Coopers Community

Internet Providers.

Pale Man

18 hours ago, Malter White said:

Did you miss the memo, mate?
I'm with Internode/iinet. They sent me an email a few weeks/months ago advising of email hosting changes (I think that's what it was called). You had to opt in to continue using your current email address etc but another company was hosting the email stuff....I think that's how it goes. Anyway, I've still got my existing email still happening as before.
However, I'm not enamoured with iinet/Internode. My allegedly 50mbps plan rarely gets anywhere near 50, even during quiet times and I notice they're offering new "faster" plans. In other words, we're going to frustrate you into a new plan. Well, f**k them. When the time is right I'll be moving providers and I'll be converting all my email over to gmail.

I got the memo. I opted to transfer my email addresses to the Messaging Company. Since then out of 100 login attempts, about 3 are successful. And then if I try and send an email to a usual contact it bounces. I cant delete any mail, so my inbox has about 3 thousand useless emails.

In other words, my once useful email is now as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I got the memo. I opted to transfer my email addresses to the Messaging Company. Since then out of 100 login attempts, about 3 are successful. And then if I try and send an email to a usual contact it bounces. I cant delete any mail, so my inbox has about 3 thousand useless emails.

In other words, my once useful email is now as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. I've also had problems previously with their log in system too. Fortunately it wasn't an email problem for me but trying to use their toolbox etc. Very annoying.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 1:21 PM, Pale Man said:

My neighbours were getting stuffed around with Internode & when it all started shutting down & becoming useless the asked me to take them to Harvey Normans as I know the IT manager there & they are OPTUS dealers, they walked out with a complete package including 2 x new Laptops, mobile plans & Wi-Fi etc.

They are very happy, also got $900.00 worth of store credit as a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, category 5 said:

Leaptel is good.
Launtel I have heard are good too.

OPTUS sell your information on the darkweb, @Classic Brewing Co doesn't mind if you get his onlyfans pics for free

I hope Leaptel is good, I'm switching from fibre to node to fibre to premises, 100Mbps/20Mbps $65 a month for 12 months.  No upgrade cost if you stick with it for 12months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am just waiting for the delivery of my new Ultra WiFi Modem Gen 2

It is 150% faster than the Generation 1 model that I currently have.

It will be great for 4k streaming & downloading large files etc.

Our most advanced modem yet, with lots of benefits you'll love.

• WiFi 6 technology
  • Faster WiFi speeds
  • Stronger WiFi coverage
  • 4G Backup
  • Access to available Living Network

original.webp.094837b10ed33dade9f5acd614956a0b.webp

On 12/13/2023 at 3:42 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate I have never had a problem, been with them for years.

I used to be an Optus customer for many many years until they screwed me over. They offered me an upgrade from my back then 30Mbit plan to 100mbit. The price was ok, so I went for it. What I didn't know is that Where I lived, I couldn't get the faster speeds due to the infrastructure in the area. Optus knew this and later on, admitted to it but took my money anyway and then came up with all sorts of excuses when I told them that selling me a service they knew they could not provide, is called fraud. I'm now with TPG and I'm fairly happy. The service is stable, the email shutdown didn't phase me as I never use the ISP email address and even the 200mbit plan isn't exorbitantly expensive, compared with the competition. We're still a 3rd world country in terms of Internet speed (Vodafail was offering a 1GB plan in Ireland back in 2019 and it was cheaper than what I paid here for 100mbit) but things are apparently set to change. NBNCO is actively working on network upgrades and, if the ISPs come on board, is planning to offer upgrades from 100/25mbit to 500/50mbit and from 250/25 to 750/50 at no extra cost for FTTP or HFC customers. I'd take it but I suspect the ISPs will kick up a stink. Because people like me wouldn't pay the extra for 200mbit if they can get 500 for the same price as their 100mbit link costs. We'll see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am just waiting for the delivery of my new Ultra WiFi Modem Gen 2

It is 150% faster than the Generation 1 model that I currently have.

It will be great for 4k streaming & downloading large files etc.

Our most advanced modem yet, with lots of benefits you'll love.

