Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

On a serious note, I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.

Yup.. the old man lost his house in the fires there.. My grandfather built it when he came back from WWII [crying] I spent a fair deal of my childhood at that property riding motorbikes, shooting, fishing etc..

[crying] [crying]

Yob, I'm really sorry to hear that your family has lost a house in the fires over there. Especially one that has such special significance. [sad]

I hope any relatives you have there are all ok, & are able to get back on their feet asap.

Anthony.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, lots of pages, haven't been around much and just came across this megathread.

I have a strict no photos on the internet policy (my tinfoil hat is too reflective to take a good photo anyway [biggrin] ).

But I will divulge this much...My name is Muddy [bandit] ...I am 38 and live in Queenscliff NSW until we can afford to move to our farm in Thailand.

As Nicole Kidman came up a few times at the start of the thread I shall also mention that I appeared alongside her in the Aussie classic BMX Bandits....good luck finding me in the gang of kids on their BMXs though (I never could).

Chad, glad to see my mental picture of you was almost right....this it how I always pictured you...

grizzlychad.jpg

Hey Muddy,

Thanks a great photo of me. Where did you great it?[biggrin] . Grizzly Adams has never looked so good![lol]

What do you mean you've never posted a photo of yourself? I seem to remember something about you in a wedding dress. You looked so... nice for your big day![wink] [whistling

Hairy, do you remember that photo of Muddy?

As Nicole Kidman came up a few times at the start of the thread I shall also mention that I appeared alongside her in the Aussie classic BMX Bandits...

Hey Muddy

I now hate you as well [lol].

nicoleinacrowd.jpg

In the original post I commented that I wasn't a big fan of Keith Urban for obvious reasons, so Muddy you're in good company.

I also neglected to name my favourite Can

[surprised [surprised

Its the Coopers Australian Pale Ale

Never fails apart from my original APA and BE1 I would have to say that the American, English & Quasi Aussie versions I have put down have come out better than the Fruit Salad Ale. I have done that one twice and have not managed one that I could rave about.

Then again I haven't followed the recipe to the "T" either time although the 2nd one was really close.

Hey Muddy,

Thanks a great photo of me. Where did you great it?[biggrin] . Grizzly Adams has never looked so good![lol]

What do you mean you've never posted a photo of yourself? I seem to remember something about you in a wedding dress. You looked so... nice for your big day![wink] [whistling

Hairy, do you remember that photo of Muddy?

I sure do. It is permanently scarred into my mind. Here is Muddy's big day (post #12):

Muddy's Big Day

Hey Muddy,

Chad, is that how you ended up in Golden? A fugitive on the run from the law. What did you do? [unsure]

"Maybe, there's a world where we don't have to run"

If you ever come through Western Sydney and you need a place to lie low for a while then PM me (assuming it is working by then).

Hey Muddy,

Chad, is that how you ended up in Golden? A fugitive on the run from the law. What did you do? [unsure]

"Maybe, there's a world where we don't have to run"

If you ever come through Western Sydney and you need a place to lie low for a while then PM me (assuming it is working by then).

Hey Hairy,

Thanks for the invite! The next time I'm passing through I'll be sure to ring! I looked up where Penrith was in my "World Atlas" today!. It didn't have your address but I'm sure if I just asked around with some of the locals they would probably know where you're holed up. If not I'll just wait around until I see the hairiest guy around which would most likely be you.[biggrin] That's what it's like around here anyway.

I can't tell you EVERYTHING about me. Now that my true identity has been reviled.[bandit] It might have something to do with my taste for the wacky tobacky though[unsure] . This is pretty much the reason we're all hanging (hiding) out here in the mountains.[biggrin] Isn't that why Grizzly Adams was hiding out?

It didn't have your address but I'm sure if I just asked around with some of the locals they would probably know where you're holed up. If not I'll just wait around until I see the hairiest guy around which would most likely be you

Hey Bandit

I'm astounded that you found Penrith on a 'World Atlas'. I think you might be surprised if you think I am the hairiest guy in Penrith. You will get off the train and think that you have landed on the Planet of the Apes (except we Penrithians aren't as intelligent) [biggrin]

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

"It's a mad house! A mad house!"

Hey Ned,

While I was looking in my Wolrld Atlas I took note of where Ulladulla was. It doesn't look too far from Hairy's place so when he throws me out I might head down the coast and crash your party![biggrin]

I hope you aren't intending to walk there. It is about a 3 hour drive. I guess it isn't far when you consider distances across Australia.

Anyway, I will probably join you. Because if you get kicked out of my place then my wife will probably be throwing me out at the same time.

Hey Ned,

While I was looking in my Wolrld Atlas I took note of where Ulladulla was. It doesn't look too far from Hairy's place so when he throws me out I might head down the coast and crash your party![biggrin]

Party cant be crashed...lifes one big party and your more than welcome mate [biggrin]

Hey Ned,

I hope you aren't intending to walk there. It is about a 3 hour drive. I guess it isn't far when you consider distances across Australia.

Anyway, I will probably join you. Because if you get kicked out of my place then my wife will probably be throwing me out at the same time.

well its only fair...you did give me advice to chase my beers with vodka...swmbo wanted to know who the penrith smarty is lol[biggrin] [cool]

Hey Ned,

Party cant be crashed...lifes one big party and your more than welcome mate [biggrin]

Thanks Mate,

I'll see you when the dust settles![cool]

Ok so ive been reading these posts and thought it would be my turn to introduce.

My names Anthony and im a 30 year IT Engineer who works n enterprise servers. use to be an x telstra/optus liney.

apart from drinking beer and scotch id class my self as an experienced bushwalker that often likes to get lost in the wilderness. love shooting and love bow hunting. I just proposed to my missus on the top of razor back ridge cathedral rangers and about to get married, did i mention my missus was afraid of heights ? it was helerious (for me)[devil] .

i live in the south east suburbs of Melbourne but secretly want to move out country.

will see how that goes

Hi there Anthony, i lived in Dandy, but left in 86 to head for the bush and ended up in QLD a year later. love it here, but still enjoy weekends back in Melbourne Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum[biggrin]

I have been pretty active on this site before but come and go from the site every now and then. Since I am back for a bit I have noticed a few new names so I better introduce myself.

My name is Matthew I am 24 years of age and am a Network Admin, similar to Anthony. I have currently been brewing for roughly 2.5 years, I love big beers such as stouts and IPAs. I have been brewing All Grain for roughly 1.5 years. I only have a little 3v setup which didnt cost me a great deal at all but brews the perfect amount for a keg.

the SWMBO had a big hand in setting up my system, purchasing little odds and ends when she found them cheap. She also found my whole bar setup which I would spend the whole day if I had the chance. Don't drool too much fellas.[love]

20121225110401.jpg

Archived