Coopers Community

aussie rules 2023

Stickers

10 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

I don't barrack for either team tonight but the umpiring is atrocious I can't believe with 4 umpires they still miss obvious free kicks

Yeah, and paying free kicks which aren't there as well. And what was going on with the frees for dissent - haven't paid those all year and then wham!- all of sudden guys are getting pinged for pointing to the replay screen....4 weeks til the end of season , hopefully those four umps from last night are banished come finals time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

I don't barrack for either team tonight but the umpiring is atrocious I can't believe with 4 umpires they still miss obvious free kicks

I am not a football fan although I do watch some Adelaide Crows games, but I agree about the umpires it seems the Mexican umpires miss more when interstate teams are playing. 

It is the Showdown in Adelaide tonight so a few mates are coming around for beers, no Port supporters allowed. 🤣

Go Crows.

• Haha 1

loving footy at the moment

essendon out of the 8 tick
geelong out of the 8 tick
Richmond out of the 8 tick

collingwood top spot  cross
carlton in the 8  tick

Carlton was written off and the best they can finish if all moons align is 4th but thats a dream
5th at very best (not losing a game

been great footy for the blues the last 6 games  with 5/6 over 50 point wins and collingwood ey

my good collingwood mate wont speak to me now   becuase of friday night

Port will finish top 4 but question is where in the top 4

only 4 rounds to go  and there can be some exciting footy to come

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 6:49 PM, ozdevil said:

loving footy at the moment

essendon out of the 8 tick
geelong out of the 8 tick
Richmond out of the 8 tick

collingwood top spot  cross
carlton in the 8  tick

Carlton was written off and the best they can finish if all moons align is 4th but thats a dream
5th at very best (not losing a game

been great footy for the blues the last 6 games  with 5/6 over 50 point wins and collingwood ey

my good collingwood mate wont speak to me now   becuase of friday night

Port will finish top 4 but question is where in the top 4

only 4 rounds to go  and there can be some exciting footy to come

Blue baggers are a marchin' Oz mate my friend @ozdevil. My Cats are cooked!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

it is sadly not good feel for the crows on this one .  the Afl have apologised that  it was a mistake but cant over rule the decision  and the umpire in question has been stood down.

lets just hope the get things right going through the finals and  rerally look at the umpires during the off season  so next season   the umpiring gets better

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pale Man said:

What comes around goes around. The Crows have won games in the past with wrong goal decisions. Notably against Port when Tippet snicked the post. Called a goal and the Crows hit the front to win. No sympathy for the sooks.

Exactly happens to every team at some point.

Multiple times they have been reviewing the touch on the goal line but missed the touch from the man on the mark etc. 

Yet the world keeps on spinning.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

tickets acquired for pies v the mighty dees! i'm really worried about this one, we're on a 2 final losing streak as it is and collingwood are getting their backline back. sitting behind the goals at the punt road end.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Stickers said:

tickets acquired for pies v the mighty dees! i'm really worried about this one, we're on a 2 final losing streak as it is and collingwood are getting their backline back. sitting behind the goals at the punt road end.

I'll try to spot you in the crowd 

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2023 at 6:31 PM, Back Brewing said:

I'll try to spot you in the crowd 

i'll be the one in the scarf and beanie 🍻

the saints v giants game in the 3.20 saturday slot has my interest too, silly it is being played at the MCG to 1/2 a crowd rather than getting the marvel stadium mostly filled but contracts and the like get in the way of fan fairness. i'm hoping there might be some walkup general admissions to the afl members left over, if it's a nice afternoon next weekend it might be a solid game to check out.

carlton v sydney - i'd prefer carlton to get through but i don't really mind who wins lions v port.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stickers said:

i'll be the one in the scarf and beanie 🍻

the saints v giants game in the 3.20 saturday slot has my interest too, silly it is being played at the MCG to 1/2 a crowd rather than getting the marvel stadium mostly filled but contracts and the like get in the way of fan fairness. i'm hoping there might be some walkup general admissions to the afl members left over, if it's a nice afternoon next weekend it might be a solid game to check out.

carlton v sydney - i'd prefer carlton to get through but i don't really mind who wins lions v port.

finals are a bit different to the  the season games and you will find  the crowds will be higher then normal  would be, i agree they would have packed marvel,  but lets face reality of it  the biggest game of the year is played  on the holy grail of the mcg , if i was a player or coach i would be hoping my games are all at the "G"   as it will help  specially if the team can draw a crowd.  

St kilda love marvel and this will be a test  when they have to play the mcg a bigger wider ground  .   

i get what ya saying as fan fairness though

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kegory said:

You ok after that @ozdevil? Got a bit tight at the end.

mate  had to have a few heart starters  towards the end but  just happy to get over the line.

but still along road home for the blues  ,  i'm not confident for next weeks game or the week after  if get to the prelims

still happy my boys got to the finals  after  everyone including myself wrote them offhalfway through the season.

its going to be tough  if we beat melbourne  as it either means a road trip to qld or over to S.A   depending on tonights game.

• Like 2