Coopers Community

What bands / artists have you seen live over the years ?

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

What a great topic.

My list is a bit younger, but much heavier

• Iron Maiden - 4x including my first concert in 1983, front row tickets. Got my tickets for this September
  • Metallica - 2x
  • Def Leppard
  • AC/DC
  • Motorhead - 2x
  • Motley Crue - 4x
  • Disturbed
  • Trivium
  • Overkill
  • Judas Priest
  • Heart
  • Slayer - 3x
  • Megadeth
  • Black Sabbath
  • Deep Purple
  • KISS - 2x
  • Body Count
  • Helloween
  • Hammerfall
  • DragonForce
  • Kreator
  • Vader
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Halestorm
  • Journey
  • Fear Factory - will be 2x after this Friday
  • Some of the above were at 3 x Soundwave and 2 x Download festivals, plus going to Knotfest next week
  • Quite a few pub bands, some seen numerous times
  • Jimi Hocking (The Astros, Jimi the Human & Spectre 7, solo shows)
  • Geisha
  • Icehouse
  • Spy v Spy
  • The Screaming Jets
  • The Superjesus
  • No Nonsense

Impressive list. Some I would love to see, some I have seen and some I couldn't see 🙂 

• Like 3

Well, this will be a long list I think 🙂 At least if I can remember all of them.

D.R.I.
In Flames
Kreator (2x)
Sepultura
Cattle Decapitation
Satyricon
Mayhem (2x)
Iron Maiden (4x)
Alestorm (2x)
AC/DC
Saxon
Magnum
Kiss
Marillion (2x)
BAP (3x)
Cradle of Filth (3x)
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility

Accept
Lagerstein (10+x)
The Living End
My Chemical Romance
Bad Religion (3x)
NoFX
Metallica
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
The Offspring
Green Day
Anti-Flag (2x)
Testament
Anthrax
David Lee Roth
Gary Moore
Queen (once with Freddy and once with Adam Lambert)
Die Toten Hosen (3x)
Venom Inc.
Deep Purple
Insomnium
Cold Chisel
The Bay City Rollers
Queensrÿche
Mötley Crüe
Motörhead
Geoff Tate
The Rolling Stones
Bullet for my Valentine (3x)
Linking Park
Black Sabbath
Jimmy Barnes
Sham 69 (2x)
The Business
The Iron Maidens
Arch Enemy (2x)
Amon Amarth
Ozzy Osbourne
Blink 182
Pennywise
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Clout
The Spider Murphy Gang
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Sabaton
Valhalore
Destruction
Kalmah
Be'Lakor
Blasphemy

And a helluva lot more than I can't think of atm. Lots of local and smaller Aussie acts, too many to list. As you can probably guess, I love my Metal and Punk with a little sprinkle of other things mixed in. I missed a few concerts like Overkill, when a broken tap flooded the house or when I realised the concert I was going to go to was on the previous day, not when I was getting ready 🙂 More recently, I had a ticket for Behemoth but was sick. The Scorpions and Whitesnake doubleheader was cancelled 2 days before the show and then Covid hit. I had 7 tickets for shows that were all postponed or outright cancelled. I still have a ticket for Abbath, which was postponed a few times and still is. I think they're coming toward the end of the year and the ticket is still valid. 

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Well, this will be a long list I think 🙂 At least if I can remember all of them.

D.R.I.
In Flames
Kreator (2x)
Sepultura
Cattle Decapitation
Satyricon
Mayhem (2x)
Iron Maiden (4x)
Alestorm (2x)
AC/DC
Saxon
Magnum
Kiss
Marillion (2x)
BAP (3x)
Cradle of Filth (3x)
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility

Accept
Lagerstein (10+x)
The Living End
My Chemical Romance
Bad Religion (3x)
NoFX
Metallica
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
The Offspring
Green Day
Anti-Flag (2x)
Testament
Anthrax
David Lee Roth
Gary Moore
Die Toten Hosen (3x)
Venom Inc.
Deep Purple
Insomnium
Cold Chisel
The Bay City Rollers
Queensrÿche
Mötley Crüe
Motörhead
Geoff Tate
The Rolling Stones
Linking Park
Black Sabbath
Jimmy Barnes
Sham 69 (2x)
The Business
The Iron Maidens
Arch Enemy (2x)
Amon Amarth
Ozzy Osbourne
Blink 182
Pennywise
Clout
The Spider Murphy Gang
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Sabaton
Valhalore
Destruction
Kalmah
Be'Lakor
Blasphemy

And a helluva lot more than I can't think of atm. Lots of local and smaller Aussie acts, too many to list. As you can probably guess, I love my Metal and Punk with a little sprinkle of other things mixed in. I missed a few concerts like Overkill, when a broken tap flooded the house or when I realised the concert I was going to go to was on the previous day, not when I was getting ready 🙂 More recently, I had a ticket for Behemoth but was sick. The Scorpions and Whitesnake doubleheader was cancelled 2 days before the show and then Covid hit. I had 7 tickets for shows that were all postponed or outright cancelled. I still have a ticket for Abbath, which was postponed a few times and still is. I think they're coming toward the end of the year and the ticket is still valid. 

