Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

We do what I do Nick - whatever we like' date=' whenever we like. [lol']

I have been seeing a girl the past couple of weeks though who is a huge fan of German lagers and wants to come around and sample some and check out a brew day. If it works out then I daresay I'll have a very understanding girlfriend who might even get involved in it herself. And help me consume the brews. [lol]

She sounds like a keeper Kelsey. I know you're not a prolific brewer of lager, but i reckon you soon will be[innocent]

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tobias, living in a small town south of Stockholm, Sweden. 33 years of age and living alone in an apartment.

The town I live in is by the sea, and I've lived here all my life. Naturally boats is an interest for me, and I own a small sailing boat (a bit shorter than 6m long). It's my second summer owning it now, but my family has always been out sailing so it's not new for me.

I have a habit of starting all these projects and never finish them; that combined with being a huge Star Wars fan creates some issues for me. For example, I started doing 2 different costumes that never got finished... yet. :)

Anyway, started my brweing career in the end of March with the Motueka Slam IPA; and loved it. I was dead set on that my first 5-6 brews would be disasters but I only tipped one so far and now I have brew 7 and 8 in the FV's. I still do (modified) kit brews because it's handy for me. Eventually I'll probably start extracts, but I don't have time or enough space at home to start AG brewing.

Everyone that tried my beer told me they're good but I don't know if they lie just to be nice :) Anyway, after a lot of posts of/about my homebrews on Facebook, people around me have been starting to take a little more interest, and that's always fun, maybe I'll have 2-3 people who will try brewing themselves :)

Plans for summer; will ditch the computer desk in the living room and attempt building a bar instead, much more fun!

Tobias, living in a small town south of Stockholm, Sweden. 33 years of age and living alone in an apartment.

The town I live in is by the sea, and I've lived here all my life. Naturally boats is an interest for me, and I own a small sailing boat (a bit shorter than 6m long). It's my second summer owning it now, but my family has always been out sailing so it's not new for me.

I have a habit of starting all these projects and never finish them; that combined with being a huge Star Wars fan creates some issues for me. For example, I started doing 2 different costumes that never got finished... yet. :)

Anyway, started my brweing career in the end of March with the Motueka Slam IPA; and loved it. I was dead set on that my first 5-6 brews would be disasters but I only tipped one so far and now I have brew 7 and 8 in the FV's. I still do (modified) kit brews because it's handy for me. Eventually I'll probably start extracts, but I don't have time or enough space at home to start AG brewing.

Everyone that tried my beer told me they're good but I don't know if they lie just to be nice :) Anyway, after a lot of posts of/about my homebrews on Facebook, people around me have been starting to take a little more interest, and that's always fun, maybe I'll have 2-3 people who will try brewing themselves :)

Plans for summer; will ditch the computer desk in the living room and attempt building a bar instead, much more fun!

Looks like your on the right track Tobias.If you are sharing a beer of yours with ABBA 1 day say good day from Coopers Forum MOB.[love] [love] [lol]

Looks like your on the right track Tobias. If you are sharing a beer of yours with ABBA 1 day say good day from Coopers Forum MOB.

[lol] That's not funny at all Ash

I have had a fair bit of dealings with people from Sweden, I vividly remember the day 20 years ago when I asked a Swedish national by the name of Kai Strom if he knew Bj\xf6rn Ulvaeus. He didn't see the funny side at all.

Hey Tobias

Do you know Kai by any chance, he's Sundsvale.

i saw a pic of the blonde ABBA chick on the telly last night. i think i will be reviewing my ultimate fantasy. Granny's are not on my agenda!!

Hey Tobias, thanks for the insight. You write with good English and even use some Australianisms like "dead set". Are you originally Swedish?

Looks like your on the right track Tobias. If you are sharing a beer of yours with ABBA 1 day say good day from Coopers Forum MOB.

[lol] That's not funny at all Ash

I have had a fair bit of dealings with people from Sweden, I vividly remember the day 20 years ago when I asked a Swedish national by the name of Kai Strom if he knew Bj\xf6rn Ulvaeus. He didn't see the funny side at all.

Hey Tobias

Do you know Kai by any chance, he's Sundsvale.

Say What

Unfortunately I don't know anyone in either ABBA, Opeth or Arch Enemy :P However, I do know one of the singers in The Haunted if that counts, his parents have the same kind of sailing boat as my parents and I've sailed quite a bit with his parents :P I don't know Kai either, but one of my best friends moved up to Sundsvall :)

I think we've been blessed with a lot of english on TV here in Sweden, I grew up watching Dallas and Falcon Crest so I guess I picked up some from there. On top of that we started english as a second language in 5th grade. About the Australianisms (wow that's a hard word:P), I'm not really sure what that come from. I do watch a lot of TV series and movies in english so could be from there. Born and raised and lived in Sweden all my life! :)

Hey Tobias

Thanks for sharing, good luck with the brewing and ignore these Aussie Blokes and their do you know ABBA comments they enjoy taking the Piss

But you must know the guys from Ace of Base, right?

Hey Tobias

Thanks for sharing, good luck with the brewing and ignore these Aussie Blokes and their do you know ABBA comments they enjoy taking the Piss

Hehe, it's ok, I'm used to it coming from a relatively small country no one really knows much about :)

Hairy, no not really :)

Hey Tobias

Hehe, it's ok, I'm used to it coming from a relatively small country no one really knows much about :)

Hairy, no not really :)

You are a good sport mate.

A question for you. I am a big Muppets fan and would like to know something.

Is the Swedish Chef actually speaking Swedish? If so, I reckon I might be able to get by over there.

Hey Tobias

But you must know the guys from Ace of Base, right?

Some of us Aussie Blokes might be asking a simple question Scottie,it's not that big of a country & Hairy who the hell are Ace of Base.[innocent] [innocent]

Hmmm, no I don't think the Swedish Chef talks Swedish :)

And Ace of Base is one of our biggest music export in the early 90's along with Roxette. Maybe not to Australia though, don't know :)

And Ace of Base is one of our biggest music export in the early 90's along with Roxette. Maybe not to Australia though, don't know :)

Australia got both of them. And Roxette toured here last year.

And no, I didn't go [devil]

(I had a prior engagement [pinched] )

It's a shame about the Swedish Chef though. It looks like I won't be ordering any sandwiches by myself in Sweden.

I'AM pretty sure I was smoking in the 90's & not drinking so I probably missed them.[lol] [lol]

It's a shame about the Swedish Chef though. It looks like I won't be ordering any sandwiches by myself in Sweden.

But throwing a cabbage into the air and firing at it with a shotgun will always be my preferred method of brussel sprout creation. [lol] [lol] [lol]

Hairy, Tobias is watching English spoken TV shows, he probably knows Charlene from Neighbors or Alf from Home and Away.

Apart from Coopers isn't that our major export!

Mike Sierra Foxtrot, this is Victor Charlie Charlie! How could I forget about the Flying Doctors, watched that a lot too back in the days ;)

Hairy, Tobias is watching English spoken TV shows, he probably knows Charlene from Neighbors or Alf from Home and Away.

Apart from Coopers isn't that our major export!

Mike Sierra Foxtrot, this is Victor Charlie Charlie! How could I forget about the Flying Doctors, watched that a lot too back in the days ;)

On behalf of Australia, I would like to apologise for what we have put you through [rightful]

Archived