Coopers Community

Kegging video tutorials for beginners.

A handy tool for those  that dont have scales or poor eyesight that cant see the condensation lines when filling and want to do closed transfers

is a keg filler stopper  which will set you back  $12.95   + $4.45 for duotight plastic Gas disconnect  or  $9.99 for the S.S gas disconnect  from kegland

the reason for the 2 disconnects i mention will give you a 90° angle    wheres the normal plastic disconnect are angled differently and wont be  at that 90° 

https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-flow-stopper.html

kl09393_-_flow_stopper.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

A handy tool for those  that dont have scales or poor eyesight that cant see the condensation lines when filling and want to do closed transfers

is a keg filler stopper  which will set you back  $12.95   + $4.45 for duotight plastic Gas disconnect  or  $9.99 for the S.S gas disconnect  from kegland

the reason for the 2 disconnects i mention will give you a 90° angle    wheres the normal plastic disconnect are angled differently and wont be  at that 90° 

https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-flow-stopper.html

kl09393_-_flow_stopper.png

So do you use these in a closed transfer with a tube going from the top of this unit back to the fermenter?  I did not know you could do that.  I thought the top end had to be open.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

So do you use these in a closed transfer with a tube going from the top of this unit back to the fermenter?  I did not know you could do that.  I thought the top end had to be open.

Shamus  you could do that or use a spunding valve    like you would normally do

All this contraption will do is shut off when full so your basicly adding a 1 way valve if that makes sense

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have a dumb question being new to kegs, at what temperature do you keep your fridge- for those that have taps drilled into the door ? 

As I have said my old Westinghouse is going to be drilled to house 4 taps, while I am waiting it has been completely cleaned out & working fine except I have had to turn it down to almost the lowest setting, probably because it doesn't have much in it. I noticed a couple of longnecks were almost at freezing point, so I assume you could also freeze a keg which hardly sounds ideal.

Yes I will clean the temp knob, I expect the reading on the thermometer will go up a bit now I have moved it from position 2.

20220424_151333.jpg

20220424_151311.jpg

On 4/24/2022 at 3:52 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have a dumb question being new to kegs, at what temperature do you keep your fridge- for those that have taps drilled into the door ? 

As I have said my old Westinghouse is going to be drilled to house 4 taps, while I am waiting it has been completely cleaned out & working fine except I have had to turn it down to almost the lowest setting, probably because it doesn't have much in it. I noticed a couple of longnecks were almost at freezing point, so I assume you could also freeze a keg which hardly sounds ideal.

Yes I will clean the temp knob, I expect the reading on the thermometer will go up a bit now I have moved it from position 2.

20220424_151333.jpg

20220424_151311.jpg

I have a keezer with 4 taps drilled into it, I generally run mine at 3 degrees, even then I’m getting some ice build up on the walls.

‘With the fridge try 3 degrees first, then play around with it if you need to raise or lower the temp, also depends on its location. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

I have a keezer with 4 taps drilled into it, I generally run mine at 3 degrees, even then I’m getting some ice build up on the walls.

‘With the fridge try 3 degrees first, then play around with it if you need to raise or lower the temp, also depends on its location. 

Cheers RD, I reckon if I invest in a decent thermometer it will sort itself out.

The kegerator is set to 2 but usually sits around 3. Those holes in the back for the gas lines are taking their toll, despite the blue tack well, the faux one from Kmart and it is in all actuality melting. I noticed the other day there are blobs of this stuff on the floor behind the kegerator. I have to use the good stuff to seal it properly.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Even got a bit to bottle, we drank the 2l Growler first last night so T thought I had better fill it up again.

20220506_095543.thumb.jpg.9e1b4f137afb27d1ae78e3236f143743.jpg

great stuff   

now you need a bucket blaster from Hoppy81   to make cleaning kegs  and to make sure  the future fermzilla fv is easy cleaning

• Like 1

I was wondering how long some of you give your beer in the keg before pouring, ( this is a k & k Real Ale ) obviously my first keg has only been in the fridge for 24 hours, the gas is set on 12psi. 

I was told about a week but I get the feeling the urge to try my first tap beer is going to become greater so I will try & be strong. 💪

• Like 2