Coopers Community

Please help me with my obsessive compulsive disorder

Malter White

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

OMFG! This is the Facebook page of an SA craft brewery. If a beer producer can't get it right what f@#*&ng hope is there for the illiterate, beer drinking plebs?

IMG_20211105_180551.jpg

I can see you right now banging your fists in Larger rage!!!

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, Cee said:

And at the end of this long, dark road, we will be reduced to no words at all

All our beer will be just a group of etches such as IIII

Or ----

Or XXXX

Don't ever put an N in the middle of those X's

Not that I'd know

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...

Even though your post is from a few years back, I wanted to reach out and offer some support. I can imagine that dealing with OCD, especially in a forum setting, can be challenging. It's great that you were able to express your feelings and needs so openly.Using the correct terms like BIAB and LAGER might seem small to some, but I understand how important these details can be when you're dealing with OCD. Have you found any strategies or techniques that have helped you manage these challenges over the years?If you ever need to talk or need more resources, feel free to reach out. https://www.mentalhealth.com/disorder/obsessive-compulsive-personality-disorder-ocpd provides some insights into OCD that could be relevant.

Edited by LeticiaGarcia

On 4/6/2024 at 6:36 PM, LeticiaGarcia said:

Even though your post is from a few years back, I wanted to reach out and offer some support. I can imagine that dealing with OCD, especially in a forum setting, can be challenging. It's great that you were able to express your feelings and needs so openly.Using the correct terms like BIAB and LAGER might seem small to some, but I understand how important these details can be when you're dealing with OCD. Have you found any strategies or techniques that have helped you manage these challenges over the years?If you ever need to talk or need more resources, feel free to reach out. https://www.mentalhealth.com/disorder/obsessive-compulsive-personality-disorder-ocpd provides some insights into OCD that could be relevant.

Good onya @LeticiaGarcia . I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say, while I’m sure the understanding and info you have provided here will be helpful for some, not that I know for sure (as it’s just a guess), but I’m pretty sure MUZZY, @Malter White and @Beerdo (and any other pseudonym this seriously funny man uses) started this thread as a bit of tongue in cheek. 
I well may be completely wrong and no doubt I will be corrected accordingly. 😉
Having said all that, I need to be clear and state that I support the need to talk more freely about mental health conditions to assist in removing associated stigma and raising awareness and understanding, so in this vein I have no doubt the link and support you have provided here will be beneficial - so thank you for that 👏🍺🍺

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 9:06 PM, LeticiaGarcia said:

Hi @LeticiaGarcia

Sorry for any confusion. As pointed out by @Triple B Brewing, it was just a  tongue in cheek poke at people who use incorrect spelling.

• Like 2

Don't we all have a little OCD? Some people may call it idiosyncracies. I for one have morning and evening mugs for my tea and I like using a specific spoon for each cup. Don't laugh but with one particular medication, I like taking the tablets out of the pack in a symmetric pattern. Why? I have no clue, I just do and it annoys me if somebody else takes them out and doesn't leave a symmetrical pattern 😂 I have the same order of things in my pockets too. Keys left front, phone left back, wallet right back and everything else right front. You wouldn't believe how irritating it is when I accidentally stick my phone into my front pocket and then freak out because I can't find it. I am a messy bugger and nobody would expect any OCD, looking at it but everything has its place, even in the mess. A few years ago, my study/mancave was a royal mess. Some called it a biohazard. In order to get to things, I had to climb over other stuff and all. It was full on. However I knew exactly where things were and after use, I did put them back exactly where they were. I always said that only a genius can rule the chaos and those who keep order are just too lazy to look 🙂 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I have the same order of things in my pockets too. Keys left front, phone left back, wallet right back and everything else right front. You wouldn't believe how irritating it is when I accidentally stick my phone into my front pocket and then freak out because I can't find it. 

I have a similar routine. It probably looks like I'm doing the Macarena when I leave the house, tapping each pocket for phone - keys - wallet - pen - "Heyyyy Macarena!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Don't we all have a little OCD? Some people may call it idiosyncracies. I for one have morning and evening mugs for my tea and I like using a specific spoon for each cup. Don't laugh but with one particular medication, I like taking the tablets out of the pack in a symmetric pattern. Why? I have no clue, I just do and it annoys me if somebody else takes them out and doesn't leave a symmetrical pattern 😂 I have the same order of things in my pockets too. Keys left front, phone left back, wallet right back and everything else right front. You wouldn't believe how irritating it is when I accidentally stick my phone into my front pocket and then freak out because I can't find it. I am a messy bugger and nobody would expect any OCD, looking at it but everything has its place, even in the mess. A few years ago, my study/mancave was a royal mess. Some called it a biohazard. In order to get to things, I had to climb over other stuff and all. It was full on. However I knew exactly where things were and after use, I did put them back exactly where they were. I always said that only a genius can rule the chaos and those who keep order are just too lazy to look 🙂 

I am a tidy freak, always have been, I will blame my mother. 🤭 But seriously I always like to keep things neat, tidy & organised, I get annoyed when people come into my bar & lean all over the place & move bar mats around etc. Then you have the fidgeters who can't help picking up a collectable, no smoking sign or whatever is near them, I have to straighten stuff & return everything back to where it was.

