred route.  Yep fuel cost plus the tolls and they would likely add up to the near freight cost anyway.

Something to consider as Ozzie noted as well. But at $25.00 per 4 units shipped that's the go, at least for me 25 dollars split 4 ways is really good IMO. It's a better deal than I currently have with my LHBS.

5 hours ago, Mickep said:

Something to consider as Ozzie noted as well. But at $25.00 per 4 units shipped that's the go

Not sure where you are located but I'm like outer metro Melbourne and bought a three FWK's from grain and grape in December when they had a 20% off sale on all of them delivery was $17 via Aus post for the three kits.

Also just grabbed one of their wort of the week kits advertised at 20% off, kit came to $40 plus $7.95 delivery to my front door, it'd cost me more than that in diesel to drive there and I'm only 30 minutes or less away from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Frosty Chop said:

Not sure where you are located but I'm like outer metro Melbourne and bought a three FWK's from grain and grape in December when they had a 20% off sale on all of them delivery was $17 via Aus post for the three kits.

Also just grabbed one of their wort of the week kits advertised at 20% off, kit came to $40 plus $7.95 delivery to my front door, it'd cost me more than that in diesel to drive there and I'm only 30 minutes or less away from them.

Thanks FC, I'm Eastern Suburbs so G&G is a bit far for me to get to - but $17.00 shipping fee for 3 worts delivered is great value - like I said when you find a FWK at $30.00 and delivery is around this price it makes me question the whole goop in a tin thing...well at least for some of the beers I'm doing. May Coopers will have a think about doing something along these lines. Mind you I'm yet to brew one of these cheapies so I'll wait until I've had a crack before judging anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

like I said when you find a FWK at $30.00 and delivery is around this price it makes me question the whole goop in a tin thing...

For sure, it's a great price. I'd grab one too if I had the time to do a proper lager and didn't already have a stack of FWK's waiting their turn 🙂

I'm drinking my first one now, it's not quite three weeks old yet but I just can't leave it alone it's sooo good. I think they are well worth the extra cost considering the ease of putting them on and how much better they are compared to the goo cans and make a premium quality full flavored beer at about half the price of a cheap mega swill.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, iBooz2 said:

Wonder if @Coopers DIY Beer Team have any comments on if we will see any Coopers FWK in the on-line store near future-ish?  

I dunno if they'll put FWKs in the online store as it seems to be for the DIYBeer and MrBeer branded products and the shipping could be horrendous. Still, my understanding is Coopers have some ownership of All Inn Brewing so we're still supporting Coopers when we buy those FWKs.

I've been doing a few, too. My favourite is the Rapid Descent Strong Ale (with a box of BE3 and BRY97) but the Coopers/Morgans/AIB rep told me they have discontinued it. 😞

Have tried the Red IPA and the Mosaic XPA, too. Both excellent. I'll be bottling the Widowed Butcher Russian Imperial Stout tomorrow to be followed up with the Citra XPA as well as a Kissaki Lager that will be used as a base for a sour. I mainly only use the cans of goo in the craft fermenter,  now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Instigator said:

I dunno if they'll put FWKs in the online store as it seems to be for the DIYBeer and MrBeer branded products and the shipping could be horrendous. Still, my understanding is Coopers have some ownership of All Inn Brewing so we're still supporting Coopers when we buy those FWKs.

I've been doing a few, too. My favourite is the Rapid Descent Strong Ale (with a box of BE3 and BRY97) but the Coopers/Morgans/AIB rep told me they have discontinued it. 😞

Have tried the Red IPA and the Mosaic XPA, too. Both excellent. I'll be bottling the Widowed Butcher Russian Imperial Stout tomorrow to be followed up with the Citra XPA as well as a Kissaki Lager that will be used as a base for a sour. I mainly only use the cans of goo in the craft fermenter,  now.

Doubt very much that Coopers owns any part of all in, it’s a tiny place up the road from me and I can’t see them being invested in it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Liambeer said:

Doubt very much that Coopers owns any part of all in, it’s a tiny place up the road from me and I can’t see them being invested in it. 

I was told that by Scott, one of the people involved in the Coopers/Morgans/AIB show from Brisbane while he was in Cairns. You might follow the link and also check who the Key Principal of Morgans is. Beyond that, I have no idea, but I figure Scott would. 🙂

It's not a stretch to think Coopers would expand their home brewing footprint into FWKs.  Also, sending pallets of FWKs to Yatala for distribution along with the rest of the Coopers and Morgans stuff to LHBSs would also be logistically sensible. 

Just from this thread, the AIB FWKs are a good product. Looks like a smart move by the Cooper family. 👍

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 12:56 PM, iBooz2 said:

Wonder if @Coopers DIY Beer Team have any comments on if we will see any Coopers FWK in the on-line store near future-ish?  

BACK TO THE FUTURE. At this stage we don't have plans to go back to 1977 (the year we launched the Brewer's Own Ale kit), but as the old adage goes, never say never.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...

Sorry in advance for this silly question, but if my fresh wort kit has an estimated SG Range Undiluted: 1.068 and I wish to add 5 liters of water to the wort how many gravity points does this reduce to.? I've read here somewhere before now to allow 2 points per liter. Is that correct?

43 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Sorry in advance for this silly question, but if my fresh wort kit has an estimated SG Range Undiluted: 1.068 and I wish to add 5 liters of water to the wort how many gravity points does this reduce to.? I've read here somewhere before now to allow 2 points per liter. Is that correct?

I can't help you Mick but just for the record I had considered those before I was going to set up a BIAB system but as it turned out I skipped them & dived in the deep end. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I can't help you Mick but just for the record I had considered those before I was going to set up a BIAB system but as it turned out I skipped them & dived in the deep end. 

Thanks Phil, no probs mate - I found what I'd been after but that just seems to have opened a big can of worms.

Now I'm after est FG and ABV and don't know or more accurately can't make head nor tail of the calculator on line....scratching head much

3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Thanks Phil, no probs mate - I found what I'd been after but that just seems to have opened a big can of worms.

Now I'm after est FG and ABV and don't know or more accurately can't make head nor tail of the calculator on line....scratching head much

Yeah I did advanced Photography, Graphic Arts, my own artwork/design & I can't get my head around Brew Father, yet. 😬

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I did advanced Photography, Graphic Arts, my own artwork/design & I can't get my head around Brew Father, yet. 😬

Don't put us together in a brewery with the OG, SG, FG, Gravity calculators - we may not like what we end up with when it comes time to quench the thirst. 😂

• Haha 1