Coopers Community

Beer Glasses! What do you all use?

josht4

Mostly I use my “schooner” glasses, tall thin slightly fat at the top, around 375ml. Otherwise if it’s a great IPA, Saison with some hop aroma or a hoppy pale I’ll use a red wine glass to help capture the aroma in the top of the glass.

The more wanky the better ha ha ha

Captain

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

And you serve chicken soup in them??? 

Only joking. I like the look of those actually, and the beer looks delicious. 

The contents of that glass is one of the best beers I've had.....it is the Boozy fruit from big shed

11 hours ago, Fergy1987 said:

Another fave glass just coz it's big enough to take almost a 750ml PET. This is my Spiegelau Lager glass with my Fruit Salad Ale

IMG_20180801_180629_242.jpg

Have exactly the same glass, came  in a set of 4 Speigelau. One of my faves too, highly recommended 

• 2 weeks later...

The in-laws strike again... Within 5 mins of arriving home from yesterday's Taste of Two Regions event in Canberra, my Spiegelau tasting glass was in pieces in the sink. I've lost count of how many Spiegelau glasses have succumbed to them over the last few years! Oh well, I had no room in the cupboard for it anyway. Tasted a phenomenal raspberry mead there which had given me some ideas... 

Cheers, 

John 

I have somehow managed to look after my Spiegelau IPA glasses however my wife has smashed both of my Spiegelau tulip glasses. They were my favourites.

I can't complain because I managed to smash a 16oz Brooklyn Brewery glass that was a heavy duty monster of a glass. It looked like one of these:

Glass.jpg.349f94ae61cddd03d0aed15050c20516.jpg

Better than my first lot of IPA glasses. Stupid clowns at Auspost smashed them all during delivery, I could hear them inside the box without even opening it so it went straight back to the vendor who gave me another set free, but this time had the in laws drop them around to my house as they were heading up here anyway. That lot arrived safely but as mentioned above I only have three left. I did give one away to a mate for his birthday, and another one got smashed that night. Being really thin glass doesn't really help.

• 10 months later...

I've bought a couple of craft beer glasses sets... containing 5 different beer glasses.  One set however was made of noticeably thinner glass than the other.  Not surprisingly the thicker glasses have outlasted the thinner ones! 

Image result for craft beer glasses set

And, for that same reason I would never buy Spiegelau - apart from being very expensive they too are made from really thin glass and I know they wouldn't last very long in my household!  I'd be heartbroken every time one of them broke! 

I used to have 6 large Hoegaarden glasses that were supplied free with their beer at one time.  Don't particularly like them, feels like I'm drinking out of a small bucket so I only kept one when I last moved house and disposed of the rest. 

Image result for hoegaarden glass

I also have a selection of 'handles' acquired over the years.   

Image result for beer handle

And.... one glass style I don't own, which are curiously a little hard to find are ordinary schooners!

Before craft beer was a thing I used to by a set of 4 beer glasses for about half the price of what a single craft beer glass costs now! 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, Worthog said:

I really like the "Washington Headmasters", and I'm gunna get me some.

they are excellent glasses, I bought mine from ebay, $26 for 6, 285mls

• Thanks 1

You can buy 6 X headmaster schooner glasses off eBay for about $30 (give or take) but the postage is a bit pricey. Cooper's should offer to sell their pint glasses at their ale houses for a few extra bucks and that'd solve everything 👍

• Like 2