Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

18 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

A Pint of Little Creatures. Didn’t have this one before. Nice and hoppy without being perfumed or fruity, slightly sweet with a great mouthfeel and body. Unfortunately not cheap so I have to savour this one

IMG_1019.jpeg

That is an excellent beer,  I quite often buy those on special- 3 for $20.00, great brewing bottles too.

• Like 5

On 4/26/2024 at 3:35 PM, Back Brewing said:

What you doing in Buffalo? Didn't know you were going overseas 

More like what is a Leo doing in Buffalo? Haven't drank one of those in close to 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChairmanDrew said:

More like what is a Leo doing in Buffalo? Haven't drank one of those in close to 20 years.

I believe it came from the Aldi in Korumburra (or maybe Leongatha)

15 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

A Pint of Little Creatures. Didn’t have this one before. Nice and hoppy without being perfumed or fruity, slightly sweet with a great mouthfeel and body. Unfortunately not cheap so I have to savour this one

IMG_1019.jpeg

The fresher ones do have a slight floral aroma.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I thought I would sneak another go at the Stout,  yeah, now we are talking,  a nicely carbed, easy drinking beer.

20240503_163440.thumb.jpg.b7cd4e58c8c9638f57a9c1f08f2a0fcf.jpg

Is that an AG or kit Classic? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

TBH, I have to say a kit, it's as good as any AG Stout I have ever attempted. 

I think the S-04 had a lot to do with it.

I've done the dark ale/stout toucan a few times. Did you brew the Coopers Stout kit with S-04 no hops etc? 

I need to get a Stout going for winter leaving it a bit late! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hilltop hops said:

I've done the dark ale/stout toucan a few times. Did you brew the Coopers Stout kit with S-04 no hops etc? 

Exactly,  I  didn't think the hops were necessary however I am doing another on the weekend with an addition of Dark LME & Fuggles, maybe with chocolate nibs.

Just the weather for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

I found an AG Irish stout on brewfather straight and simple I'm brewing it on Sunday

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I managed to get a 4- pack of this great beer before it is pulled of the shelves. 

Rumour has it, that it will be soon, very sad as I really like this, it will be sad to see it go.

20240505_171357.thumb.jpg.54d2fb054c79629365a43c61823233b0.jpg

I am going to brew it firstly as a kit brew, and then if I can get it right, as an AG brew. I haven't sampled the Coopers commercial version but I will see how it goes in the kit version. I have heard very good reports about this beer though so looking forward to trying it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I am going to brew it firstly as a kit brew, and then if I can get it right, as an AG brew. I haven't sampled the Coopers commercial version but I will see how it goes in the kit version. I have heard very good reports about this beer though so looking forward to trying it.

It is exceptional, I reckon the kit version would taste every bit as good as the AG version. 

20 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I managed to get a 4- pack of this great beer before it is pulled of the shelves. 

Rumour has it, that it will be soon, very sad as I really like this, it will be sad to see it go.

That's a bummer. I haven't been able to track it down at all in my area. 

• Sad 1

On 5/5/2024 at 8:19 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice glass🤣🍻

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 7:49 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

We are running low, Classic, but we haven't run out just yet (in SA). The good news is, we've still got a few kegs, so this very tasty beer will be available on tap for a little while longer. Cheers, Frank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

We are running low, Classic, but we haven't run out just yet (in SA). The good news is, we've still got a few kegs, so this very tasty beer will be available on tap for a little while longer. Cheers, Frank.

Good stuff Frank, thanks for the update. I better grab some more ASAP. 🍺

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I remember when I was working full-time & to be able to edit photos like this, we had to have expensive software which I still have but due to the wonders of technology, I did it on my phone. 

Oh, bloody good beer too. 🤣

20240507_143251.thumb.jpg.a102b66ffbe5c88c3099e0105f8bfd2f.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 5

While my husband and I enjoyed a few days away in Tamworth we discovered the Welder's Dog. The beer is brewed in Armidale, with bars in Armidale, Tamworth and Inverell. The Tamworth Welder's Dog was a lovely place to relax and enjoy very good beer. The photos show the remains of a tasting paddle, a list of the beers currently on tap, a chalk drawing celebrating our canine friends, and one of the yummiest beers I have ever tasted: The Welder's Dog Darkwood IPA - So malty and hoppy and lip-smacking good!

20240503_170321[1].jpg

20240505_155706[1].jpg

20240505_160527[1].jpg

20240507_170930[1].jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

While my husband and I enjoyed a few days away in Tamworth we discovered the Welder's Dog. The beer is brewed in Armidale, with bars in Armidale, Tamworth and Inverell. The Tamworth Welder's Dog was a lovely place to relax and enjoy very good beer. The photos show the remains of a tasting paddle, a list of the beers currently on tap, a chalk drawing celebrating our canine friends, and one of the yummiest beers I have ever tasted: The Welder's Dog Darkwood IPA - So malty and hoppy and lip-smacking good!

20240503_170321[1].jpg

20240505_155706[1].jpg

20240505_160527[1].jpg

20240507_170930[1].jpg

Good stuff Jenny,  you should be inspired to create something similar 😀 

• Like 2