Coopers Community

SMARTPHONE - WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?

Hey Brewers,

Just wondering who's got what in the way of smartphones or are there any old dinosaurs out there with an old Nokia or perhaps don't own one ?

I picked up my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra yesterday, wow, what a phone. I have been a Samsung man for years & in latter years always had the Samsung Note series which is now discontinued.

The good part is I get to sell my old phone ( Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ on Gumtree ) so if successful I may be looking at upgrading my brewing equipment - A Kegerator X series 4 keg capacity/3 font system.

Now wouldn't that be nice. 📱

Cheers.

iPhone 5.  Although it is an SE model, bought new when I think the iPhone 7 came out, it is still nearly 5 years old.  Also still running an iPod Classic 160GB for tunes and podcasts.  Even that piece of tech is becoming less relevant since I discovered Spotify.

have the last of the Samsung Galaxy note 10+    been a great phone  but when it runs out of contract 
i will update it then  as i have  stuff the front screen and its going to cost around 470 bucks to fix

had samsungs  ever since  they have had smart phones on the market  

not a apple fan  so never been interested in the iphone era of phones..

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

have the last of the Samsung Galaxy note 10+    been a great phone  but when it runs out of contract 
i will update it then  as i have  stuff the front screen and its going to cost around 470 bucks to fix

had samsungs  ever since  they have had smart phones on the market  

not a apple fan  so never been interested in the iphone era of phones..

I too have always had Samsung phones but you need to case them in of of these, also can double as your wallet. The phone fits into a skin tight cover that sits on to the magnet on the bottom.

Also attached my old Note 10+.

110100.jpg

110102.jpg

20210705_092708.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I too have always had Samsung phones but you need to case them in of of these, also can double as your wallet. The phone fits into a skin tight cover that sits on to the magnet on the bottom.

Also attached my old Note 10+.

110100.jpg

110102.jpg

20210705_092708.jpg

mate the stupid thing is it was in case when i broke the screen   

i had come home drunk and had a bit off a fall  the cover opened  up and bang screen cracked  and now looks like its got bullet holes in it from a bb gun pellets lol

Just now, ozdevil said:

mate the stupid thing is it was in case when i broke the screen   

i had come home drunk and had a bit off a fall  the cover opened  up and bang screen cracked  and now looks like its got bullet holes in it from a bb gun pellets lol

Must have been one hell of a fall or you were well & truly hissed up or both 🤣  I am only a social drinker 🤔 but then I am a very social person !!

Be more careful & don't drink so much 🍻

19 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Must have been one hell of a fall or you were well & truly hissed up or both 🤣  I am only a social drinker 🤔 but then I am a very social person !!

Be more careful & don't drink so much 🍻

didnt really drink much  that day  but the night air got me and had good fall...

i do need to be more careful i agree  i am very rough on phones

S21 ultra too, i much prefered my S10+ as it had 512gb memory instead of 128gb and it had a sd card something the S21 ultra does not have, feels like they have gone backwards imo, only better part is the camera, hindsight i wouldnt of upgraded.

Edited by Hoppy81

8 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

S21 ultra too, i much prefered my S10+ as it had 512gb memory instead of 128gb and it had a sd card something the S21 ultra does not have, feels like they have gone backwards imo, only better part is the camera, hindsight i wouldnt of upgraded.

Well I have to agree with you however Samsung dropped the price considerably but put it all in a smaller box minus the charger, protective case, USB cord etc.

I don't miss the bits & pieces as I have Wireless Charges & boxes of cords etc. The camera is epic with all of the features but by putting in a bigger battery you don't get an S Pen but for $59 you can buy one as they are compatible. I could only get a 256gb as the 512gb are not available.

It's sort of good & bad in a way.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:34 PM, CLASSIC said:

Hey Brewers,

Just wondering who's got what in the way of smartphones or are there any old dinosaurs out there with an old Nokia or perhaps don't own one ?

I picked up my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra yesterday, wow, what a phone. I have been a Samsung man for years & in latter years always had the Samsung Note series which is now discontinued.

The good part is I get to sell my old phone ( Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ on Gumtree ) so if successful I may be looking at upgrading my brewing equipment - A Kegerator X series 4 keg capacity/3 font system.

Now wouldn't that be nice. 📱

Cheers.

I was looking at getting one of these Kegerator X series. They,  Kegland seem to be very professional with a good range of spare parts and relevant videos with good descriptions of Kegerators and setting them up.

Have you looked a the Westway Series 6 made in WA, they claim they are made with WA hot summers in mind.  I know with some fridges, they struggle with the heat others don't.

2 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I was looking at getting one of these Kegerator X series. They,  Kegland seem to be very professional with a good range of spare parts and relevant videos with good descriptions of Kegerators and setting them up.

Have you looked a the Westway Series 6 made in WA, they claim they are made with WA hot summers in mind.  I know with some fridges, they struggle with the heat others don't.

I can get a Kegland Series X with 3 Taps & capacity to take 4 x 19l kegs ( or 3 x kegs & gas bottle ) for $665.00. 

I would have to buy the kegs & gas bottle but everything else is supplied. I would have to pick up in Adelaide but I have a 4WD so no problem.

The only think I haven't got is any previous experience with kegging so I have to decide to bumble through it or keep bottling.  WA freight would be a killer to Adelaide.

The good part is the price of the phone I am selling is more than the Kegerator. 😄

• Like 1