Coopers Community

aussie rules 2023

Stickers

IMG_0462.thumb.jpg.2bed93a4b3c80e72a67a4ea7871924cf.jpg

school night and all so i just went to the first half of tonight's AFL opener, took out an AFL membership this year and thought i'd give it a dry run on a nice night out. i should have stuck around, epic draw in the end but with no emotional connection to either side I think i just wanted to hang out at the mcg for a bit and at least be part of the season opener.

am going properly to see demons v bulldogs with the bulldog side of the fam on saturday for reals though, footy's back, go dees.

• Like 6

Pretty disappointed with Brisbane's start to the season, but it's only one game. I feel like Melbourne will probably win tomorrow night but hopefully we put up a much better effort. 

In the meantime I'm looking forward to watching tonight's game and as much as I hate Collingwood I do like watching them so I'll watch that on delay after golf Saturday. 

It's been good to see fast ball movement and more open games across the last year or two, that overly defensive chip the ball around and congest everything style was garbage. 

• Like 1

I agree OVB. I'm a Cats supporter - and even though we lowered our colors against Collingwood the other night, it was a great game to watch. Free flowing and attacking footy - gotta love that.

I think the good sides don't panic about slow starts to the season - they build, I'd be hoping that's what's happening with Brisbane and the Cats. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

I agree OVB. I'm a Cats supporter - and even though we lowered our colors against Collingwood the other night, it was a great game to watch. Free flowing and attacking footy - gotta love that.

I think the good sides don't panic about slow starts to the season - they build, I'd be hoping that's what's happening with Brisbane and the Cats. 

I don't bother with any of it anymore, just bores me 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't bother with any of it anymore, just bores me 😁

Maybe I should clarify this, I have never played Football not even at school, just didn't interest me, I was always on the golf course or in the gym.

Over the years living in Adelaide, I started following the Crows & in earlier times they had their triumphs, but I it is going to take a long time to join the top 5 or so.

I don't particularly care about any other side, but I hate the other SA team with a passion (sorry Pale Man) 

These days I am happy to brew, enjoy life by the seaside & generally get on with other things in life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

These days I am happy to brew, enjoy life by the seaside & generally get on with other things in life.

plenty of threads on the board for those too, this one's about the current aussie rules seasons around the whole country so let's try and keep on an eye on the ball (and the topic)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

GO Blues

• Like 1

A bit of topic  but to do with the Afl

Bulldogs Legend   Doug Hawkins   Was struck by Lightening at his workplace in Yarraville   Yesterday during the  Thunderstorms Victoria had

He is doing ok and is out of Hospital     but Dougy  Said  he was feeling a bit shaken and light headed with a tingly cold left arm  but up and about

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, ozdevil said:

A bit of topic  but to do with the Afl

that is on topic. i loved dougie's quote today “It was nearly worse than playing on Dipper in the ’80s". i more didn't want the footy thread to be derailed by people jumping in to chat about why they didn't like football.

link the age, paywall 😕

36 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

He was on SEN today, probably on the podcast for Dwayne's world

I didn't know dwayno was syndicated outside of melbourne.

demons putting in a bit of a barry crocker so far tonight but all credit to the lions to be fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

that is on topic. i loved dougie's quote today “It was nearly worse than playing on Dipper in the ’80s". i more didn't want the footy thread to be derailed by people jumping in to chat about why they didn't like football.

link the age, paywall 😕

i know Doug personelly even my mother  couldn't believe i did .. 

Doug  is great bloke what you seen on the footy show is what you got  in real life

i can remember 1 year   and i think it was  cats the dogs in a premiership..  

i love doug  but had to tell him to shut the fff up    he sat next to me at the golf club and all he did is whinged what the doggies did wrong 

i ended up saying doug dont worry about the next shout i am going else where

Doug is great guy, only lives 1/2 k down the road

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stickers said:

I didn't know dwayno was syndicated outside of melbourne.

demons putting in a bit of a barry crocker so far tonight but all credit to the lions to be fair.

I listen on the app, although I think the show goes into SA and Tas on the actual radio as well. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I heard it was a substation that blew up, would explain the bang heard moments before the lights went out. Such a a weird situation though 🤣

On the telly they kept showing one of the lights in one of the towers with a little flame burning in it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kegory said:

On the telly they kept showing one of the lights in one of the towers with a little flame burning in it. 

Yeah I saw that too. Unsure if that caused it all or was caused by a surge or whatever else. 

At least there weren't any fires on the ground this time 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Maybe next time Paley.

Next time is against the Crows, play like that and we'll be licking unwhiped ar$e as Malter would put it. I'm starting to think we need to control our forum etiquette. 

But I didnt start it!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Next time is against the Crows, play like that and we'll be licking unwhiped ar$e as Malter would put it. I'm starting to think we need to control our forum etiquette. 

But I didnt start it!!

Well, the Crows are playing Richmond so I wouldn't expect a party afterwards. 

Are you saying Malter is a potty mouth? 🤣

• Haha 1