Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

BTW' date=' my old man is still raving about your stella IPA. he's an old pommy who hates gassy cold megaswill. reckons its the best drop he's had outside England.[/quote']

Hey Nick

Thanks for the feed back on the Stella IPA, it's good to get the opinion of another home brewer.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somehow i think that this is not the first time you've shown that photo.

Cheers Scottie.

BTW, my old man is still raving about your stella IPA. he's an old pommy who hates gassy cold megaswill. reckons its the best drop he's had outside England.

Hey Nick

You probably saw that pic in the Herald Sun, big punch up with Keith after my Wife took this next photo [lol]

scottnic.jpg

Check out how her smile changed [innocent]

PS Thanks for the feed back on the Stella IPA, it's good to get the opinion of another home brewer.

Haha, i wasnt fooled for a minute[innocent]

Haha' date=' i wasnt fooled for a minute[innocent']

[lol] So there you have it, know you know me a bit better.

Favourite Actress Nicole Kidman (are there any other actresses?).

Couldn't believe my luck when we walked into Madam Tausaud's on Victoria Peak and there she was. I looked at my wife and she said get over then. Got an Album full of pics before my wife said, "get your hands off her before we get kicked out"

I drive a Holden Commodore SSV and Support the West Coast Eagles, The Gold Coast Titans and the Hobart Hurricanes.

BTW Welcome Max, officially its 39 degrees here at the minute but my outdoor thermometer says 43 degrees in the shade. Hopefully it\u2019s too hot for the pinheads and their matches.

I'm 32, work as an electrical engineer, love drinking and brewing beer (duh), have a black belt in karate (to work off the beer), barrack for Collingwood, no kids and get to visit Germany every now and then- what better place for someone addicted to beer?

Here's an old pic, but it was taken in Germany and has Dunkelweizen in it [EDIT] changed to more recent pic, and with hat cos I felt left out

406121_10151328203271288_365446926_n.jpg

I'm 32, work as an electrical engineer, love drinking and brewing beer (duh), have a black belt in karate (to work off the beer), barrack for Collingwood, no kids and get to visit Germany every now and then- what better place for someone addicted to beer?

Here's an old pic, but it was taken in Germany and has Dunkelweizen in it

1959_47521162396_6752_n.jpg

It was all going well, until you you said you barracked for Collingwood[devil]

Cheers mate

Good post idea Nick. [happy]

Rogues-Point_5.jpg

Recent pic of what I like to do when I'm not brewing/drinking. [biggrin]

I'm 42, an upholsterer by trade & have worked in the retail liquor industry for the past 13 or so years. I have good IT knowledge & have designed programs etc. for non-profit on & off over about the same period.

If you own a Holden built between 1993-2000, there is a 50% chance that I contributed part of the build of it. [rightful]

As far as female actresses go, Angelina Jolie does it for me. [wink]

Of my many faults, at least being a Collingwood supporter isn't one of them! [whistling (Sorry AdamH [tongue] )

Anthony.

Good post idea Nick. [happy]

Its always good to know a little about those we chat to. I despise social media in a way as it sort obscures who we really are. i dont want to be known only as a log on and password. cheers for the post Lusty. Looks like the fishing is good down your way[biggrin]

...ahh Anthony, I see you like to catch bait when you are not drinking...[innocent]

I'm almost 60, spent pretty much all my life knocking around the bush, grew up on the Eyre Peninsula at a place called Buckleboo...which is supposed to mean "land of the death adder" on a wheat and sheep farm, did an electrical apprenticship and have been travelling around the bush ever since. I spent a year working underground in a gold and copper mine as a maintenance sparky, did a bit of truck driving, had a go at opal mining at Mintabie and Coober Pedy...unsuccessfully I might add but have spent the last twenty odd years running around the Territory wiring blackfella houses and more recently installing and maintaining water infrastructure on blackfella communities. I have just sold my business and am about to move to Port Lincoln in SA, I also hope to catch bait as a hobby....I am hoping I might get some mummy and daddy ones as well...[cool] I have been brewing for about 18 years with mixed success, my brewing is generally pretty reliable these days though and I am looking forward to getting to Pt Lincoln and getting started again!

