Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

33 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Love it also Gorgonzola, Bleu d'Auvergne, Stilton etc I am surprised how many people turn their nose up at it though !

All good mate, those aren’t the stinkers though - try the Alsacien ones (Munster), or Epoisses (Burgundy). They’re that strong they ruin the vino though 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, stquinto said:

All good mate, those aren’t the stinkers though - try the Alsacien ones (Munster), or Epoisses (Burgundy). They’re that strong they ruin the vino though 

Haha @stquinto Sainter what about the ol' Limburger? 😲

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha @stquinto Sainter what about the ol' Limburger? 😲

Good point IP! I actually know it from the Herve name (Belgian side): I’ve got a mate who is from there. I took some back with me, not friends in my house when I kept it in the fridge. Managed to stink through two tupperware boxes 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good point IP! I actually know it from the Herve name (Belgian side): I’ve got a mate who is from there. I took some back with me, not friends in my house when I kept it in the fridge. Managed to stink through two tupperware boxes 

Haha yeah had some mates in München that shared the excellent phenomenon with me certainly had a bit of ooooooooomph 🥳

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Even some of the Greek/Italian cheeses you see at the markets & continental deli's pong a bit, I might add some of them don't taste that good either 😬

• Haha 2

I just picked the first of the Carolina Reaper Chillis, I think one will do 🥵 I will use it tonight in something, I have tried some of my Trinidad Scorpion & the 7 Pot Brain Strain ones & they are muderously Hot so to err on the side of caution is a must !!

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/superhot-chili-peppers/carolina-reaper/

20220302_105217.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Fizzy semi fermented garlic chilli zook pickly salad thing ate last lot this morning (far left) and then refreshed with baby zukes just picked now and mandolinned nice and fine... plus some spring onion, garlic and chilli (centre)... and fermenting now in the fridge (right).  It is quite a nice thing and supposedly the fermented sauerkraut-kimchi style thing is good for the tum-tum and I gotta get into those zooks while they still are running and before the dreaded Powdery sets in 😐

image.thumb.png.96a6907b09744e13ce24398019919b04.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just picked the first of the Carolina Reaper Chillis, I think one will do 🥵 I will use it tonight in something, I have tried some of my Trinidad Scorpion & the 7 Pot Brain Strain ones & they are muderously Hot so to err on the side of caution is a must !!

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/superhot-chili-peppers/carolina-reaper/

20220302_105217.jpg

Wowp Phol, impressive 👍

I checked out that site you put a link to - he’s got some beauty sauces on..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Wowp Phol, impressive 👍

I checked out that site you put a link to - he’s got some beauty sauces on..

That is a great site, I subscribed to it ages ago & get regular recipes/updates etc. Check it out.

5 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

EAT IT, and video yourself please.

Do it, do it

You have to sneak up on them, they bite, I am doing fish tonight & a little in the oil is enough to give you wings, I mainly grow them for Chilli Sauces/Jams etc & Beef Jerky.

Hot-chili-flavour-with-chili-fire-cartoon-Clipart-PNG.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had first decent crack at home-made whole egg  Mayo with a stick/immersion blender w German Mustard (süßer Senf), fresh Lemon Juice and Grapeseed Oil... seemed to work quite well so cranked out a bucket of Coleslaw w 1/4 white and 1/4 purple... should be good. Stupidly did not capture an image of the Mayo itself doh 😬 

Little addition of Italian White Balsamic Condiment for acid and some Maple Syrup for sweetness into the Slaw... 

Be interested if any Mayo Makers out there for any tips and especially what sort of Oil - type and Brand - you would use for your Mayo? 

Am also keen to try same method, but with Dijon and egg yolks only...  the stick blender emulsification is good.

image.thumb.png.f278fdc3d2289bc5a26b393c0c4affde.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Be interested if any Mayo Makers out there for any tips and especially what sort of Oil - type and Brand - you would use for your Mayo? 

IMO Olive Oil is fine but Safflower, canola, grapeseed and peanut oil all do nicely.  Just make sure the oil  is at the same temperature as the egg.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That is a great site, I subscribed to it ages ago & get regular recipes/updates etc. Check it out.

You have to sneak up on them, they bite, I am doing fish tonight & a little in the oil is enough to give you wings, I mainly grow them for Chilli Sauces/Jams etc & Beef Jerky.

Hot-chili-flavour-with-chili-fire-cartoon-Clipart-PNG.png

Ok here is the Carolina Reaper sparingly cut up to flavour the Canola Oil, there was enough heat in it to give you wings, slight amount in the Coleslaw, for a moment there I thought I saw a bit of Garnard trying to swim back in the ocean.

That's how I like it anyway, hot as.

20220302_191332.jpg

20220302_192130.jpg

20220302_193952.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I'm not an expert on mayo IP mate, but I know that if you want it stronger tasting go for olive oil, more neutral and rich corn oil, otherwise sunflower oil. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ok here is the Carolina Reaper sparingly cut up to flavour the Canola Oil, there was enough heat in it to give you wings, slight amount in the Coleslaw, for a moment there I thought I saw a bit of Garnard trying to swim back in the ocean.

That's how I like it anyway, hot as.

20220302_191332.jpg

20220302_192130.jpg

20220302_193952.jpg

Looks bloody good Phil: I'm with you on the chilies: once made a vindaloo with about 20 chilies in, had to go and lie down in a darkened room I felt faint 😰

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kmar92 said:

@stquinto with 20 chilli's in it I would have thought that it would be more sitting with a "burning ring of fire" rather than a lie down in a dark room!

I agree with Johnny Cash on that -one  the man spoke the truth, RIP 🤣

Double Taxation Chilies: you pay the tax on the way in, and you pay the tax on the way out…

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

really good EVOO is good, but depends wht you are after

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, stquinto said:

see what London brews have to say for themselves

Fullers London Pride @stquinto Sainter?  Or maybe an ESB? 

Or maybe a Wadworths 6X (forget the Fourex hey @Classic Brewing Co 😋)

Travel safely mate and make sure you send us a photo or two : )

(Aaah the joys of being in Europe... but you might need to postpone your trip to Kyiv☹️)

image.png.322c83aa20c6993785d4a4d3972b1bf6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1