WOW - @Aussiekraut that is a lot. 
Interesting to note you have seen “Lagerstein” 10+ times - I’m thinkin you might have seen a Lagerstein many more times than that 😉😂🤣😂

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

D.R.I.
In Flames
Kreator (2x)
Sepultura
Cattle Decapitation
Satyricon
Mayhem (2x)
Iron Maiden (4x)
Alestorm (2x)
AC/DC
Saxon
Magnum
Kiss
Marillion (2x)
BAP (3x)
Cradle of Filth (3x)
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility

Accept
Lagerstein (10+x)
The Living End
My Chemical Romance
Bad Religion (3x)
NoFX
Metallica
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
The Offspring
Green Day
Anti-Flag (2x)
Testament
Anthrax
David Lee Roth
Gary Moore
Die Toten Hosen (3x)
Venom Inc.
Deep Purple
Insomnium
Cold Chisel
The Bay City Rollers
Queensrÿche
Mötley Crüe
Motörhead
Geoff Tate
The Rolling Stones
Linking Park
Black Sabbath
Jimmy Barnes
Sham 69 (2x)
The Business
The Iron Maidens
Arch Enemy (2x)
Amon Amarth
Ozzy Osbourne
Blink 182
Pennywise
Clout
The Spider Murphy Gang
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Sabaton
Valhalore
Destruction
Kalmah
Be'Lakor
Blasphemy

A very impressive list AK.  A couple on your list that I forgot to add to mine.  But plenty I would have loved to have seen, and still might.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 10:14 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

What a great topic.

My list is a bit younger, but much heavier

• Iron Maiden - 4x including my first concert in 1983, front row tickets. Got my tickets for this September
  • Metallica - 2x
  • Def Leppard
  • AC/DC
  • Motorhead - 2x
  • Motley Crue - 4x
  • Disturbed
  • Trivium
  • Overkill
  • Judas Priest
  • Heart
  • Slayer - 3x
  • Megadeth
  • Black Sabbath
  • Deep Purple
  • KISS - 2x
  • Body Count
  • Helloween
  • Hammerfall
  • DragonForce
  • Kreator
  • Vader
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Halestorm
  • Journey
  • Fear Factory - will be 2x after this Friday
  • Some of the above were at 3 x Soundwave and 2 x Download festivals, plus going to Knotfest next week
  • Quite a few pub bands, some seen numerous times
  • Jimi Hocking (The Astros, Jimi the Human & Spectre 7, solo shows)
  • Geisha
  • Icehouse
  • Spy v Spy
  • The Screaming Jets
  • The Superjesus
  • No Nonsense

New additions

• Fear Factory again 15/03/2024
  • Machine Head 15/03/2024
  • Knotfest festival in Melbourne yesterday 21/03/2024 - Anybody going to the Sydney or Brisbane shows will have a ball.  Disturbed were a highlight for me.

IMG_4312A.jpg.c655c2db55c80f7e20620cb226755972.jpg

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

New additions

• Fear Factory again 15/03/2024
  • Machine Head 15/03/2024
  • Knotfest festival in Melbourne yesterday 21/03/2024 - Anybody going to the Sydney or Brisbane shows will have a ball.  Disturbed were a highlight for me.

IMG_4312A.jpg.c655c2db55c80f7e20620cb226755972.jpg

I was thinking about it but when I saw Pantera were headlining, I lost interest. They've never been my thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

They've never been my thing.

not emo enough?  hahaaaa

Saw Cog recently... They were great

Umm

Ramones, The Cruel Sea, Jurassic 5, Reprazent, NIN, Midnight Oil, Hoodoo Gurus, Dinosaur JNR, Grinspoon, Missy Higgins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chemical Brothers, The Avalanches, Alison Wonderland, Crowded House, Exploding White Mice, DRI, Hard-Ons, New Order, Pendulum, Peking Duck, Hooligan Hefs, John Butler Trio, Billy Eilish, Hermitude, Horroshow, Sarah Blasko, Clare Bowditch, Sia, Amy Shark, Mo, The Shaman, Hilltop Hoods, Jezabels, Vera Blue, Beasts of Bourbon, Tex Don and Charlie.

