Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

I have notices. A lot of new faces. I noticed the forum is still in its old format and the extra pretty colours.

I have also noticed Weggl left us

Thanks Nick - Took a little while to get working properly tho. I had major issues with the beer getting warm in the tower if you didn't finish the schooner within 5 minutes. I found a good solution for that tho, drink faster

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been pretty active on this site before but come and go from the site every now and then. Since I am back for a bit I have noticed a few new names so I better introduce myself.

My name is Matthew I am 24 years of age and am a Network Admin, similar to Anthony. I have currently been brewing for roughly 2.5 years, I love big beers such as stouts and IPAs. I have been brewing All Grain for roughly 1.5 years. I only have a little 3v setup which didnt cost me a great deal at all but brews the perfect amount for a keg.

the SWMBO had a big hand in setting up my system, purchasing little odds and ends when she found them cheap. She also found my whole bar setup which I would spend the whole day if I had the chance. Don't drool too much fellas.[love]

20121225110401.jpg

you spoilt bastard lol, cheers Ned

Righto I better introduce myself as well.

Name's Mike, 31 years old. I service pokies and TAB terminals for a living. The industry of misery. I also work as a JP.

Started brewing back in high school and used to sell the beer cheap at parties. Picked up the hobby again when I turned 30, and am brewing AG, BIAB with an urn.

I also work for an audio/home hifi company, and am into high end home audio. Speakers, turntables, etc.

Heavily into music, if I'm home I have music playing. Vast range of genres. I'm usually playing music off a network drive, piped through to my main system in the lounge, or smaller living room system. However if I want to sit down and have a proper listen to an album I'll usually play records on my Linn LP12 turntable.

I brew in my cellar under the house, however the temp has reached 22.1 degrees down there so that's come to a halt. I have an old fridge in the garage and an STC1000 I've yet to wire up, I'll have to get that going soon as my latest batch of AG beer didn't turn out at all and will likely have to tip the lot sadly.

No kids, just two cats and two bearded dragons. Getting married in April. (gulp)

Thats pretty much it!

Hello, I am Greg.

I am definitely NOT a Network Admin. [crying]

Can I still be on this forum?? [sad]

Let's see:

You are witty, insightful, intelligent and you seem like a decent bloke.

Sorry Mate, you don't belong here [biggrin]

Name's Mike, 31 years old. I service pokies and TAB terminals for a living. The industry of misery. I also work as a JP.

Started brewing back in high school and used to sell the beer cheap at parties. Picked up the hobby again when I turned 30, and am brewing AG, BIAB with an urn.

I also work for an audio/home hifi company, and am into high end home audio. Speakers, turntables, etc.

Heavily into music, if I'm home I have music playing. Vast range of genres. I'm usually playing music off a network drive, piped through to my main system in the lounge, or smaller living room system. However if I want to sit down and have a proper listen to an album I'll usually play records on my Linn LP12 turntable.

I brew in my cellar under the house, however the temp has reached 22.1 degrees down there so that's come to a halt. I have an old fridge in the garage and an STC1000 I've yet to wire up, I'll have to get that going soon as my latest batch of AG beer didn't turn out at all and will likely have to tip the lot sadly.

No kids, just two cats and two bearded dragons. Getting married in April. (gulp)

Thats pretty much it!

Hi Soundawake

Ive got about 46 records ive been collecting since i was about 18. haven't opend 1 of them yet :(. ive been putting it off till we build our new home. what record player would you recommend ?

cheers

Hi Soundawake

Ive got about 46 records ive been collecting since i was about 18. haven't opend 1 of them yet :(. ive been putting it off till we build our new home. what record player would you recommend ?

cheers

Depends on how much you want to spend!

For minimum dollars that still gets you a reputable brand and resale value, I'd go for a Rega RP1.

Or you could get a second hand Rega P3, (the next model up).

Don't forget you'll need to buy a phono preamp as well to boost the signal for your amp, so you'll need to factor this into your budget.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions and pick my brain!

Nice, ive actually got a amp with a phono imput (yamaha aventage )

My fiance bout me a turntable for xmas from dick smith............. i told her to return it,spent a nice night in the garage having a few beers on my own that night [devil]

i want something mid range not the best but something that will last and give that loving warm sound[love] .

Well we wan't to know each other,i live on the Sunshine Coast in Qld have for 35yrs.Married to my first wife have 2 girls.Fish at least twice a week if weather lets us.Surf when i'am feeling fit & the surfs not to big or to small.Have owned the same business with my wife for 26 yrs.Enjoy making craftbeer not homebrew.My fav COOPS brew would be the Unreal Ale recipie with 250 grms of Crystal Malt added.

Thanks for reading.

Thats pretty much it!

I'm spinning some Bob Marley vinyl as I type. I really dig vinyl! I've got a few hundred LP's that I'm spinning all the time.[cool]

G'day all

Russ, 31, a West Aussie whos been living in Tas the last few years. Undergound miner/ mining engineer currently deskbound in Launceston.

Have only bottled kits with malt so far but have a hoppy light (alcohol) beer in the FV as we speak and about 5 pounds of hops in the mail (thanks ebay) lol. Next step is another fv and some speciality grains

Love my beer but cant go worng with these Tassie Pinots either

Thanks Russell for sharing that.

Its probably good that this thread has been given a bump as there are a lot of new members joined since xmas.

This is a good place to tell us a bit about yourself and to learn a bit about other members. Many members have more in common than just brewing, so here is a place to chat...just remember to include some brewing chat now and then or PB2 will banish the thrread to Siberia[biggrin] [biggrin]

I bought my dad a home brew kit for Chrissy when I was a kid. I don't know if he ever used it though.[unsure]

Like most homebrewing in that era, probably got used once and then banished to the dirty old shelf in the back of the shed.

Its probably just a home for critters now...time to call in

Hey

Ma names Graham (doh!) but apparently when I landed it was changed by the locals to Grahbo or the as popular Pommy c$%t.

I live up here on the Sunny coast, originally shipped in to fix your bridges after the 2011 floods, after the work was finished I decided to stay and since you Aussies didnt give a f@rk Im still here.

Im married and have a teenage pain in the arse. Love fishing, 4wd'ing and Im a member of the local wood crafting guild.

I love my Belgiums & stout but Im currently making a few lagers the traditional way. My fav kit is Coopers APA spiked with US C hops but my main method of producing liquid gold is my frankenstein 3v system.

Hey

Ma names Graham (doh!) but apparently when I landed it was changed by the locals to Grahbo or the as popular Pommy c$%t.

I live up here on the Sunny coast, originally shipped in to fix your bridges after the 2011 floods, after the work was finished I decided to stay and since you Aussies didnt give a f@rk Im still here.

Im married and have a teenage pain in the arse. Love fishing, 4wd'ing and Im a member of the local wood crafting guild.

I love my Belgiums & stout but Im currently making a few lagers the traditional way. My fav kit is Coopers APA spiked with US C hops but my main method of producing liquid gold is my frankenstein 3v system.

G'day neighbour, you may have more bridges to fix after the weekend if the forecast is right.

I see you enjoy a fish, i get out on the Maroochy most week ends, but its been pretty quiet lately. my fav type of fishing is out on the dams chasing bass and Yella, infact i'm going back out to Boondooma in a couple of weeks.

Being from the motherland and still having a slight accent, i get pommy cnut a fair bit...i tell myself its a term of endearment[roll]

Cheers,

Archived