Coopers Community

aussie rules 2023

Stickers

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Brisbane should. If we do we get a week off and play either Carlton or Melbourne in a home prelim 

That's what I'm thinking, don't tell @Pale Man😉 but I hope they do, I have a few one-eyed Port mates & I will never hear the end of it, but at the end of the day I don't really care as I don't watch any of it anyway.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

mate  had to have a few heart starters  towards the end but  just happy to get over the line.

but still along road home for the blues  ,  i'm not confident for next weeks game or the week after  if get to the prelims

still happy my boys got to the finals  after  everyone including myself wrote them offhalfway through the season.

its going to be tough  if we beat melbourne  as it either means a road trip to qld or over to S.A   depending on tonights game.

Well OD I suppose if you can make it to a final you have just as much chance as anyone else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Lions are smashing them, 52 points with half the last still to go 💪

Your boys looked the goods last night. Too good. Port were insipid. Smashed in the midfield which was supposed to be our strength. Oh well, at least we have a next week.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It was close for the first half and a bit at least, then we just got on top. Those injuries didn't help you guys either but I'm happy of course 🤣 just have Melbourne or Carlton to look forward to now

If it's Carlton you better be on your guard, I heard that @ozdevil was called into the midfield to strengthen the side. 😉

• Haha 2

It was close for the first half and a bit at least, then we just got on top. Those injuries didn't help you guys either but I'm happy of course 🤣 just have Melbourne or Carlton to look forward to now

if brisbane dont mind losing to the Blues  🤣

54 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

If it's Carlton you better be on your guard, I heard that @ozdevil was called into the midfield to strengthen the side. 😉

i'm taking Harry Mckays Spot  midfield is a bit to quicker pace  for me

33 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

@ozdevil will be bringing out the half time beers 🤣

yes your right i will be lacing Melbournes  beers  at half time with some good 10%'ers  🤣

• Haha 2

Couldn't kick for goal any worse than Harry at least 🤣

I can't pick between them and Melbourne for that game next week, but at least we'll have the home ground advantage whoever it is. 

Harry  hmmm i don't see many coleman medal winners up there on the gold coast or brisbane  yet..   Harry i agree hasnt had a great year in front of the sticks ,  but he also plays  other roles  by getting up the ground and getting the ball to ground to  assist the guys like walsh and cerra.    

Harry also assited in a few goals   by helping the likes of charlie  owies and Martin.   but  unfortunately the big bloke has to have a week off with concussion ..

but i do agree his kicking for goal  is outa sorts at the moment  specially when Carlton has a very solid  forward line with the  forwards are all in form  ...   

the more of a concern rathen harry being sidelined is jack martin   for high contact,  even though the carlton big guns have brought the legal team in to fight the ban   , the best out come there is only a week and will be back the week after for the prelim against  brisbane 

it is going to be a tough ask for either of melbourne or carlton heading up to Brisbane and beating  the lions in there den  and to be honest   its been hard work  for the blues just to get to finals and to actually win a final

As much as i want the blues to go all the way ,  i also have realistic view on where my blues are sitting 

my only wish is that the blues dont give up trying  and play great footy win or lose

• Like 1

No we don't have one, and we've had our own issues in front of goal, not so much this year but have lost finals in previous years partly due to missing too many goals. 

Perhaps he should play up the field a bit more, his field kicking is good, just for some reason when there's posts there it all turns to crap. Charlie is better inside 50 from what I've seen this year. 

I'm expecting close games this weekend, and probably the week after as well. Hopefully we can get the job done, it's about time we took the next step 

50 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

No we don't have one, and we've had our own issues in front of goal, not so much this year but have lost finals in previous years partly due to missing too many goals. 

Perhaps he should play up the field a bit more, his field kicking is good, just for some reason when there's posts there it all turns to crap. Charlie is better inside 50 from what I've seen this year. 

I'm expecting close games this weekend, and probably the week after as well. Hopefully we can get the job done, it's about time we took the next step 

ummmm   Harry has been playing  up the field alot more  almost right into the backline and   is  very good move as it acts as another tall figure that can take a mark  orat best drop the ball to ground to allow the mids to clean up and run.   the issues with harry and charlie staying in the forward line is they are getting in each others way..

Harry is a bit of worse nightmare and was offered some help by one of the best goal kickers  in the game that wanted to help Harry ,  but harry knocked the person back saying i'll do it alone .    harry  will be ok  with a bit more confidence and get that goal kicking  working.    but he must stop  trying to kick snap shots at goal.

i agree charlie is  far better inside the forward 50.  the good thing with Carlton   we can have 3 lingering talls charlie,harry  and dekoning  all 3 players can do damage around the forward line  and de koning is very versitle ruckman  who should take the reigns over pittonet  but at the moment  love how we can use dekoning up down the ground .

Brisbane if the beat melbourne or carlton (ihope its the blues that beat brisbane sorry) will hopefully beat the pies  the g.f  ,  brisbne  are running hot at the moment

I didn't figure you to be an AFL follower as most QLD'ers follow Rugby. 

I get that you support the Lions. 🏈

47 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I didn't figure you to be an AFL follower as most QLD'ers follow Rugby. 

