Coopers Community

Delivery.

jackgym

@jackgym I think Coopers dispatch fairly effectively but once the product gets in the hands of AusPost that's when things can sometimes become a bit hit and miss. Most of my orders have arrived promptly but I did have one that spent 3 weeks going up and down the east coast before it arrived in Adelaide. A few others on here have similar stories they've shared.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Malter White said:

@jackgym I think Coopers dispatch fairly effectively but once the product gets in the hands of AusPost that's when things can sometimes become a bit hit and miss. Most of my orders have arrived promptly but I did have one that spent 3 weeks going up and down the east coast before it arrived in Adelaide. A few others on here have similar stories they've shared.

Oh yeah! The last Keg I received from KL as a replacement for the dented one was sent the same day as they sent me an email confirming that but as @Malter White says as soon as AUS Post got it took a week & a half to arrive as it went to 3 different states & was eventually delivered to a neighbour 2 doors away.

• Haha 1

Actually my dad used to work for Australia Post, although he’s been retired 20 yrs.

I was telling him all the dramas you boys have had on the forum with deliveries going from one side of Oz to the other, then getting to the wrong address. 
He shakes his head, said it all went downhill when he retired, ba ha ha ha.

‘Not really a laughing matter though, it is very frustrating when goods go missing. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Actually my dad used to work for Australia Post, although he’s been retired 20 yrs.

I was telling him all the dramas you boys have had on the forum with deliveries going from one side of Oz to the other, then getting to the wrong address. 

‘Not really a laughing matter though, it is very frustrating when goods go missing. 

The problem is when they go missing or to the incorrect address Australia post  won't take responsibility for  anything

It's even got to the point delivery drivers would much rather leave a calling card then the old fashioned  knock on door or ring the door bell. 

I was home all day seen the delivery driver just pull up and thought must be for across the road  and went about my business  anyway heard the postie arrive about 3pm in the arvo  a calling card saying unable to deliver a vicious dog in back yard that may eat me.  Funny thing is delivery guy must have a good imagination as I don't have a pet dog or any animal that is viscios

Well did I see Red on this went called aust post  told them I was home all day  and seen the guy pull up but thinking he was delivering across the road.

Mentioned it wasn't till I found the card with the said reason above

They told me  well he has taken it to the nearest post office.

Well I said your driver is lazy 

1 I don't have a vicious dog that would eat anyone

2 I don't have a dog

3. Infact i don't have any pets 

I suggest you get on ya blower to said driver and redeliver it.

They said no but I kept on them saying it was pure  laziness of your driver  and should  have done his job in 1st place and not lied  to avoid delivery parcel.

Eventually then seen my point of view said 1st thing tomorrow  I said no he will do it today.

Well I won the argument 

They had to call the post office to stay open

The delivery driver was on his way home and was told to return  

He finally arrived had ago at me for his employer making him come back with out pay.   

I simply  smiled and said mate you lied and took the easy option I guess you will do the right thing next time 

Then aust post asked me to fill out a review on how good there delivery service was  gave them a 1 star review. 

I don't care if you make the mistakes in life fix them and don't b.s either

Arrgh well  life went on

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah, I remember the days when the Postie pulled up you could say 'howyagoingmate' & even have a chat, now you are lucky if you get the right mail, or yours have been delivered somewhere else.

Apart from the obvious reasons they seem to think near enough is good enough, let alone care. 

It much the same with some couriers, KL for example& a few others come to the door & even ring the doorbell apart from those with authority to leave who just take a photo & run.

I hadn't been here long & this guy (not from Australia) left a large box on my doorstep & it was for someone that had lived here years ago & it was unmarked, so I rang AUS Post & they didn't want to know, I opened it to get an senders address & contacted them & they said they couldn't do anything. It was full of dog health products & medicinal stuff; I don't have a dog, so I gave it to a guy down the end of the street who had a dog & later he returned it & said he didn't want it, so it went in the rubbish.

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

The problem is when they go missing or to the incorrect address Australia post  won't take responsibility for  anything

It's even got to the point delivery drivers would much rather leave a calling card then the old fashioned  knock on door or ring the door bell. 

I was home all day seen the delivery driver just pull up and thought must be for across the road  and went about my business  anyway heard the postie arrive about 3pm in the arvo  a calling card saying unable to deliver a vicious dog in back yard that may eat me.  Funny thing is delivery guy must have a good imagination as I don't have a pet dog or any animal that is viscios

Well did I see Red on this went called aust post  told them I was home all day  and seen the guy pull up but thinking he was delivering across the road.

Mentioned it wasn't till I found the card with the said reason above

They told me  well he has taken it to the nearest post office.

Well I said your driver is lazy 

1 I don't have a vicious dog that would eat anyone

2 I don't have a dog

3. Infact i don't have any pets 

I suggest you get on ya blower to said driver and redeliver it.

They said no but I kept on them saying it was pure  laziness of your driver  and should  have done his job in 1st place and not lied  to avoid delivery parcel.

Eventually then seen my point of view said 1st thing tomorrow  I said no he will do it today.

Well I won the argument 

They had to call the post office to stay open

The delivery driver was on his way home and was told to return  

He finally arrived had ago at me for his employer making him come back with out pay.   

I simply  smiled and said mate you lied and took the easy option I guess you will do the right thing next time 

Then aust post asked me to fill out a review on how good there delivery service was  gave them a 1 star review. 

