Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

17 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Guinness clone this was the second last glass then boom 💥 all over! Keg blew, tasty beer though and the keg lasted over 5months.

I need to get brewing as i only have one keg thats half full and another ready to blow. I have been moving house so been a bit disorganised.

IMG_7679.jpeg

That’s a magnificent pour there 👍👌 What PSI is it set at?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Guinness clone this was the second last glass then boom 💥 all over! Keg blew, tasty beer though and the keg lasted over 5months.

I need to get brewing as i only have one keg thats half full and another ready to blow. I have been moving house so been a bit disorganised.

IMG_7679.jpeg

That is perfection mate, great looking beer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey all  

well what do you do  when ya home on Sunday and the only thing on tv is bathurst

well  decided to have another  ozdevil apa 

carbed up good and is pouring a reasonable head since i trimmed  the beer line    which ended up being 40cm    so the beer line is on 2.60m  .

very happy in the way the beer has turned out   really and the colour is  nice   loving the haze  in this as it makes it look really juicy  

the final abv of this beer is 5.6% abv

ozsapafullycarbed.thumb.jpg.3b9751978cc7360f1d47b2fa9aa76f52.jpg

ozsfullycarbed2.thumb.jpg.e15c6010b035304b958fa378a41501d0.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey all  

well what do you do  when ya home on Sunday and the only thing on tv is bathurst

carbed up good and is pouring a reasonable head since i trimmed  the beer line    which ended up being 40cm    so the beer line is on 2.60m  .

very happy in the way the beer has turned out   really and the colour is  nice   loving the haze  in this as it makes it look really juicy  

Looks very drinkable mate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey all  

That's outstanding Oz.  Colour and haze are amazing.  I am struggling with making hazy beers.  All of mine are turning out oxidised.  The aroma and flavour is pretty good, but they are mostly muddy and dirty looking.  If I could make something like yours, I would be stoked.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That's outstanding Oz.  Colour and haze are amazing.  I am struggling with making hazy beers.  All of mine are turning out oxidised.  The aroma and flavour is pretty good, but they are mostly muddy and dirty looking.  If I could make something like yours, I would be stoked.

the brew was just brewed normally like you or i would do as an all grain brewer.
the only other thing i did is fermented this brew a certain way at certain temp ranges 

1.  1st 6 days  ferment at 18°c
2.  day 7 increase to 19°c for 24 hours
3.  day 8 increase to 20°c for 24 hours
4. day 9 increase to 21°c for 24 hours
5. day 10 increase to 22°c for 24 hours
6. day 11 increase temp 24°c for 24 hours
7. day 12  decrease to 23°c for 24 hours
8. day13  cold crash  to 2°c for 3 days 

total fermentation time 16 days before kegging/bottling 

Sounds like alot of work  and remembering , however  i can set a profile in my temp controller to automaticly go through the steps with out me manually remembering to do it.

Wether this made a difference  in keeping this  haze and colour i am not sure well  as for the colour it was about 8.5 ebc

thankyou   for your kind words mate it means alot to hear  that.

hazy beers are hard to make in my thoughts in trying to get them to stay hazy.  i am susspecting this beer  to settle more over the next  week or the next  depending  if i can stay away from the kegerator  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

the brew was just brewed normally like you or i would do as an all grain brewer.
the only other thing i did is fermented this brew a certain way at certain temp ranges 

1.  1st 6 days  ferment at 18°c
2.  day 7 increase to 19°c for 24 hours
3.  day 8 increase to 20°c for 24 hours
4. day 9 increase to 21°c for 24 hours
5. day 10 increase to 22°c for 24 hours
6. day 11 increase temp 24°c for 24 hours
7. day 12  decrease to 23°c for 24 hours
8. day13  cold crash  to 2°c for 3 days 

total fermentation time 16 days before kegging/bottling 

Sounds like alot of work  and remembering , however  i can set a profile in my temp controller to automaticly go through the steps with out me manually remembering to do it.

Wether this made a difference  in keeping this  haze and colour i am not sure well  as for the colour it was about 8.5 ebc

thankyou   for your kind words mate it means alot to hear  that.

hazy beers are hard to make in my thoughts in trying to get them to stay hazy.  i am susspecting this beer  to settle more over the next  week or the next  depending  if i can stay away from the kegerator  

Thanks Ozdevil,

I will have to give your fermentation profile a try.

