Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

Sunshine Coast Boys,GrahamB8,Nick we should go for a fish & a beer sometime.I don't really care if you came out from the motherland as you say,my family probably did to at some stage,except great grandpa was always called darkie ash (but we don't talk about that alot)lol[lol] [lol]

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunshine Coast Boys' date='GrahamB8,Nick we should go for a fish & a beer sometime.I don't really care if you came out from the motherland as you say,my family probably did to at some stage,except great grandpa was always called darkie ash (but we don't talk about that alot)lol[lol'] [lol]

hahaha i got a distant relative like that too...no one talks about him much i get a kick out of it.

Ok, a bit about myself.

Name: Richard

Married with two kids.

Originally from the Northern Beaches of Sydney and relocated to the Central Coast December 2010. I work in commercial property and have done for the last 8 years, prior to that I owned smash repair business in Brookvale, I know strange change of profession. I love beer, drinking it, making it and just staring at it. I am into Golf, Cricket, Rugby League (mighty Manly Sea Eagles), Fishing and Punk music.

I have just started adding specialty grains to my kit beers, and are working towards putting together an AG system, that will be interesting. I have brewed on and off for 25 years, and joining this forum I have learnt all the reasons I was making some good and bad beers from time to time, all that is fixed now, no turning back.

I believe beer-a-clock is whenever I feel like it!!!

I am into Golf' date=' Cricket, Rugby League (mighty Manly Sea Eagles), Fishing and Punk music.[/quote']

Nice to meet you Richard. I'm a bit of a metal head, but I've been known to throw some Minor Threat or Subhumans into the mix. I'm really happy with my current AG setup, but I got into it with far less equipment and made some GREAT beer from the get go. I'm far from an expert but if you need help designing a 'next-to-nothing' setup I'd be happy to help.

we should go for a fish & a beer sometime.

Aye, maybe a brewday !

Hey Graham and Ash...dont know what your upto today, but i've battoned down the hatches and are gonna keep my fingers crossed that i dont have a tree go through the roof today

[unsure]

WTF' date=' just had weather update...were gonna get a few isolated tornado's...never heard that before[crying'] [crying]

Just baton down the hatches brother and make sure theres nothing round the yard that can lift up and smash your house or car

Hi Phil,

Ah, Minor Threat Out of Step won of the all time great records.

I appreciate the offer, I recently got a pub keg and have designed as per Yobs Slaughter House Brewery, however after looking at Kelsey's brew day thread I am starting to lean towards urn and brew in a bag.

Haven't made my mind up yet, pros and cons?

WTF' date=' just had weather update...were gonna get a few isolated tornado's...never heard that before[crying'] [crying]

Just baton down the hatches brother and make sure theres nothing round the yard that can lift up and smash your house or car

Not sure about the rest of the Sunny Coast chapter, but i'm up in the hills behind Noosa sorta and surrounded by tall timber.

Seen plenty of wild stuff here over the last 20 odd years, but this is unreal.

Lucky we have candles, cards and coldies![biggrin]

One of the BIG cons for gas is having to refill the cylinder at the exorbitant prices they ask. Another one is that you have to brew outside, okay on days like this, terrible in 40 degree heat. [crying]

I really like the look of BIAB in an urn. The only reason I went with gas was because I already had a kettle, and couldn't afford the urn upfront TBH. [bandit][ninja]

Aye a day in watching tv.

Looking at the BOM radar the worse of it is about to hit

Made the move to cook up a lamb shoulder i had in the fridge for a party tomorrow which has been cancelled,having trouble keeping the temp right in the barbie with 50knot gusts coming & going.

Not sure about the rest of the Sunny Coast chapter, but i'm up in the hills behind Noosa sorta and surrounded by tall timber.

Seen plenty of wild stuff here over the last 20 odd years, but this is unreal.

Lucky we have candles, cards and coldies![biggrin]

I'am on the beach at Kawana sounds like the surf is going to come through the bedroom windows[annoyed] [annoyed]

I'am on the beach at Kawana sounds like the surf is going to come through the bedroom windows[annoyed] [annoyed]

With some of the diehard surfers i know, there's probably a few out there...hopefully you wont get one of them through your window as well[devil]

With some of the diehard surfers i know, there's probably a few out there...hopefully you wont get one of them through your window as well[devil]

They won't be out at Kawana [lol] [lol] [lol]

• 2 months later...

I thought i would give this thread a bit of a bump. we have a number of new members who have become regular contributors to the forum since xmas, so here is a thread where you can tell us a bit about yourselves and to read a bit about some of the familiar names who answer your questions.

I'm Eddy, ditto what Muddy says. Thought I better take up Nick on his bump. LOL Ex pat yank, been here 12 years, moved from Melbourne to Brissy Bayside a few years ago and not lookin back. I'm an old rocker, use to be a builder, but work as nerd for the last 15 years. If you wonder about the nick, I'm a stubborn ass, used to raise horses and mules, and I live in Oz so there ya go. Did I mention I like beer?

My name is Otto and I like to get blotto.

I like beer, heavy metal, women, beer, rock and roll, beer, guitars, amps, beer and beer. And brewing. [lol]

What about footy and fishing???

I'm Eddy, ditto what Muddy says. Thought I better take up Nick on his bump. LOL Ex pat yank, been here 12 years, moved from Melbourne to Brissy Bayside a few years ago and not lookin back. I'm an old rocker, use to be a builder, but work as nerd for the last 15 years. If you wonder about the nick, I'm a stubborn ass, used to raise horses and mules, and I live in Oz so there ya go. Did I mention I like beer?

i wondered where that handle came from Eddy, but now its clear (sort of) I had 9 years in Melbourne before i saw the light and moved to QLD...its a bit like a lobotomy, there's no going back[biggrin]

Archived