Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Had to make a quick emergency dash down to Whyalla to pick up my boy to get him to a surgeon in Newcastle for a torn ACL. Literately just flew in, stayed overnight, packed his car in the morning and took off, sorry no time to visit the locals. But due to research and clever planning (by the airline) I had ten minutes in Adelaide Airport for a sneaky Stout from the tap. Delicious beer, but the barman could work a bit on his pouring skills as I am really not into headless beers 71153706035__EF29265C-CCE0-49C1-A51F-E87280040854.thumb.JPG.d8cf11bfed5b6a520b5c4464aee9817c.JPG

As no bottle shops were open in SA early in the morning and we didn't find one on the way, I thought that I might find a case of Coopers Draught in Mildura (being close to the border), but no luck. Found something else so.

IMG_7241.thumb.jpeg.addbb10fbd2aad487cdacfd856ee9b7f.jpeg

Yummo, tastes even better at home out of a proper beer glass.

IMG_7244.thumb.jpeg.cd3468a5d7571c9c7c5d673ce59842de.jpeg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Just couldn’t resist

IMG_7265.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

Don't talk about this! When I went to Uncle Dan's website, it told me it was ready for online order. I got excited, when I realised it was at the default "Thornlands" shop in Victoria. Looking at the Qld shops, nothing, zip, zilch, nada, niente, nix. Same crap as last year, when I managed to get my hands on a measly six-pack. Bring the stuff up here guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Don't talk about this! When I went to Uncle Dan's website, it told me it was ready for online order. I got excited, when I realised it was at the default "Thornlands" shop in Victoria. Looking at the Qld shops, nothing, zip, zilch, nada, niente, nix. Same crap as last year, when I managed to get my hands on a measly six-pack. Bring the stuff up here guys. 

I find that strange that QLD must be left out, it's a reasonable size town 🤣

Seriously though I thought Coopers had warehousing there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

I find that strange that QLD must be left out, it's a reasonable size town 🤣

Seriously though I thought Coopers had warehousing there.

I just had another look. My local still has nothing, the next closest doesn't either but they apparently have some at the Wooloongabba shop. I think I will go there durning my lunch break and hope for the best. 1st Choice is telling me they have some 2021 but nothing newer...or they haven't updated their site. Incidentally, I put my last 2020 and one of the three remaining 2021 in the fridge yesterday 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

I just had another look. My local still has nothing, the next closest doesn't either but they apparently have some at the Wooloongabba shop. I think I will go there durning my lunch break and hope for the best. 1st Choice is telling me they have some 2021 but nothing newer...or they haven't updated their site. Incidentally, I put my last 2020 and one of the three remaining 2021 in the fridge yesterday 🙂 

If all else fails one of us could send you some but there are others closer than me otherwise freight would be a killer.

31 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Flick me an email (customerservice@coopers.com.au) with your locality, AK, and I'll find some for you. Vintage Ale is landing in SEQ bottleshops today or early next week and further out by mid-Aug. Most Indies have ordered two cartons to start with. Couldn't tell you what the nationals are doing (care factor? 😜)  Cheers, Frank.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Flick me an email (customerservice@coopers.com.au) with your locality, AK, and I'll find some for you. Vintage Ale is landing in SEQ bottleshops today or early next week and further out by mid-Aug. Most Indies have ordered two cartons to start with. Couldn't tell you what the nationals are doing (care factor? 😜)  Cheers, Frank.

Thanks Frank, very much appreciated. 

I managed to get a carton after looking long and hard and had to drive a bit. The things we do for beer 🙂 

• Like 4

IMG_1018.thumb.jpg.47fb1c9c1407518b74695e963ec64fab.jpg

the timothy tamothy slamothy stout from moon dog really does live up to its name. so much flavour going on and a really long aftertaste. i wouldn't do more than drink one though, i'm on my second of the night at home and swear i can still taste this one's presence.

3 more in the work fridge too and my work mates are philistines so i'm sorted for toasty august friday beer o'clocks over the next few weeks 🍻

• Like 5

I put a six pack in the fridge, the rest goes into storage. Very nice to drink, strong like a Coopers Vintage should be, malty and surprisingly fruity. Nice aroma too. A very nice beer and I’m looking forward to trying some in one, two or three years.

IMG_9337.thumb.jpeg.1cc9cc1898ac14e2f7a45827d1bb0924.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Talus hops would be interesting in the Vintage Ale. I've really enjoyed the beers I've had with them in it. I'm gunna have to track some down.

IMG20230724211325.thumb.jpg.f8745d73ce9b11256ea8e0ddeaa66326.jpgIMG20230724211307.thumb.jpg.98ec1e7942ff0a2d2f6a2b9622e1cbdc.jpg

Absolute cracker of a beer. Very hard to believe it is 10%. I'm not even really a rum fan but it worked perfectly in this. Was sad when I took the last mouthful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

The Talus hops would be interesting in the Vintage Ale. I've really enjoyed the beers I've had with them in it. I'm gunna have to track some down.

IMG20230724211325.thumb.jpg.f8745d73ce9b11256ea8e0ddeaa66326.jpgIMG20230724211307.thumb.jpg.98ec1e7942ff0a2d2f6a2b9622e1cbdc.jpg

Absolute cracker of a beer. Very hard to believe it is 10%. I'm not even really a rum fan but it worked perfectly in this. Was sad when I took the last mouthful.

Oh, this looks very promising. I think I'll have to track this down. 

Back at Temple Brewing again, a bit of a detour on the way to the footy tonight.

IMG_20230729_162900704.thumb.jpg.9774ad7d721a7d419689a928144874ec.jpg

The Saturday market is on and, due to capacity limits, I had to wait for a few minutes until some people left before I could enter.

IMG_20230729_163737800.thumb.jpg.eabb487d2c81ebea4a420bb5950e1fa2.jpg

The market day special brew, an hazy cashew concoction, was already sold out. That was disappointing as that was half the reason for coming.

The other half of the reason for coming was the limited release Factory Hiccup Porter which I didn't manage to get around to on Thursday night.

IMG_20230729_163628466.thumb.jpg.f6a8162c47f3fdb9363eaff68a1f880d.jpg

The aroma was predominantly roasty but I could definitely detect the chocolate and blueberry flavours. My pallette lacks the sophistication to differentiate any raspberry flavours from the blueberry, chocolate, and roasty flavours so I'll just have to take their word for it.

Followed up with the New World Order Stout. It's a Brazilian brewery, not Republican. That reminds me of a joke, but this is not the joke thread.

IMG_20230729_164937214.thumb.jpg.64c87255e88e672bd0898c68ac70f65d.jpg

Coffee, chocolate and velvety, they say. Yeah, sure, I'm not gonna argue with that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1