Coopers Community

Kegging video tutorials for beginners.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

My experience is the same.  I did notice something interesting the last time I ran out of gas:  Like you, I now use a mini regulator on the gas line to each keg.  So my main regulator is set to 45psi.  I can then set my mini regulators anywhere between 0 and 40psi, depending on whether I am force carbonating a keg or just serving. 

By having the main regulator set this high, although the "in" side of the regulator appeared to drop like a stone to zero, I did notice the "out" side of the regulator slowly drop from 45psi to 0psi over the 2 week period.  And it dropped gradually.  Therefore, giving me time to think about arranging a replacement gas bottle. 

Okay Shamus, this sounds awesome - do you mind sharing a pic of your set up of your mini regs?

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Okay Shamus, this sounds awesome - do you mind sharing a pic of your set up of your mini regs?

Here's is @Aussiekraut's set up.  Mine is very similar, except messy.

IMG_7587.thumb.JPG.2b543877390d9fe65f913f811ded8def.JPG

I also have another ball valve coming out of the end of the manifold, with a mini regulator and gas disconnect on it.  It is handy for putting a few psi into a newly filled keg for a leak test, pushing cleaner or sanitiser through a beer line, pressurising a clean keg for storage, etc. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Here's is @Aussiekraut's set up.  Mine is very similar, except messy.

IMG_7587.thumb.JPG.2b543877390d9fe65f913f811ded8def.JPG

I also have another ball valve coming out of the end of the manifold, with a mini regulator and gas disconnect on it.  It is handy for putting a few psi into a newly filled keg for a leak test, pushing cleaner or sanitiser through a beer line, pressurising a clean keg for storage, etc. 

Thanks Shamus awesome stuff mate - cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There was a post regarding a Gauge/Mini Regulator of sorts that enables you to connect multiple kegs & have one at serving temperature & another fast carbing.

I believe it was @Aussiekraut & I think @Shamus O'Sean who were discussing it.

I have this Manifold from Keg Land & I am wanting to order one so I can do this. Cheers.

4 Way Output Gas Line Manifold Splitter with Integrated Check Valves

• Like 1