Numerous DJs but then I'm into that, used to DJ myself and played some large gigs but....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ben 10 said:

not emo enough?  hahaaaa

Umm

Ramones, The Cruel Sea, Jurassic 5, Reprazent, NIN, Midnight Oil, Hoodoo Gurus, Dinosaur JNR, Grinspoon, Missy Higgins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chemical Brothers, The Avalanches, Alison Wonderland, Crowded House, Exploding White Mice, DRI, Hard-Ons, New Order, Pendulum, Peking Duck, Hooligan Hefs, John Butler Trio, Billy Eilish, Hermitude, Horroshow, Sarah Blasko, Clare Bowditch, Sia, Amy Shark, Mo, The Shaman, Hilltop Hoods, Jezabels, Vera Blue, Beasts of Bourbon, Tex Don and Charlie.

Numerous DJs but then I'm into that, used to DJ myself and played some large gigs but....

I used to work in entertainment venues, so I saw a few big names some years ago. Although I wasn't really a fan, NIN put on a BIG show, the lighting and sound was 🤌 That was on a tour with QOTSA who are great live. Also saw them with Smashing Pumpkins, who were not so great...

I'm more into death metal type stuff. I've never been super into going to shows, but some of the best gigs I saw would be Incantation, Nile, Pungent Stench, Cryptopsy and Cannibal Corpse. Don't know if any of those names would mean much to anyone here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ChairmanDrew said:

Well, most people don't care for such disgusting, obscure music. 😄

Oh OK, well you know back in the day (when Joseph played full back for Jerusalem) that's what they (lovers of Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Hank Williams, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong and Nat King Cole and the like) said about artists of the underground era: like Jimmy Hendrix, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf (and the list goes on) - its a bit like beer really, it's all a matter of taste I guess, and thankfully we're all different, hey 😉 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺

• Like 4

On 3/23/2024 at 9:51 PM, ben 10 said:

not emo enough?  hahaaaa

Umm

I have never heard of most of them & there is only one I have & they are not bad.

I am a Country fan & have never liked head-banging rock music.

But as the saying goes - each to their own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have never heard of most of them & there is only one I have & they are not bad.

I am a Country fan & have never liked head-banging rock music.

But as the saying goes - each to their own.

You listen to “both kinds of music, country and western!”🤣 

• Haha 4

On 3/24/2024 at 12:04 AM, ChairmanDrew said:

I used to work in entertainment venues, so I saw a few big names some years ago. Although I wasn't really a fan, NIN put on a BIG show, the lighting and sound was 🤌 That was on a tour with QOTSA who are great live. Also saw them with Smashing Pumpkins, who were not so great...

I'm more into death metal type stuff. I've never been super into going to shows, but some of the best gigs I saw would be Incantation, Nile, Pungent Stench, Cryptopsy and Cannibal Corpse. Don't know if any of those names would mean much to anyone here.

There is a death metal festival coming up in August at the Mansfield Tavern in Brissy. It sounds interesting and I am tossing up whether I should go or not. Psycroptic are 2nd headliner, so that'd be a reason to go but 12 hour festivals with beers available usually lead to an evening I cannot remember much of 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2024 at 9:21 PM, ben 10 said:

not emo enough?  hahaaaa

Ran out of razors 🙂 

I love my metal in many forms but some bands just don't do it for me. Pantera, Slipknot, Anthrax, there are a fair few more. I saw Anthrax at a festival many many years ago but their style just isn't my cuppa. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:04 AM, ChairmanDrew said:

I find that as well. Most people just don't understand how a man of my age can listen to that type of music. Well, they say you grow out of metal as you get older but somehow, I missed the briefing 😂

Just scored myself tickets for Suffication and Rotting Christ in April and May respectively.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Most people just don't understand how a man of my age can listen to that type of music.

Similar to me and the electronic stuff I guess.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I find that as well. Most people just don't understand how a man of my age can listen to that type of music. Well, they say you grow out of metal as you get older but somehow, I missed the briefing 😂

Just scored myself tickets for Suffication and Rotting Christ in April and May respectively.

Suffocation should be HUGE. Haven't even heard their latest, I should check it out sometime.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

ac-dc   angels  George thorogood  Cher  Tina Turner  Elton John  bb king Eric Clapton   Alanis Morrositt John Farnham  Cindy lauper  Kiss  Joe Cocker Meatloaf Tommy Emanuel  Chain  Dutch Tilders  thats just a few love music 

• Like 3