Coopers Community

Beer Glasses! What do you all use?

josht4

Nice shaped glasses indeed. cool

I made my own etched glasses a few times' date=' simply got one of those pencils with the rubber on one end, taped a piece of sandpaper over it and scratched the bottom of the glass with it. Worked a treat! [/quote']

Hey, that is a neat tip! I might try that sometime. Thanks! smile

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A heads up for those of us fortunate enough to have an Aldi handy.

Tomorrow their Oktoberfest special buys start which include a few different styles of beer glasses here's a link for the images.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-23-sep/

I can also highly recommend the Sauerkraut and smoked Schinkengriller sausage that only comes around this time of year too, I'm gunna stock up on that this time.

Ein Prosit!

Plastic 500ml beer glasses for me all the way!!!

lol what?

The glasses I bought from Aldi last year were glass. Or is plastic what you prefer to drink from?

I think the last Melbourne Oktoberfest to have glass Steins was 1995 my 1996 Stein is plastic pinched I haven't been back since.

Opp shops have great glass but I just break em' date='

Also Plastic is better around my horses and life styl,

The bloody horses love knocking over full glasses of bloody beer[/quote']

I have some plastic "glasses". My other half bought them dirt cheap in what was Grace Bros

on sale. She was most pleased and couldn't work out why they were so cheap. They were pint glasses, so I presume nobody wanted them. They are very nice and not your average cheap thin plastic type. It also means I can use them while in the pool or pool area where glass is forbidden.

I wouldn't use them all the time, but having said that I have no problem drinking beer from them.

Plastic's ok, I have some half litre steins and some picnic wine glasses that get used from time to time. I 100% agree Otto that glass is better to drink out of though, but there are times when the break-resistance comes in handy.

I have added a 1 litre glass Paulaner stein to my collection tonight thanks to my wife's surprise present. It sure came in handy on a bottling evening!

Yeah, I get the non breakable plastic thing, but in saying that I have cheaparse schooner glasses for sessions so if they get broken it's no biggie to replace them. I only use the special ones occasionally. I sometimes pick up those 6 pack glasses from Dan's if I see them, so I've got rather a large collection sitting in boxes awaiting the next breakage.

Dan's doing their Paulaner litre cans + stein deal again?

Not that I need another one... lol

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this, but am enjoying my home breww..one problem though... What to clean my beer glasses with? I've been using scalding water, scrubbed around the rim with salt...but the beer still goes flat very quickly..How do you experienced brewers clean your beer glasses?

Spiegelau glasses all the way.

If anyone ever feels like treating themselves grab some.

I bought some lager glasses and since then have added the Stout glasses and Tulips to the collection.

Very nice to drink out of.

The beer holds its head exceptionally.

I have a couple of different ones at my place.

Went out and bought the 2-pack of 500mL german weizen glasses yesterday from Aldi for $6. Great score.

I also sell craft beer glasses if any one is interested. They're a great glass and I personally use them for just about every beer. Find them here .

They are $10 each + postage. Looking to get some new ones up in the near future if people are interested. Possibly the beer-can style glassware that are becoming popular.

• 2 years later...
On 8/13/2011 at 2:54 AM, Hoptimus Maximus said:

If you are looking for simply the best beer glasses then Crown's Headmaster lives up to its name. It has the etched base that maintains a steady stream of fine bubbles that aids in holding a head all the way to the last drop.....

I've been using these brilliant schooners now for 2 months and could not recommend these "Headmaster" nucleated glasses more highly. They put head retention onto a reasonably green beer which is great for we hobby brewers. 

Cheers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162917656897

• Like 1