Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

WARNING:

Dirty glassware visible. Please look away if this photograph offends.   😉

A Swap n Go kegged extract beer - Clone of Balter XPA

All hop aroma and some of the flavour have disappeared at about week 8 in the keg. Still, a really nice beer just the same.

462539580_554470043702739_5864631447157552224_n.jpg

seen worse mate   far beer glasses go   , you may get the beer police to show up   though

looks ok buddy   

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Insert wolf whistle right here 😍

it looks terrible  waste of the wolf whistle.  they only reason it looks terrible is   becuase i am not drinking it

• Haha 3

Happy Friday  Arvo all ye festive Brewers and Slurpers ; )

Mowed the Lawns...

And a big Mow...

A big Mow deserves a big Schwietzer (S-189 Yeast)... freshly milled Coopers Malted Barley Grains...  pure filtered rainwater... Liquid Gold.

It might look a bit of the same colour as the Paleo...  never fear... it is not some fancy AI rehash of a prior photo.  Don't even think about it 👺

It is very nice to be able to do Double Mash Batches and then split the 44L into two Coopers Plazzis and run with two different Yeasts for the variety and ensuing LOLS : )

image.thumb.png.c3dd68aa6215eb11147f0aae1abc3a00.png

• Like 13

On 10/10/2024 at 10:15 AM, Beerdo said:

My new job is pretty good so another 4 years isn't going to grind me and it'll add a few more bucks to the retirement funds and we can pull the pin at the same time. How romantic.😆🥰

I know this is off topic for the thread, sorry guys. One more question.

But @Beerdo  I have to ask. How is Malter White coping with your and his Mrs plans at retiring together. The poor fella will be working his fingers to the bone while you steal the cream?? He must be beside himself.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, ben 10 said:

Pale with lager yeast and heaps of dry hops. It's good. I have nit dry hopped for a while and it's really aromatic

PXL_20241011_031834973.thumb.jpg.96631879f72aeb02da817797319aabde.jpg

Oh yes. Ive always wanted to brew a Pale Ale style beer, but ferment with a Lager yeast. Is it a Pale Ale Lager?

Looks bloody tasty fella.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Mowed the Lawns...

And a big Mow...

A big Mow deserves a big Schwietzer (S-189 Yeast)... freshly milled Coopers Malted Barley Grains...  pure filtered rainwater... Liquid Gold.

It might look a bit of the same colour as the Paleo...  never fear... it is not some fancy AI rehash of a prior photo.  Don't even think about it 👺

It is very nice to be able to do Double Mash Batches and then split the 44L into two Coopers Plazzis and run with two different Yeasts for the variety and ensuing LOLS : )

Happy Friday ol chop. Coopers need to widen their emojs to include some of the master pieces you brew, then capture in a photo.

Simply stunning. Cant say much more.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

WARNING:

Dirty glassware visible. Please look away if this photograph offends.   😉

A Swap n Go kegged extract beer - Clone of Balter XPA

All hop aroma and some of the flavour have disappeared at about week 8 in the keg. Still, a really nice beer just the same.

462539580_554470043702739_5864631447157552224_n.jpg

That looks smashable Trickster. I'm cooking a home pizza or two for the young lads. Pass me one of those beers through the internet if you could please.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I know this is off topic for the thread, sorry guys. One more question.

But @Beerdo  I have to ask. How is Malter White coping with your and his Mrs plans at retiring together. The poor fella will be working his fingers to the bone while you steal the cream?? He must be beside himself.

Well, as you might already know, Malter White runs an illegal clandestine brewery out of an old Ford Transit. He's gone deep into the underworld and hasn't been seen or heard from for weeks.  I suspect he's met foul play.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i also think i can shorten my beer lines as well as they are at 3 metres   i might do this  before the next brew day

What PSI are you serving at @ozdevil?, personally I’d use a small tickle up or down on the CO2 regulator before I shortened my beer lines from 3 meters - coz once they’re cut, they’re cut for good. 😧

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Mowed the Lawns...

And a big Mow...

Superb 👏👏

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

Well, as you might already know, Malter White runs an illegal clandestine brewery out of an old Ford Transit. He's gone deep into the underworld and hasn't been seen or heard from for weeks.  I suspect he's met foul play.

Oh no, no, no, no - say it’s not true.  