• WiFi 6 technology
  • Faster WiFi speeds
  • Stronger WiFi coverage
  • 4G Backup
  • Access to available Living Network

original.webp.094837b10ed33dade9f5acd614956a0b.webp

I have two mesh routers sitting here, waiting to be put in place. There are more than 30 devices on my WiFi and the el cheapo router that came with the Internet connection isn't coping too well. Range is a little sad and sometimes my Inkbirds drop off the WiFi. In my study alone, there are 13 WiFi devices 🙂 I want to set up one of the mesh routers right where the other one is and the second in my study. It will serve me well and the brewery is right behind the wall, so the 10 devices there can all happily connect. The original router can then run the guest networks and the mesh will be dealing with the rest. Supposedly, it can handle 150 devices, so it should last for a year or two 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

I used to be an Optus customer for many many years until they screwed me over. They offered me an upgrade from my back then 30Mbit plan to 100mbit. The price was ok, so I went for it. What I didn't know is that Where I lived, I couldn't get the faster speeds due to the infrastructure in the area. Optus knew this and later on, admitted to it but took my money anyway and then came up with all sorts of excuses when I told them that selling me a service they knew they could not provide, is called fraud. I'm now with TPG and I'm fairly happy. The service is stable, the email shutdown didn't phase me as I never use the ISP email address and even the 200mbit plan isn't exorbitantly expensive, compared with the competition. We're still a 3rd world country in terms of Internet speed (Vodafail was offering a 1GB plan in Ireland back in 2019 and it was cheaper than what I paid here for 100mbit) but things are apparently set to change. NBNCO is actively working on network upgrades and, if the ISPs come on board, is planning to offer upgrades from 100/25mbit to 500/50mbit and from 250/25 to 750/50 at no extra cost for FTTP or HFC customers. I'd take it but I suspect the ISPs will kick up a stink. Because people like me wouldn't pay the extra for 200mbit if they can get 500 for the same price as their 100mbit link costs. We'll see.

I have been with them 20+ years & I have no problems, I have had a package for a long time & with the NBN & the Optus unlimited plan I have including the latest Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra phone, I am more than happy. The new modem is faster & just an upgrade to no cost to me, it works out $10.00 a month more.

I am pretty much on the internet all day doing various things & being unlimited is great as I just get one bill which includes a Netflix subscription, so I am a happy camper.

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I have two mesh routers sitting here, waiting to be put in place. There are more than 30 devices on my WiFi and the el cheapo router that came with the Internet connection isn't coping too well. Range is a little sad and sometimes my Inkbirds drop off the WiFi. In my study alone, there are 13 WiFi devices 🙂 I want to set up one of the mesh routers right where the other one is and the second in my study. It will serve me well and the brewery is right behind the wall, so the 10 devices there can all happily connect. The original router can then run the guest networks and the mesh will be dealing with the rest. Supposedly, it can handle 150 devices, so it should last for a year or two 🙂 

With this new modem I can have up to 128 devices, way more than I will ever need.

Optus_Ultra_WiFi_(Gen_2)_Modem_Quick_Start_Guide_Optus.pdf

51 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just received my Optus Generation 2 Ultra fast Modem, just have to hook it up to the NDN box & my speed will double. 

This supersedes the previous order & was only ordered yesterday,  how's that for service. It comes with a booster which I will not need.

@classic, please hook it up to your NDN ? ASAP because now that I have your password (from your pic) I will be able to hack into it and wreak havoc.   You are not very security conscience are you, particularly on a public forum.  Suggest you take that pic down ASAP.

Also do a speed test (or a few to average them out) before disconnecting the old router, taking screen snips of each speed report and then do the same after you connect the new one and report back to us.  I think you may be in for a bit of a surprise.

Edited by iBooz2

29 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@classic, please hook it up to your NDN ? ASAP because now that I have your password (from your pic) I will be able to hack into it and wreak havoc.   You are not very security conscience are you, particularly on a public forum.  Suggest you take that pic down ASAP.

Also do a speed test (or a few to average them out) before disconnecting the old router, taking screen snips of each speed report and then do the same after you connect the new one and report back to us.  I think you may be in for a bit of a surprise.

Mate the password will be changed when I hook it up. I do speed tests often so when I connect this one tomorrow, I will see the difference between the two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

If it's the same as all the other provider routers it will be good for a door stop

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate the password will be changed when I hook it up. I do speed tests often so when I connect this one tomorrow, I will see the difference between the two.

All good Phil, just saying that's all.  You can still delete that post to get rid of your pic, probably too late to edit so delete will be the way to go.

19 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

If it's the same as all the other provider routers it will be good for a door stop

Yes, hopefully it's not another Floptus Flog !  It will depend a lot more on how the NBN is actually connected to his unit.

