Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

Got right into it once things were cold. First cab of the rank, Hopfenweizen by Schneider. This is a curious brew as it is called a Hefeweizen IPA. So basically my favourite HW meets IPA. They kept the IBU at bay a little with 40 but it sure exceeds the typical 15 for a HW. It hits you with its bitterness but then the fruity hop flavours kick in, subsiding to leave the typical HW banana flavour. Cloves are a little overshadowed by the bitterness but overall quite a tasty beer. Do I prefer it over the classic Schneider Weisse? Nahh, I’m oldschool 😀

IMG_0471.thumb.jpeg.e13528094685f90ddbce49934bc9ce6c.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got right into it once things were cold. First cab of the rank, Hopfenweizen by Schneider. This is a curious brew as it is called a Hefeweizen IPA. So basically my favourite HW meets IPA. They kept the IBU at bay a little with 40 but it sure exceeds the typical  15 for a HW. It hits you with its bitterness but then the fruity hop flavours kick in, subsiding to leave the typical HW banana flavour. Cloves are a little overshadowed by the bitterness but overall quite a tasty beer. Do I prefer it over the classic Schneider Weisse? Nahh, I’m oldschool 😀

I love all of those German/Bavarian beers, so much flavour compared to the run of the mill mega swill out there.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got myself a twelve pack of goodies.

IMG_0468.thumb.jpeg.e65d514ec35ddeaf60055bc515cefcfd.jpeg

Beercartel?

This looks like Paradise.  Let me know what you think about the Braupakt. I have one bottle of the sixpack left. Keeping it for a special occasion. They are finished at my local Uncle Dan

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got right into it once things were cold. First cab of the rank, Hopfenweizen by Schneider. This is a curious brew as it is called a Hefeweizen IPA. So basically my favourite HW meets IPA. They kept the IBU at bay a little with 40 but it sure exceeds the typical 15 for a HW. It hits you with its bitterness but then the fruity hop flavours kick in, subsiding to leave the typical HW banana flavour. Cloves are a little overshadowed by the bitterness but overall quite a tasty beer. Do I prefer it over the classic Schneider Weisse? Nahh, I’m oldschool 😀

I love this one. It's like a lovechild between a Hefeweizen and an IPA

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Filling up my fridge for yesterdays Father's Day i found some of those in my Beerdungeon. My god it was so smooooth and good

IMG_1629.JPEG

I wish I could keep a vintage for two years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Here is my Father's Day haul.  Looking forward to getting into these.

IMG_E4553.JPG.920c12ff59e5d1200981f6eb8687f193.JPG

i brought a ctn of Angry Reg .  just make sure you have a clean pallette to enjoy it..  also start it cold and allow it to warm up  pour it into a teku style  or similar to trap in the aroma's .    its a good beer   , little dissapointing for the 10th birthday for blackmans i would have pushed the angry reg up to 10% beer to mark the celebration.

i am absolutely loving   what banks brewing are doing and the oat cream dipas , ipa's etc are sensational  

would be interested in how the Behemoth  triple chocolate milk stout  goes  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, jennyss said:

@Kegory, The man in the background had a dog, the dog turned into a phone, then he disappeared!

The passage of time wins 😉

The dog is Harry, a Great Pyrenees. Most of the dogs here are a generic mongrel. It's very rare to see a pure bred, let alone such an exotic one.

IMG_20240901_171713630.thumb.jpg.756a96abfec71e47e6c7a7948302b524.jpg

Harry is distracted by snacks.

Edited by Kegory
Doggo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

That is a very nice beer, IMO.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Some good beers there AK. The Kolsh is a beauty 

I got hold of the same Kölsch (in half litre bottles), it’s a lovely drop.

I have one on the go at the moment, it’s been a week in the fermenting fridge at 14C and looks almost ready for cold crashing.

I’ll try to lager it for at least a month, stocks ain’t looking too bad.

IMG_4350.jpeg

IMG_4340.jpeg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

I wonder if this means “The Shovel from Hell”?

Maybe @Pezzza @Brauhaus Fritzor @Aussiekraut can enlighten?

Mmmm - Spaten is pretty decent Bier - but in Hannover (Niedersachsen FRG) - years ago I did have a huge night on Spaten and ended up with a terrible terrible headache... But - maybe it was lack of hydration prior to the festivities and smoking a thousand filthy durries during the fun - but it did make me think that the shovel was associated with someone belting you over the head with a Spaten shovel ; )

At my time in Hannover - we did not stray from the below and I would recommend Einbecker to everyone - like from 1378 and still making good beer.. 

https://www.einbecker.de/home.html

image.thumb.png.276d6338b0904a51f0ecc6dda2af1465.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2