The one thing that annoys me most is people getting up, leaving the dirty glass on the bar & walk out without pushing the bar stool back where it was.

All of these habits could be called something but really it doesn't bother me because that's how I like it. My Bar - My Rules.

In the kitchen I have a very strict regime, an old Army saying in the Kitchen was "clean as you go" IMO the most important thing you could ever learn when it comes to organising, preparing & cooking a meal, it carries right through until the clean-up which should be minimal as you have kept on top of any possible mess or disorganised chaos.

Some people offer to help but I have to tell them they would only get in the road or slow me down.

It is good to have everything in its place & functioning properly so if it is a disease, I surely have it. 🤣

• Like 4

I am also a tidy freak, and like things in place.

My brewery is tidy, Grainfather & HLT on a bench, empty & full kegs underneath.

Toolbox for brewing is sorted into drawers, such as cleaning agents in one drawer, disconnects in another, hop socks in another etc.

I have a plethora of spare parts if things go wrong (comes from my days as a Fitter on the tools).

‘Speaking of tools I have a 3 tier tool box complete with tools, Metric spanners in one drawer, Imperial in another, sockets in another, you get the drift.

They are all in its place so I know where to go if I require tools for keg maintenance.

Beer glasses are on a shelf all washed & cleaned.

Power / battery tools in another area. 

I was away working and my wife required a Stanley knife to cut something up so she rang me, I said it’s in the top tier Sidchrome tool box, right hand side, 3rd drawer down at the back, she said how do you know I said well it’s my toolbox so I know where stuff is, and I do get cranky if something is borrowed and not put back in its correct place.

I have a seperate drawer for socks, jocks, shirts, t-shirts etc.

Then I have another drawer for band t-shirts only, but wait, and another drawer for Iron Maiden t-shirts. 🤣🤣

‘What can I say, yes I like to be organised as I despise spending hours looking for stuff. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I am also a tidy freak, and like things in place.

My brewery is tidy, Grainfather & HLT on a bench, empty & full kegs underneath.

Toolbox for brewing is sorted into drawers, such as cleaning agents in one drawer, disconnects in another, hop socks in another etc.

I have a plethora of spare parts if things go wrong (comes from my days as a Fitter on the tools).

‘Speaking of tools I have a 3 tier tool box complete with tools, Metric spanners in one drawer, Imperial in another, sockets in another, you get the drift.

They are all in its place so I know where to go if I require tools for keg maintenance.

Beer glasses are on a shelf all washed & cleaned.

Power / battery tools in another area. 

I was away working and my wife required a Stanley knife to cut something up so she rang me, I said it’s in the top tier Sidchrome tool box, right hand side, 3rd drawer down at the back, she said how do you know I said well it’s my toolbox so I know where stuff is, and I do get cranky if something is borrowed and not put back in its correct place.

I have a seperate drawer for socks, jocks, shirts, t-shirts etc.

Then I have another drawer for band t-shirts only, but wait, and another drawer for Iron Maiden t-shirts. 🤣🤣

‘What can I say, yes I like to be organised as I despise spending hours looking for stuff. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Way to go RD, I wouldn't have it any other way. 🗃️

• Like 2

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Way to go RD, I wouldn't have it any other way. 🗃️

Absolutely @Classic Brewing Co, I loved the part about you getting annoyed by people leaving dirty glasses and stools left out, I am exactly the same as my cousin does that constantly when he calls around for a beer and it drives me nuts. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Absolutely @Classic Brewing Co, I loved the part about you getting annoyed by people leaving dirty glasses and stools left out, I am exactly the same as my cousin does that constantly when he calls around for a beer and it drives me nuts. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it's only manners to return the stool to where it was & at least ask where do you want the glass.

I have a few mates that come around that spend lots of time in the pub & they get a shock when the realise 'Phil's Bar & Grill' is not just another front bar.

Most of them know the rules but when they bring a mate, he finds out quickly that the only bull allowed is on the dartboard. 🎯

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, it's only manners to return the stool to where it was & at least ask where do you want the glass.

I have a few mates that come around that spend lots of time in the pub & they get a shock when the realise 'Phil's Bar & Grill' is not just another front bar.

Most of them know the rules but when they bring a mate, he finds out quickly that the only bull allowed is on the dartboard. 🎯

100% agree mate. 

• Like 1