Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Stquinta, that photo has appeared before in your posts, I recognise the dining table & background.

Is that a holiday house or just a favourite spot when you visit Italy?

Yes, it’s a holiday gaff that I share with my brother and half brother. We each get to use it about 3 weeks a year. Shame it’s such a long drive for me - 10 hours + they can fly with a cheapo RyanAir flight to Ancona, otherwise it’s a 3 day drive from the UK.
I’d come down for a long weekend if it was a 5 hour drive or so.

Anyway, here’s a rareish steak for you mate 🧛‍♀️

You wouldn’t know it but the Italians are into their t-bones, it’s not all pizza and pasta. This meat here cost me about 40% of what I pay, but in Switzerland farmers don’t get subsidies like they do in the EU (which Switzerland isn’t part of thank ***k, notwithstanding the cheaper meat)

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Yes, it’s a holiday gaff that I share with my brother and half brother. We each get to use it about 3 weeks a year. Shame it’s such a long drive for me - 10 hours + they can fly with a cheapo RyanAir flight to Ancona, otherwise it’s a 3 day drive from the UK.
I’d come down for a long weekend if it was a 5 hour drive or so.

Anyway, here’s a rareish steak for you mate 🧛‍♀️

You wouldn’t know it but the Italians are into their t-bones, it’s not all pizza and pasta. This meat here cost me about 40% of what I pay, but in Switzerland farmers don’t get subsidies like they do in the EU (which Switzerland isn’t part of thank ***k, notwithstanding the cheaper meat)

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

Enjoy mate but my T-bones go on the grill with flame & smoke (even on the Weber with Hickory flavoured wood chips) I cook them medium, slightly pink with nice grill marks.

I couldn't eat them like that, also I hate fat with a passion, so I guess I will have to bring my own. 🤣

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, beach_life said:

Store some and taste it in 6 months then a year. The hops should mellow heaps

Well, it is ROTM and they are calling it Ale, IPA. But, as you say, that might just be to give people some idea of the style.

• Like 3

Tried to get some Coopers Lager last night for the Matilda’s game. Went to two “big” shops, no luck, Ended up with a more local dry and crisp Japanese style Lager. After a weekend of dark and strong brews this one goes down like lemonade. Nice to christen my new glass so

IMG_7371.jpeg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

In Adelaide a couple of LHBS have beer on tap but not as elaborate as that.

They do various demonstrations in store every other Saturday morning (the next one is making a yeast starter and then something else) and if the demo involves a brew it normally winds up on the wall. The oatmeal stout I sampled is from one of their FWKs.

• Like 3

At Thirsty Camel they have a sign in the Bottle Shop window advertising 8 x Cans or Stubbies of Pale Ale &/or Pacific Ale for $20.00.

I have a Dan Murphy's just over the bridge at Glenelg & they reluctantly price matched it, so I ended up with 4 x Cans of Pale Ale & 4 x cans of Pacific Ale for $19.50.

Not a bad deal I thought.

20230809_151835.thumb.jpg.607a6b33607c95ff8a84c19719ff4343.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, beach_life said:

I believe it's more in the order of this https://www.bjcp.org/style/2021/17/17B/old-ale/

That's probably an astute observation. I have to admit, I was trying to decide if it was an IIPA or a Strong Ale. I landed on Strong Ale, but Old Ale would also seem to be darn close. I won't be arguing with anyone's palate that falls anywhere around these. 😆

• Like 1

I had to go to Port Adelaide (spit, spit) sorry @Pale Man this morning 😉 to have some new tyres fitted & much to my delight Big Shed Brewing was next door, I had a couple of drinks & purchased some merch I didn't need, shown is the Jetty Jumper Ale (nice)

Then I called in to Pirate Life Brewing & had a couple (Stout shown) & of course back home as I had a lunch appointment with a few mates.

Quite a pleasant morning apart from the tyre bill 🤑

20230811_122248.jpg

20230811_122905.jpg

20230811_122912.jpg

20230811_123224.jpg

20230811_124327.jpg

20230811_125847.jpg

20230811_130848.jpg

20230811_130937.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I found this at Aldi today had never heard of it before. You SA forum members might know it.

Not a bad drop at 7% but sadly like most so called boutique beers now lacks the body of a big beer. 

Cant pick the hops after a few sips I don't think the can says exactly what. It's hard to read small print and grey writing on a black can.

20230811_220904.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I found this at Aldi today had never heard of it before. You SA forum members might know it.

Not a bad drop at 7% but sadly like most so called boutique beers now lacks the body of a big beer. 

Cant pick the hops after a few sips I don't think the can says exactly what. It's hard to read small print and grey writing on a black can.

20230811_220904.jpg

I've seen that around the traps. Not sure where, probably First Choice, possible Dan's, too. I haven't tried it, though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have been putting wood chips in the front garden, hard work 🤣 so I thought I deserved this. I may have to have another to get my breath back. 

20230813_133942.thumb.jpg.02c065e2184e31c4eacd88173766f56f.jpg

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You are looking at $22.50 worth of one of the best stouts you will get anywhere, always reliable & consistently magnificent.

I am over these 13c days down by the sea, bring on the summer. 🏖️

20230813_145508.jpg

20230813_145654.jpg

Now that's a coincidence. I've been trying to figure out how to put woodchips into my beer to brew a clone of this $33 stout I had a look at last week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You are looking at $22.50 worth of one of the best stouts you will get anywhere, always reliable & consistently magnificent.

I am over these 13c days down by the sea, bring on the summer. 🏖️

20230813_145508.jpg

20230813_145654.jpg

100% agree. Yummy. The version of this I made with their yeast is very good. Re' 13c, you go through more of it when it's also blowing 80-90km/hr outside on the Fleurieu Coast. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1