Edited by iBooz2

19 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

All good Phil, just saying that's all.  You can still delete that post to get rid of your pic, probably too late to edit so delete will be the way to go.

The NBN box is connected to the wall with the appropriate cables installed by them.

As you can see the current modem is hooked up to it.

I have a 65' 4K TV coneected as well as  another smaller one in the kitchen/dining  &  next door a Computer in the office.

I enjoy fast reliable service & have for years, my speed (plan) was upgraded today to twice the MBPS, so the new one will be faster. I have never had a problem with the NBN so I am not worried about anything,  the new one has a booster & a 4G back up sim card in case of outages. 

I will hook it up tomorrow. 

20240313_172822.thumb.jpg.a4a4c12639a4396728b1478707d33bb9.jpg

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The NBN box is connected to the wall with the appropriate cables installed by them.

As you can see the current modem is hooked up to it.

I have a 65' 4K TV coneected as well as  another smaller one in the kitchen/dining  &  next door a Computer in the office.

I enjoy fast reliable service & have for years, my speed (plan) was upgraded today to twice the MBPS, so the new one will be faster. I have never had a problem with the NBN so I am not worried about anything,  the new one has a booster & a 4G back up sim card in case of outages. 

I will hook it up tomorrow. 

Yes I understand all that inside your unit Phil but what I am trying to point out is how your unit is connected to the NBN, is it fibre right to your NBN box, I suspect not.

The other thing I am trying to point out is that there is only a finite bandwidth that they can push up and down that cable and every user in your area, probably your suburb all share that band width through the cable.  A bit like giving you a fire hose to connect to your garden tap.  There is only so much water that can come down and out the water pipe.  It might be OK for the first person in line with his fire hose but if they issue hundreds of people in your suburb with fire hoses it will affect everybody.  Just by Floptus saying they have doubled your speed plan is not relevant as it comes down the network bandwidth, they have available to your location.   The same thing that happens if everybody in your suburb was to turn on all their water taps full bore at the same time.  Mostly everyone would only get a dribble.

You cannot just throw a new router onto existing cable unless there is excess bandwidth there for you to soak up.  A bit different if it was fibre from Floptus to your unit direct but there is still a limit.  Having all the fast gear will not make the bandwidth any greater.  Do you understand what I am saying.

Anyway, I hope it is faster for you, but I suspect it will not be speed they flogged you and that you may be disappointed.  Good luck for tomorrow.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Thanks 1

@Classic Brewing Co

I happen to agree with @iBooz2    ,  there is many factors that can slow the speed    of your internet .   having your pc and tvs   can also slow your speed down  as the 3 devices are sharing your internet speed    and even your mobile phone will reduce your internet speed if you have it connected to your home wifi

be interested how much change you have from the old to new modem

9 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

@Classic Brewing Co

I happen to agree with @iBooz2    ,  there is many factors that can slow the speed    of your internet .   having your pc and tvs   can also slow your speed down  as the 3 devices are sharing your internet speed    and even your mobile phone will reduce your internet speed if you have it connected to your home wifi

be interested how much change you have from the old to new modem

The current model is Generation 1, the new one is Generation 2, it is faster as I have seen one in action in my area.

It is HFC connected  & as I said, I am not worried about anything,  besides I didn't have to pay for it as I stepped up to the top plan & with discounts I am paying $4.00 a month extra.

20 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The current model is Generation 1, the new one is Generation 2, it is faster as I have seen one in action in my area.

It is HFC connected  & as I said, I am not worried about anything,  besides I didn't have to pay for it as I stepped up to the top plan & with discounts I am paying $4.00 a month extra.

HFC is hybrid fibre over coax, in other words they are using the old cable TV coax dangling from pole to pole out in the street (or it may be underground going pit to pit) to distribute the NBN in your area.  They have done this in my area too, in order to cut costs and it is the worst possible way for you to be connected to the NBN.  Like I said using the cable TV coax is just like your water mains, only so much they can push through it.  I have exactly the same HFC connection here and at worst times it's not much better than dial up, luckily when it slows too much it switches over automatically to the 4G Simm card connection.  Just now did a speed test (because many people will have their hoses turned on full bore at this time of night), I got 55 mbs dwn 18 mbs up.

I have an old 4G Telstra hotspot which I use in my off-road caravan and its (most times) way faster than the NBN to the house.  I am just investigating giving all the NBN stuff the flick and going a Starlink mobile setup.

Edited by iBooz2