Cheers mate

awesome just the melonhead i thought iwas liking lol

Cheers Scottie.

BTW, my old man is still raving about your stella IPA. he's an old pommy who hates gassy cold megaswill. reckons its the best drop he's had outside England.

Hey Nick

You probably saw that pic in the Herald Sun, big punch up with Keith after my Wife took this next photo [lol]

scottnic.jpg

PS Thanks for the feed back on the Stella IPA, it's good to get the opinion of another home brewer.

Hands off her Golden Globes [rightful] [rightful] [rightful]

Cheers Scottie.

Hey Nick

scottnic.jpg

Hands off her Golden Globes [rightful] [rightful] [rightful]

and Keith doesnt drink anymore...how can we trust him lol

Hi Rossm.

...ahh Anthony' date=' I see you like to catch bait when you are not drinking...[innocent']

I'm almost 60, spent pretty much all my life knocking around the bush, grew up on the Eyre Peninsula at a place called Buckleboo...which is supposed to mean "land of the death adder" on a wheat and sheep farm, did an electrical apprenticship and have been travelling around the bush ever since. I spent a year working underground in a gold and copper mine as a maintenance sparky, did a bit of truck driving, had a go at opal mining at Mintabie and Coober Pedy...unsuccessfully I might add but have spent the last twenty odd years running around the Territory wiring blackfella houses and more recently installing and maintaining water infrastructure on blackfella communities. I have just sold my business and am about to move to Port Lincoln in SA, I also hope to catch bait as a hobby....I am hoping I might get some mummy and daddy ones as well...[cool] I have been brewing for about 18 years with mixed success, my brewing is generally pretty reliable these days though and I am looking forward to getting to Pt Lincoln and getting started again!

You're spot on with the "Bait fish" quote. However, where I go (more regularly), I can safely 'hang one over the side' & dip my foot in it without looking, & know it will still be there when I finish & look back! [lol]

Try that out off the shores of Lincoln once too often & don't be surprised if "IT" ain't there when you look back one day! [lol]

The fishing gets better the further around to the west you go around the peninsula as you would well know. I have a couple of mates that go over to Cow fairly regularly, & I plan to head around with them next time they go. Looking forward to it. [biggrin]

Nice to know you are amongst us on the forum Rossm. [happy]

Anthony.

Haha' date=' i wasnt fooled for a minute[innocent']

[lol] So there you have it, know you know me a bit better.

Favourite Actress Nicole Kidman (are there any other actresses?).

Couldn't believe my luck when we walked into Madam Tausaud's on Victoria Peak and there she was. I looked at my wife and she said get over then. Got an Album full of pics before my wife said, "get your hands off her before we get kicked out"

I drive a Holden Commodore SSV and Support the West Coast Eagles, The Gold Coast Titans and the Hobart Hurricanes.

BTW Welcome Max, officially its 39 degrees here at the minute but my outdoor thermometer says 43 degrees in the shade. Hopefully it\u2019s too hot for the pinheads and their matches.

its just gone downhill from nicole......its lucky alcohol makes us bond lol......stop whinging bout the weather you people......what w3ere you expecting in summer ...lol

Hot enough for ya??? 43 here right now

Lynton here; brand new to the forum.

AKA: Max, Mad Max, Mack, Macka but my friends call me Shitfa

Been poking about checking out recipes, the label maker and such and stumbled into this pit of filth and thought it suited me just fine.

40 years old. Living in Adelaide but working all over the place.

Married for at least 15 years (not exactly sure, feels longer) and have 3 kids.

The old man told me that to get a job doing the work nobody else wants to do but has to have - plumbing, garbo, etc.

I manage databases and IT stuff in Mining and Exploration doing the work the drillers, drivers, fieldies and other crew don't want to do. It means I travel a lot so my brew stocks are always up and down.