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

So murder then? the plot thickens.........I'll say no more. Was it Colonel Mustard in the Hall Room, or Mrs Plumb in the Kitchen?

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

What PSI are you serving at @ozdevil?, personally I’d use a small tickle up or down on the CO2 regulator before I shortened my beer lines from 3 meters - coz once they’re cut, they’re cut for good. 😧

mate, normally i would  do the same as you by trickling   the reg  up a few psi.   I am serving at  14 psi , i deliberately started longer  with my beer lines. i have always thought   my lines was pouring like crap  .   i only cut  20cm  off   the 3meters  on 1 tap only  the other 3 are still long.         as i am fully aware  of once they are cut there cut for good.     as this tap is the most frequent tap used  it will be the 1st line to be replaced any way  as  i like to redo my beer lines every so often  about every 2 years

i found by cutting that  20 cm off    the beer flowed better and  head was starting to form  ,  i will be sticking at 2.80meteres of 4mm    for awhile .   still along way off before they are in danger territory   of being 2 short   i know some people try  and go as low as 1metre lines    

i am just trying now after 4-5 years of kegging  being  are its pouring  to find the good balanced  pours    and just felt yeah 3m is a bit long for my liking .       

Also  4 days in to a set and forget   method as i don't ever do the fast carb routine   i was just trying couple of beers  anyway. 

Appreciate the Advice 

• Like 3

Concerning retirement, what age do you fellas chuck in the towel? It’s 65 in Switzerland, but techie blokes like me rarely get “kept on” till that age (probably the dead grey cells can’t keep up with the new stuff)… A lot of my (younger) colleagues say on Monday morning that they spent the weekend “reprogramming the hoover in Linux” , to which I reply “why?”

Call me cynical perhaps 🤔 

Anyhow, I’m drinking this for the weekend, and I’ll leave the hoover to its own devices  😉

IMG_4809.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

22 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Concerning retirement, what age do you fellas chuck in the towel? It’s 65 in Switzerland, but techie blokes like me rarely get “kept on” till that age (probably the dead grey cells can’t keep up with the new stuff)… A lot of my (younger) colleagues say on Monday morning that they spent the weekend “reprogramming the hoover in Linux” , to which I reply “why?”

Anyhow, I’m drinking this for the weekend, and I’ll leave the hoover to its own devices  😉

IMG_4809.jpeg

67 is the retirement age for Australia for people born from January 1st 1957.

Nice looking Stout mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

IMG_4809.jpeg

It all depends on you and your superannuation. You cant get old age pension until 67 in Australia, but if you want to start getting at your super you can do so at 60. If you think its adequate for an income. Thats what i'll be doing unless rules change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

It all depends on you and your superannuation. You cant get old age pension until 67 in Australia, but if you want to start getting at your super you can do so at 60. If you think its adequate for an income. Thats what i'll be doing unless rules change.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. 🤨

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ozdevil said:

mate, normally i would  do the same as you by trickling   the reg  up a few psi.   I am serving at  14 psi , i deliberately started longer  with my beer lines. i have always thought   my lines was pouring like crap  .   i only cut  20cm  off   the 3meters  on 1 tap only  the other 3 are still long.         as i am fully aware  of once they are cut there cut for good.     as this tap is the most frequent tap used  it will be the 1st line to be replaced any way  as  i like to redo my beer lines every so often  about every 2 years

i found by cutting that  20 cm off    the beer flowed better and  head was starting to form  ,  i will be sticking at 2.80meteres of 4mm    for awhile .   still along way off before they are in danger territory   of being 2 short   i know some people try  and go as low as 1metre lines    

i am just trying now after 4-5 years of kegging  being  are its pouring  to find the good balanced  pours    and just felt yeah 3m is a bit long for my liking .       

Also  4 days in to a set and forget   method as i don't ever do the fast carb routine   i was just trying couple of beers  anyway. 

Appreciate the Advice 

Mate you are clearly all over it and have a well measured (pun intended 😉) and thoughtful plan in place ✅
One could rightly say; ”@ozdevil is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of beer lines” 😂🤣😂

My the pour be with you Oz 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guinness clone this was the second last glass then boom 💥 all over! Keg blew, tasty beer though and the keg lasted over 5months.

I need to get brewing as i only have one keg thats half full and another ready to blow. I have been moving house so been a bit disorganised.

IMG_7679.jpeg

• Like 9