Coopers Community

aussie rules 2023

Stickers

I suppose it depends on the reason for it. The pantomime booing has been around forever, or like what Tom Stewart copped on Friday night, understandable. But just doing it for the sake of it isn't something I've noticed happening at all until this season and apart from being childishly stupid, it's bloody annoying. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

To be honest I'm sick of the booing. I understand it when someone's done something grubby and the usual lining up for goal, or the moved clubs theatrics, but all these muppets booing players for no real reason every time they go near the ball and then coming up with the lame excuse of trying to put the player off is absolute BS. In all my time watching footy I've never heard random booing like that other than the reasons above, until this year. The idiots from other clubs who had nothing to do with the Horne Francis situation are even worse. Just shut up with it already 🙄

I have to agree with you on this that it should be kept to a player taking a shot at goal etc. 

@Stickers also I didn't touch on that properly last night either because I went on a rant about buddy lol.

It is annoying for me also that it's becoming more constant. It was always for a shot at goal or letting the umpire know not happy with decision.

The umpires do a great job regardless of what we see. It's human nature to feel hard done by when something goes against what we expect.

My point I tried to make that probably came across wrong was that it's becoming so frequent now. If you started telling people they could not do it they would not turn up and spend the money.  The problem is how to outline when it is and is not ok. 

The afl board and all the past great players and commentators that have input and influence would be no different than state or federal government.

All different opinions and would probably just end up getting drunk and in a fight themselves and get no where lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickers said:

IMG_0761.thumb.jpg.2875fd34396c2fe82b1844104c3b8f0a.jpg

we could never ever tear them apart last night, a wet night at the adelaide oval but worth the trip over. great stadium, great vibe to the crowd, close game, excellent seat.

IMG_0755.thumb.jpg.e9e118137b5676c57dbd7ca0e956a956.jpgIMG_0758.thumb.jpg.e883bb205f458c62b438fd2ff1e3156e.jpg

Close to the action but not under cover by the look of it. Seemed to be raining cats and dogs in the second half going by the telly coverage.

Edited by Kegory
Spelling/grammar

31 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Close to the action but not under cover by the look of it. Seemed to be raining cats and dogs in the second half going by the telly coverage.

persistent medium drizzle for much of the rain with the odd light shower thrown in. pretty much the weather i got all day yesterday and this morning.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Looked like it was absolutely peeing down Friday night. The greens at my golf course could have used some of that to soften them up a bit 😂

In other news, Damien Hardwick to quit as Richmond coach 👀

i think after sampling a fair bit of south australian's finest off the taps, my beer coat was pretty hardy.

in all seriousness it was only a few minutes in the last quarter where it was heavy, most of the game it was just thick mist and drizzle that didn't get through the outer layers of clothing. though i was really happy i wore fast-drying chinos rather than jeans for the trip over 😉

Hardwick massive news, three premierships and lifting richmond from the perpetual 9th meme team to a real powerhouse again is one of the biggest things that happened to the afl in the past 10 years, good on him for calling time on his terms; too many coaches never get that opportunity

Edited by Stickers
typo
  • Like 3

There is Huge rumours Hardwick  is on his way to the Blues

voss to be sacked by weeks end

To be honest i really thought Voss would be the 1st coach to drop  after the blues poor play over the past few weeks
and i believe its the playing group that needs to take  some accountability at the blues

If the rumours are right, i believe Hardwick will take over at seasons end  and an interim coach will happen at the blues

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yes I was much more comfortable sitting on my couch watching that game than sitting in torrential rain 🤣

I agree, nothing wrong if fans want to go out & watch their team but I don't really follow it anyway, but my mate is a pilot for Quantas & he gets free tickets to some of the Crows matches, I have been a couple of times but with modern day comforts & a nice big 65" UHD 4k TV, I would rather be home (& watch something else🤣)

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

The Blues need to stick with a coach for more than five minutes and maybe they'll see some progress. If they keep sacking coaches every year they're gonna stay in a perpetual cycle of mediocrity.

