Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

55 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What a day, not only is @ozdevil & his wife in town, a quiet drink at Phil's Bar & Grill turned into a party.

Some of my neighbours came over & then I enjoyed  some of the high octane beers he so generously shared with me, wow, so good & strong, check out the ABV.

A good night with good people,  thank you so much mate. 

20240815_165508.jpg

20240815_165759.jpg

20240815_165819.jpg

mate glad you enjoyed the devils company  and his potent ways, 

i do thankyou for your hospitality  and the company of your party Animals and Annie

we finished the day off at Glenelg bbq inn    on jetty road reccomended by the bar keep of big shed  brewing 

this joint is packed   so need to book  if going we was just fortunate  a couple walked out as we walked in

i was tossing up on the texes t-bone for $59  for 850 grams   , i thought hmm  that is huge to what i have seen on other tables and on display   so went the $50 buck t-bone and wow ,  i am nearly thinking of going again tommorow

arrrgh well now sitting back relaxing watching the light show the good man is sending us in SA

once again @Classic Brewing Co i was a sober person before i met you  lol.    but still great bud  if i get time  we may catch up for a final drink before heading back , but no promises

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i am left handed so it comes natural lol

HA - well good job and well prepared I say 👌

Of course you need to be mindful of the next step on from that @ozdevil, and that’s when you end up talkin braille which is not at all easy to do with any level of competency 🫣 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

mate glad you enjoyed the devils company  and his potent ways, 

i do thankyou for your hospitality  and the company of your party Animals and Annie

we finished the day off at Glenelg bbq inn    on jetty road reccomended by the bar keep of big shed  brewing 

this joint is packed   so need to book  if going we was just fortunate  a couple walked out as we walked in

i was tossing up on the texes t-bone for $59  for 850 grams   , i thought hmm  that is huge to what i have seen on other tables and on display   so went the $50 buck t-bone and wow ,  i am nearly thinking of going again tommorow

arrrgh well now sitting back relaxing watching the light show the good man is sending us in SA

once again @Classic Brewing Co i was a sober person before i met you  lol.    but still great bud  if i get time  we may catch up for a final drink before heading back , but no promises

OD, I hope we can, I enjoyed every minute,  I hope other brewers get the chance to interact with others, it is a great to actually meet up in person with similar interests, even though they bring around beers with a 10.5% ABV 😁

My group of neighbours & friends enjoyed you & your wife's company  & thank you for the opportunity to catch up.

Jetty Road dining is getting out of hand regarding prices, I took Heather for a drink there last week & we had 2 beers, 1 x burger, 1 x fish & chips, 2 glasses of wine & it was $95.00.

No wonder I like to brew my own, being a ex chef helps too.

Enjoy the rest of your stay & be safe mate.

• Like 7

Serendipity IPA @ Tallboy & Moose

IMG_20240816_185816860.thumb.jpg.48dbaa95da0f2a233094397a1eb7297c.jpg

This beer won the Merri Mashers IPA comp and has now been brewed commercially by Tallboy & Moose (Deedes used to brew the comp winner until they fell over). I'd describe it as a Schwartz IPA.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Serendipity IPA @ Tallboy & Moose

IMG_20240816_185816860.thumb.jpg.48dbaa95da0f2a233094397a1eb7297c.jpg

This beer won the Merri Mashers IPA comp and has now been brewed commercially by Tallboy & Moose (Deedes used to brew the comp winner until they fell over). I'd describe it as a Schwartz IPA.

MMMMM sounds good 😋 - I do like the roastiness of the schwarzbier style
I'm enjoying a Black Beard Schwarzbier lately. I can taste of the Hallertau Mittlefrueh Hops as called for in a 15min bittering boil, but I think it could be further enhanced further with a bigger noble hit with a dry hop of Tettnanger. 

• Like 4

On 8/14/2024 at 9:31 PM, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

When in Thialand all good thirst quenchers in hot weather 

20240814_182620.jpg

20240814_173202.jpg

20240809_140227.jpg

I always go for local beers, wherever I go. Those Asian beers seem to be extra good as thirst quenchers in steaming climates. When you leave your hotel and cross 2 streets before you are wringing wet and ready for a new t-shirt, a nice cold asian lager is a blessing. In Singapore and Malaysia I lived mainly on Tiger and Singha, in Bali, it was the ubiquitous Bintang of course and some Singaraja. 

These were the thirst quenchers. Stark's in Kuta on Bali has some nice craft beers (even better after walking from Legian all the way to the other side of Kuta in the blistering heat and brutal humidity, fighting off all the street vendors, shop owners and cabs) and Brewerks in Singapore has some very tasty offerings too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

A red bock from a local brewery in San Marino. A bit malty but quite palatable.

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_4199.jpeg

Mate there's a lot of lingo I don't understand on that label, but I'm pretty sure its sayin' serve at 8-10 degrees - What The F@#k !
I thought you were in Italy, not London ! - did you want a pork pie with that sir 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It makes me wonder how Dan Murphy's can sell these for $15.00, I realise the buying power thing but it's good for the consumer. 

Not my favourite Coopers beer but at that price, who cares, it's beer.

20240821_144031.thumb.jpg.e785806cef7330fbec4e0178c902c5d7.jpg

I like it so much I am planning back-to-back extract and all grain versions of this beer in about 2 months.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Now this one is a very nice and interesting brew. If you get a chance get one, you won’t regret it. The flavour of a great Hefeweizen with the body and bitterness of a Blonde Ale. And with 6.5% quite punchy

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

Oh yeah, I beat and the term on the label “WATOU” at 6.5% ABV is actually intended for the following sentence if you drink more than 3 stubbies of it… 

“OI ! - WATOU TINK YA DOIN MATE”. 🤤
or

“WATOU READ BRAILLE MATE, CAUSE YA TALKIN IT PRETTY GOOD” 😂🤣😂

First time I’ve actually had Coopers Sparkling Ale as far as I recall, on special at BWS for $20. Good value these days for 5.8%! Not surprisingly an excellent beer. Light classic POR aroma, pleasant malty flavour, nice finish.

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

First time I’ve actually had Coopers Sparkling Ale as far as I recall, on special at BWS for $20. Good value these days for 5.8%! Not surprisingly an excellent beer. Light classic POR aroma, pleasant malty flavour, nice finish.

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

Great beer, IMHO.

• Like 1