I get that you support the Lions. 🏈

I did watch league as a kid, but one day I decided to watch an AFL game for some reason and pretty much instantly converted. I liked that it was faster and more exciting and unpredictable. I still watch the state of origin but that's pretty much it for the league for me. 

I did watch league as a kid, but one day I decided to watch an AFL game for some reason and pretty much instantly converted. I liked that it was faster and more exciting and unpredictable. I still watch the state of origin but that's pretty much it for the league for me. 

haha  as tasmanian growing up in a footy state with a few in the family that made it to Afl level , i happened  to not play Afl footy and went an opposite way  to the big names that played and coached the afl    .  i happened to play Rugby union.    the funny thing was i played the game with out  watching it ever been played...   but used to love watching footy at state and afl/vfl level.

i made it to senior level Rugby union in cold Hobart town.  and how i got into rugby was during a p.e lesson   the teacher said hey we are playing Rugby union  today  ,  the p.e teacher said to me in the end   you should  come and have a game on Saturday  i reckon you would be a great  rugby player.  i said to him , sir i dont want to be a great player i just simply want to be enjoying the sport i choose to play.  anyway   it was rather tiring in the end as i had to juggle  saturday sport    as had to be at the rugby field  by 8am for 9:30am kick off then at the squash courts  to play school boys pennant at 1am  .   my mother used to hate  me playing Rugby   she was to scared that i was going to get a broken neck or something and she didnt really want to see that  as  my father  did shiftwork  and hell of alot of overtime Dad couldnt  get me to the games but mum  she stood by her son even though she never wanted me to be on the rugby field   and she cringed eachtime going into a scrum  seeing her little boy  getting tackled like a rag doll.

however though i always liked watching Afl but back then it was vfl   and thought its much better watching  then rugby to be honest more free flowing   then the stop start of rugby    

Still to this day i cant get into Rugby on the tv   

@ozdevil - you were right about the saints giants game needing the mcg, they more than tripled their previous best crowd on saturday. also there were general addys for the afl members so i was able to go and see this one as well as

collingwood v melbourne

ahh dear, where do we start with this one; and i'm not going to even to mention the maynard bump

melbourne were well and truly outclassed in the first quarter, right from the first bounce when mason cox flattened max gawn. the game should have been over at quarter time, the pies missed as many as they shot and were so much better setup in the forward line. melbourne should not have started with tom mcdonald on the ground and given the talent we have running around in the magoos, really erred with not having charlie spargo or even brodie grundy in over bailey laurie.

anyway, second chance against carlton this week, got even better tickets for this one so here's hoping i'm not looking at the train timetable at three quarter time..

55 minutes ago, Stickers said:

@ozdevil - you were right about the saints giants game needing the mcg, they more than tripled their previous best crowd on saturday. also there were general addys for the afl members so i was able to go and see this one as well as

collingwood v melbourne

ahh dear, where do we start with this one; and i'm not going to even to mention the maynard bump

melbourne were well and truly outclassed in the first quarter, right from the first bounce when mason cox flattened max gawn. the game should have been over at quarter time, the pies missed as many as they shot and were so much better setup in the forward line. melbourne should not have started with tom mcdonald on the ground and given the talent we have running around in the magoos, really erred with not having charlie spargo or even brodie grundy in over bailey laurie.

anyway, second chance against carlton this week, got even better tickets for this one so here's hoping i'm not looking at the train timetable at three quarter time..

Dont under estimate the blues .  nothing wrong looking at train time table for when you leave dissapointed from the  G  

but all seriousness i hope its going to be great game  to be honest  but its pre lim final  is the concerning one depending on who wins friday night     lets hope the g rocks   and  the game is a close one

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

You mean attempted smother?

honestly i just hope this doesn't encourage other players to attempt smothers in a similar fashion going forward. i also hope this helps to spur melbourne on a bit and once again find our mojo

50 minutes ago, Stickers said:

honestly i just hope this doesn't encourage other players to attempt smothers in a similar fashion going forward. i also hope this helps to spur melbourne on a bit and once again find our mojo

you might be right about the copy cat factor going forward to try and actually hurt people.

For me anyone who could think this genuine attempt and going hard at the ball was reckless or dangerous.

Well let's just say no wonder the game has gone soft and turned to crap and steered people like myself to NRL. 

23 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Well let's just say no wonder the game has gone soft and turned to crap and steered people like myself to NRL.

i think with nearly 250,000 people attending three finals in melbourne and a sold out gabba the game is doing OK. I think it's great we can sustain multiple sporting codes in Australia, NRL personally doesn't do it for me but i'm glad it's a part of the great sporting landscape

3 hours ago, Stickers said:

i think with nearly 250,000 people attending three finals in melbourne and a sold out gabba the game is doing OK. I think it's great we can sustain multiple sporting codes in Australia, NRL personally doesn't do it for me but i'm glad it's a part of the great sporting landscape

There would not be many times you don't get good numbers through the gates during finals. It has helped with teams like St Kilda and Blues having a come back for sure. 

As for Brisbane they always get good numbers up there as well and have a big following.

I was up there mid year at a game not a bad stadium at all.