Here is a pic and tasting notes of a Juicy Hazy IPA I brewed back in July.  And here is the recipe.  Plenty of Wheat and Quick Oats.  I am actually drinking a glass from the keg right now.  Still smells and tastes amazing.  It just looks below average.

I did a similar one in September.  A bottled version was murky like the Juicy Hazy IPA.  I am hoping that might be due to oxygen exposure in the bottling process.  I have a keg of it waiting for a spot in my kegerator once the next keg blows.  Hopefully it is more golden coloured.

• Like 5

A Tim Taylor Landlord AG (in a Sam Smith’s glass, as a nod to the fact that I lived in Tadcaster once upon a time). 
After that an Old Perc. I must make up another batch of that for winter, but not chill it so much. Maybe put it on the beer engine too.

These brews suit a Northern Europe winter temperature, the hops in the Landlord come out shining, a bit dulled at 3 degrees .

A Spitfire last night too, I must have a bash at that one sometime 

IMG_4848.jpeg

IMG_4849.jpeg

IMG_4846.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

It’s that season here unfortunately, I do envy your drift into summer. 
Still, a Goose Island  in front of the fire, that’ll do

IMG_4851.jpeg

Yeah Squinta, we are all hanging out for the Summer here, it has been a long cold winter & now we are starting to enjoy what's left of Spring. The fires we light will be the charcoal ones for cooking BBQ's.

Those beers look good, but I am not a fan of Spitfire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah Squinta, we are all hanging out for the Summer here, it has been a long cold winter & now we are starting to enjoy what's left of Spring. The fires we light will be the charcoal ones for cooking BBQ's.

Those beers look good, but I am not a fan of Spitfire.

Yeah, the winter was a brutal one. We had two days below 15C daytime temp. Hard to fathom, I know 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/12/2024 at 2:55 PM, stquinto said:

That’s a magnificent pour there 👍👌 What PSI is it set at?

Sorry mate been away i initially carbed with c02 about 1/2 of what i normally carb normal beers then about 25-30 psi nitro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest two creations. First an AG Copa which turned out nicely, just doesn't have much flavor. Might have been my too hot hop stand, extracting just bitterness and not too much flavor and aroma.

The second one is an ESB can American Amber Ale with some extra LDM. Nice toffee aroma and body and mouthfeel after only one week in the bottle. The flavor is ok, but I think I know now what the "can twang" is 

copa.JPEG

amber.JPEG

• Like 11

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Hi @DavidM, do you add hops to your pale ales? If so, what kind and when please! (asking for a friend).

Yes, I add hops, a small amount of Bittering with Pride of Ringwood at the end of my grain steep.

And a dry hop Late in the brew, with whatever I have that month.

My new favorite is Hallertau. I am not a fan of "Citrus" hop flavors.

Works for Me, we are all different and like different flavors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

just got home from work and thought  time for a couple of beers before  lights outs

So decided to have a couple of oz Apa   

rather impressed its keeping its haze very well and the hops are just starting to lose that hop burn and   tasting good 
unfortunately though the light in my computer room is'nt the greatest   making the beer look darker then it is    

ozspale2ndweekin.thumb.jpg.d2eef999a06b7742c0658ead9fe43765.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 7

The first pint from a second keg of Goose Island IPA, I did a double batch.

I carbed it at 35/40 PSI for 24 hours. This method really works for me. 
The hops are still quite dominant, I’m happy with this recipe (although I’m rarely unhappy with one if I’m honest)

IMG_4878.jpeg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, ozdevil said:

just got home from work and thought  time for a couple of beers before  lights outs

So decided to have a couple of oz Apa   

rather impressed its keeping its haze very well and the hops are just starting to lose that hop burn and   tasting good 
unfortunately though the light in my computer room is'nt the greatest   making the beer look darker then it is    

ozspale2ndweekin.thumb.jpg.d2eef999a06b7742c0658ead9fe43765.jpg

Looks sensational Ozzie - great stuff mate!

• Like 1