Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottie

Chronic brewer, mastered the kit process enjoyed the full extract process and now exploring the possibilities presented by Partial Mash brewing.

Along the way I've put down 53 brews and only recently, after being challenged by the Hairy one, put down a Lager. First up I went with the Oktoberfest from the how to brew section, this one is in a jerry can in my legering fridge and had just ticked over 3.5 weeks.

My second lager was a partial Mash after PB2 made the suggestion and then Hairy linked me up with some partial mash recipes and techniques. Used the Coopers Euro Lager kit and 2.3kg of Bohemian Pils.

Initially I was going to use BIAB techniques to do my partial (which Muddy have looked upon favourably) but decided to use my cooler with a stainless steal braid manifold.

Looking to use some of my favourite Coopers kits in my upcoming partials such as the IPA and the EB and looking to get a grain mill so I can buy my grains locally.

Looking to use some of my favourite Coopers kits in my upcoming partials such as the IPA and the EB and looking to get a grain mill so I can buy my grains locally.

Scottie, one of my best beers was a partial mash with the Coopers IPA kit. Let me know if you want the recipe and I will dig it up (I buried it so no one woud steal it [biggrin] )

• 3 months later...

Long overdue bump [rightful]

I'm still Scottie which is amazing considering the number of different handles (identity crisis) I had in my previously burned Coopers forum identity [bandit]

Brewing an English Bitter since yesterday and this morning I have a beautiful pure white Krausen [love]

I'm still me, love this hobby. Do kits and bits, extracts, and the occasional partial. Would love to go AG, but money and time prevent me from taking the plunge. This week I'll be doing a partial mash Northern English Ale and using liquid yeast for the first time.

Hey Nick,

This post just broke 10,000 views! Nice one, Mate! Great post.

We're a long way from breaking it like we did with the original "Brew day, watcha got?"

There's a few new and reasonably colorful characters on the forum now, so it would be good to hear from them.[biggrin]

Good idea to kick this thread along as many people, new to the Guild, may be interested to know who's who at the zoo.

Hi, I'm PB2 (there was a bloke at Coopers, when I first started, who had almost the same name so I called him PB1 to avoid confusion). Just over 10 yrs full time employ at Coopers Brewery.

Am getting on a bit - I may have been born when the world was sepia but now I'm in colour and 3D!

These days, I work on a casual basis with Coopers. Help out on the brewing hotline (when required), create recipes and sometimes make a contribution to this site (also twitter and facebook when necessary, grrrr).

For those who don't know me - among other initiatives, I'm the bloke who is responsible for the DIY Beer kit and brewing instructions (written and video). The very same instructions that others advise to throw away. [pouty]

I would like to think that we have changed things over recent years (brew cans, yeast, adjuncts, recipes, hardware, etc.) so that new brewers are likely to make a better beer than that 20 years previous.

Experienced brewers may be surprised to go back to "brewing ground zero" and see the improvements we have made. [biggrin]

I make beer from kits, kits 'n' bits, extract, partial mash and all grain. Been making all-grain beer since about '94.

Welcome PB2 [tongue]

I don't know what the kits were like 10-20 years ago but they are generally pretty good now. And the new 'Recipe of the Months' are also good.

And I am sorry to hear you have to participate in Twitter [sad]

...snip These days' date=' I work on a casual basis with Coopers. Help out on the brewing hotline (when required), create recipes ....For those who don't know me - among other initiatives, I'm the bloke who is responsible for the DIY Beer kit .....[biggrin'].....

I hope its OK to snip a PB2 post.

+1 to great recipes - Had another mate around tonight to sample the Oktoberfest. He said "This is a really great beer" and had to have another just to confirm it.

+1 to the DIY kit also I [love] it

Long overdue introduction, but better late than never.

I'm Steve.

A journalist who had the extremely good fortune of writing a story on PB2 and Coopers back in September '09. Been brewing ever since, thanks to PB2's inspiration, guidance and patience with all my dumb questions - what he doesn't know aint worth knowing and he's a ripper bloke.

Am content with my kits'n'bits status and making beers that I reckon afar exceed commercial ones.

But am yet to sample an all-grain beer - partly because then I'd probably never be satisfied with my current beers and would have to move to AG!!

Am still a journo, now write about sport ... tough job, but someone has to do it.

Cheers

Hi All,

I'm Damo.

Like Dennis in the ads I am a completely and utterly hopeless DIY'er. But I love beer so for fathers day, I got the coopers DIY kit. I travel a lot and this has been the first time I'll be home for more than a few days so I'm putting this "easy" DIY to the test!!

I've only had my brew for 2 days and so far, it seems ok.... The test will be on day 6 I suppose :)

Wish me luck!

G'day. My name's Pete and I'm an \u2026.oops, wrong group.

I'm a bit of an old fart and have just started brewing again after a 25+ year absence, mainly to avoid having to pay 60 bucks and upwards for a decent carton of beer. A man's not a bloody camel or a millionaire!

I've been lurking for a while and am about to bottle me fourth batch. I gotta say the tips, recipes and info I've already garnered from here have been a great help. with some extra special thanks to PB2.

I look forward to concocting some even better weird and/or wonderful brews and drinking them too!

Hey Pete

Welcome to this friendly little community. I reckon I haven't bought store beer by the carton for 12 months, the last would've been Coopers Pale Ale for the yeast and bottles. When my mate came around the other night to sample my Oktoberfest he said I was sitting on a gold mine considering the most recent hike in sin tax. I hope the government doesn't catch on [rightful]

Anyway' date=' since everyone's been doing this I might as well get in on it as well. [lol']

My real first name is Kelsey, as it says in my sig, I'm 26, and I'm currently working as a bus driver for Brisbane City Council which I started in August. It's gotta be the cruisiest job in the world. It was this job which has provided me the cash to upgrade to AG. Prior to that I was self employed as a courier driver which looking back was largely a waste of time and effort given the amount of expenses associated with it. It's almost impossible to make anything out of it. And before that I did an apprenticeship on a golf course as a greenkeeper. I obviously love my beer, I enjoy a night out at the pub with my mates, and I often go to friends' places with a few brews for them to try which usually go down a treat, which is good!

I play guitar in a heavy rock band, and this photo was taken at the filming of our first video clip, not the greatest but anyway [lol] - I've actually cut my hair shorter since then:

561798_396599417073314_232520052_n.jpg

[lol] I love this picture![devil]

Archived