Otto I agree with you.  I am a blues member , and  hate another of the attitude of the supporters and the 1st response from some sack the coach.   

Players need to start picking up there game and start playing better footy

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 4:33 AM, ozdevil said:

If the rumours are right, i believe Hardwick will take over at seasons end  and an interim coach will happen at the blues

Wont happen. Hardwick really is burnt out and is not mentally in the right spot to take on a basket case like Carlton.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Wont happen. Hardwick really is burnt out and is not mentally in the right spot to take on a basket case like Carlton.

the rumour mill is getting stronger  @Pale Man ,   my own view is he wont coach until  2025  if  he wants to coach  again.

• Like 1

carlton need to and will back voss in, his situation reminds me a lot of bomber thompson the year before the cats broke their droughtbreaker. hardwick is cooked, done like a dinner, checked out for long long time. his press conferences this year have been really frank about how he feels about the media so i don't think he'll go for an opinion job anytime soon either.

• Like 1

Afl has been getting ridiculous with this whole coach thing in recent years. There are 18 teams and more on the way. 

They can't all be at the top of the ladder. The biggest problem is the media reflecting the opinions of morons on Facebook etc. 

Teams go up and down its pretty much set up that way with drafts and trading etc. Plus teams at the top for too long become to predictable for other teams. Or just lose the go because it's too easy to win then they go the other way.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, ozdevil said:

the rumour mill is getting stronger  @Pale Man ,   my own view is he wont coach until  2025  if  he wants to coach  again.

@ozdevil I didnt mean in a disrespectful way Carlton being a basket case. I have a lot of respect for the club. When Port entered the AFL we were on the end of a lot of Carlton spankings. 

But these days, they really have some problems. Just cant keep a rebuild moving forward. It must be frustrating for the likes of you and other members. I dont think its just the coach. Do you think Dimma can turn it around? Hes a tough bastid.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pale Man said:

@ozdevil I didnt mean in a disrespectful way Carlton being a basket case. I have a lot of respect for the club. When Port entered the AFL we were on the end of a lot of Carlton spankings. 

But these days, they really have some problems. Just cant keep a rebuild moving forward. It must be frustrating for the likes of you and other members. I dont think its just the coach. Do you think Dimma can turn it around? Hes a tough bastid.

@Pale Man i agree you wasnt being disrespectful.

i do have some inside knowledge  i know a few  former players of the club that still deal with the blues. and strong talks have been had.  

i actually agree with your sentiments .  the blues have been sack trigger happy for quite along time and sacking coach after coach the problem lies somewhere else wether thats the players or the  board 

dimma isnt going to work  not with this rabble of players.

but  When I die, I want Carlton to lower my coffin so they can let me down One last time

• Haha 5

War of words  post match on Friday night between Craig Mathison (nephew to the pokie king Bruce Mathison) and the Carlton Prersident Luke Sayers  has seen the 1st knock out blow in the club with Craig Mathison resigning  his position on the board of Directors

futher to this  it  is certainly heating up at ikon Park  the Carlton will sevre ties with the Pokies Giant Bruce Mathison meaning giving up  on 4 Pokies venues which bring in several  millions for the club.

In my own opinion  these talks should have been happening weeks ago(not to say they hadnt been )  Bruce Mathison  always thought  his money talked in carlton and carlton owed him  the right to say who was in the side each week   and by carlton cutting Ties  from both Mathisons this means the club can become united again.

I recieved the a email this Morning from Luke Sayers  that Craig Mathison has resigned and the bard has acpted the resignation

I think this is the start of some hard times for the blues  as alot of things are needed to be sorted out   inhouse and out on the field

its  footy  but sometimes the politics of the board need to stay out of the  footy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A  nation is in morning today of the passing of a great gentleman and former Fitzroy Captain and Adelaide Star recruitter and always gave his honest opinion

Matthew Rendell  passed away 64 years of age today  of Heart attack in which he first suffered  last Sunday

May Matt Rendell rerst in Peace , you will be remembered as one opf the great  guys that played our nations game

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...