The wife and tin lids bought me a second fermenter for Xmas so I can do 2 brews at a time when I'm home. I have an older style Coopers kit I picked up for $20 at a market - still in wrapping with it's original VHS tape. Now I've got the new kit as well with the Krasen collar.

So, a new lease on brewing life! Time to get serious!

After Xmas I was completely out. Now I have 60 longnecks bottled (Lager and Dark Ale) and a stout in the barrel. Given the heat I've got the fermenter sitting in the laundry trough full of water - 26C. Bloody heat wave...

welcome max have you got the frozen softdrink bottles in the tub and wet towell round the tub??? theres a good thread on here STC1000...you may be interested in reading that also mate, cheers Nedg

thats about as scientific ill get...BUT truly theres some awesome help on here....stick with it mate

G'day Anthony, yeah I am guessing you mean "Cowell", I used to fish there about twenty five or thirty years ago, it is the closest coast to Buckleboo, we did catch some pretty big fish there back then.

Yeah, I am quite well aware of the noahs around Lincoln, but I tend to stay in the boat if they promise to stay in the water. I don't mind fishing off the beach a bit too, less chance of catching anything too big, but pretty relaxing, and lets face it, after spending most of my life in the desert....any fishing is good fishing! I have done a bit of fishing in the top end over the last twenty years too, no sharks up there to worry about...crocs got 'em all!

I do have a look about on here from time to time, but for some reason the site started to forget me and now I have to log on every time, so I don't bother unless I have something to say!

Hi GregT5.

Big call there Anthony...wearing that hat

I'm guessing you're one of the "Chardonnay Sipping" brigade? [tongue]

It's gonna be enjoyable watching us wipe the floor with you guys this year. [biggrin]

yeah I am guessing you mean "Cowell"

Sorry for the spelling. Put that down to never having been there yet & my current BrendanS8 & Golden Ale Clone induced state. [lol]

I do have a look about on here from time to time' date=' but for some reason the site started to forget me and now I have to log on every time, so I don't bother unless I have something to say![/quote']

People with your brewing experience are rare, & the group here on the forum is constantly changing & evolving. Your views & knowledge would be a welcome addition into the current mix. I for one would enjoy more input from you, if secondary to shaming me with your fishing prowess! [biggrin]

I look forward to more of your posts. [happy]

Anthony.

Sorry' date=' to disappoint you Anthony, but I'm not one of the "Chardie Set" either. I work in a vineyard amongst 240ha of [b']red[/b] grapes (it's a Barossa thing)

Just not a fan of Port [cool]

Still holding the cards close to the chest there Greg? [innocent]

When the club you barrack for has won more premierships than any other Australian Football League team, it's a position that sits easy with me. [biggrin]

P.S. Apologies for the O.T comments Nick. [innocent]

Anthony.

hi guys i am new so i will tell you a few things about myself i don't have a picture, but i am 35 years old, i live in mackay in north qld, i am married with 4 kids, i experimented with home brew about 15years ago and the bottles blew up my wife banned me from touching it again, but at the end of november she won a coopers diy kit at a cent sale and i opened it and used it before she could get rid of it so the first batch a larger was fermented at 30 deg, i made a drought next at 30 deg again i found this forum and found out you should ferment a lot cooler so i made a drought last Sunday and have been keeping it in an ice bath at about 22/24 deg so hopefully this one is better but i am still drinking the other 2 they are not that bad and my name is shane i am a fitter at hasting deering the cat dealership in qld thanks

Cheers mate

yes barracking for collingwood made him......SUPIOUR....OK BETTER

I like long walks on the beach.. oh wait.. wrong website

Big old beardy weirdy, (Red Beard of course)

Currently residing in Ringwood Melbourne (Yes where Pride of Ringwood Hops came from) 1 little female sprog on the way (April)

For a crust im a Model-er.. I work for a massive Engineering firm doing 3D models.

And general all round good yeast daddy [lol]

capturegon.jpg

Archived