I don't care if you make the mistakes in life fix them and don't b.s either

Arrgh well  life went on

@ozdevilMight have been an interesting street topic seeing you and the postie punching on out the front lawn Oz 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

@ozdevilMight have been an interesting street topic seeing you and the postie punching on out the front lawn Oz 🤣🤣

little bit old for punching on mate ,  the postie on the bike is pretty good she drops the letters off at my door .

its those dreaded parcel delivery guys for Aust post i  have issues with lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

little bit old for punching on mate ,  the postie on the bike is pretty good she drops the letters off at my door .

its those dreaded parcel delivery guys for Aust post i  have issues with lol

The parcel delivery people seem to be all sub-contractors that have to tender to get a contract. That means that they all have to compete to bid with the lowest price, lowest price gets the contract and we get the worst service from the cheapest contractor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kmar92 said:

The parcel delivery people seem to be all sub-contractors that have to tender to get a contract. That means that they all have to compete to bid with the lowest price, lowest price gets the contract and we get the worst service from the cheapest contractor.

i agree with you.   however that is no excuse that the customer has to suffer poor service becuase Aust post decide to  go with the cheapest tendor .

On 4/18/2023 at 6:29 AM, jackgym said:

Coopers would have to be the most prompt where product delivery is concerned.

I ordered 3 x PET bottles on Thursday and got them on the following Monday.

Well done Coopers.

You in Melbourne mate, I've got boxes of them if you want.

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i agree with you.   however that is no excuse that the customer has to suffer poor service becuase Aust post decide to  go with the cheapest tendor .

Yes, totally agree.

Competitive tendering can be a race to the bottom if the process is not managed correctly and AusPost seems to be a case in point. I too have had examples of this happening to me, where I have observed the AusPost parcel contractor pull up outside and put a card in my letterbox without attempting delivery. I have complained to the local Post Office and they seem totally uninterested, I have also complained to AustPost through their website and they have acknowledged my complaint and say they will investigate but the same thing has happened with parcel deliveries subsequently. I know for a fact that the contractors are paid a very low rate/delivery and so they are looking for shortcuts to cut their costs.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Yes, totally agree.

Competitive tendering can be a race to the bottom if the process is not managed correctly and AusPost seems to be a case in point. I too have had examples of this happening to me, where I have observed the AusPost parcel contractor pull up outside and put a card in my letterbox without attempting delivery. I have complained to the local Post Office and they seem totally uninterested, I have also complained to AustPost through their website and they have acknowledged my complaint and say they will investigate but the same thing has happened with parcel deliveries subsequently. I know for a fact that the contractors are paid a very low rate/delivery and so they are looking for shortcuts to cut their costs.

They get away with this crap  as neither sender or receiver will challenge them

As a regular "Online Shopper" , yes I have heard the stories from others.

But for me living in an outer seaside area, I've had no problem. If it needs to be signed, most of the time the contractor will scribble himself and leave on the property. Small stuff delivered by postie is also mostly left, with the odd one going back to post office, in general very happy.

Today, I was in Adelaide picking up Wife, she went to the Liv Golf, we missed a delivery from Star Track and the item has been returned to depot, that's 130k from where I'm at!

Not happy with this one, will be more unhappy if I find out the driver is a friend I play golf with. He may not have been working today, I will check with him tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

They get away with this crap  as neither sender or receiver will challenge them

I was having a brew day in my garage today saw an Uber driver pull up he looked lost delivered the food to one of my neighbours who accepted the food. Then a couple of minutes later my other neighbour came out looking confused I said are you looking for your food she said yes. I advised her it was delivered to the other neighbour who must of thought they had a free feed🤣 The lady retrieved her food and was not happy she said it’s got my name on it🤣 I didn’t get any complimentary chips though😬

• Haha 1

Just now, RDT2 said:

I was having a brew day in my garage today saw an Uber driver pull up he looked lost delivered the food to one of my neighbours who accepted the food. Then a couple of minutes later my other neighbour came out looking confused I said are you looking for your food she said yes. I advised her it was delivered to the other neighbour who must of thought they had a free feed🤣 The lady retrieved her food and was not happy she said it’s got my name on it🤣 I didn’t get any complimentary chips though😬

Still no emojis????

We very often get food deliveries that are not ours.  Our carport / front door area has LED lighting so it has ambient lighting all night and a couple of big LED fluro's that turn on when someone approaches that area and then lights it up like daylight.  Sometimes late at night the big LED fluro's turn on and we notice this but no knock at the door or ringing of the doorbell so looking out the windows we see nothing so ignore it and put it down to possums or cats transiting our carport.

Next morning however we find a mess at the front door step.  The brush tail possums have worked out how to have a big party with whatever food is left there after we have gone to bed.  The burgers / fries and thick shakes left there are ripped to pieces and we have to clean / mop it all up.

The area is also monitored by security cameras and recorded to a hard drive.  When we check the footage, the delivery driver just dashes in and dumps the paper bags and disappears just as fast as he come onto the scene.  Does not go near the door bell or door.  The poor people expecting their late night dinner are no doubt notified by their app that the food has now been delivered, albeit many house away from them.   Not two weekends after I rang one of the food suppliers involved it happened again so you just cannot win and now I've gotten into a habit of checking the front step before I hit the hay, just so I can prevent the mess.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Not two weekends after I rang one of the food suppliers involved it happened again so you just cannot win and now I've gotten into a habit of checking the front step before I hit the hay, just so I can prevent the me

so what happens afterwards that you hit the hay and doing ya zzzz's after  ya checking front step

do you think because you go to bed the  silly things in life wont happen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

so what happens afterwards that you hit the hay and doing ya zzzz's after  ya checking front step

do you think because you go to bed the  silly things in life wont happen

OD, we retire very late usually and when we do go to bed that's when silly things DO happen.  ha ha lucky me.

• Haha 1