Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

The food looks tasty.

As for the beer, looks like a Maisel's Kristall in the background and a Hefe at the front. Maisel's is one of the largest wheat beer brewers in Germany. It is like a Schöfferhofer, which is fine if there is nothing else to drink 🙂 The biggest problem with Maisel's is that it comes from Bayreuth, which is in Upper Franconia, so not the real Bavaria. Upper and Lower Bavarians do not think Franconia is proper Bavaria and the Franconians don't really want to be Bavarian 🙂 They even speak a different dialect to the aforementioned, who speak Austro-Bavarian. 

Interesting stuff AK cheers for that

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 6:02 PM, Pale Man said:

My Daughter and her partner had a feed in a German Pub in Hahndorf. She said it was divine.  The Wheat Beer on tap I've never heard of but she loved that too.

I have to agree @Pale Man, we must have dined out at nearly every joint in Hahndorf during our last couple of trips and the Haus wins hands down.  Unfortunately we found out it was good just before leaving on the first trip so only got to go there twice.  Second trip we just made a B-Line for it whenever we wanted a proper dine out meal rather than pub grub or cafe style fair.  The bonus is that they have a good range of the Weihenstephaner beers on tap.  I also highly recommend the Haus for excellent meals, beers and good service. 👍

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Smoked some beef ribs. Been a while and they're charging steak prices now! 7.5 hrs tender and tasty. 

Looks sensational mate. I'm in Victoria and the brisket KG price is through the roof - a bit sad really. 30 years ago they couldn't give it away. 🤣

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks sensational mate. I'm in Victoria and the brisket KG price is through the roof - a bit sad really. 30 years ago they couldn't give it away. 🤣

Yeah, it's a bit like the Pork Hocks, the dog used to get them, now they are considered gourmet.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Breakfast this morning.

yEM2WO.gif

I thought 'Oh goody, a new post on What's on the menu.' @Pale Man - That is gross.Not what I wanted to look at!

Edited by jennyss
  • Haha 2

Another steak, lovely piece of meat. Followed by a local Belgian cheese called Herve. I’ve had a few stinky cheeses in my time but this one is an outright winner. If you imagine what it would be like to leave a full nappy in the boot of your car in the sun for a while. Tastes alright though. 

IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A 1.2 kg Beef about to go in the oven, I have scored it & inserted garlic & rosemary. 

All the usual roast vegetables/gravy of course, did I  say red wine. 

20240616_171236.thumb.jpg.a7dc50a59a88f1bf4e5e7a2bd2858277.jpg

All done, a bit rough & the lens all steamed up but it was superb, no gravy,  just hot English Mustard and some wine. 

20240616_190232.thumb.jpg.80fe161d02121a32307f009a59808d8b.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/16/2024 at 3:45 PM, stquinto said:

Another steak, lovely piece of meat. Followed by a local Belgian cheese called Herve. I’ve had a few stinky cheeses in my time but this one is an outright winner. If you imagine what it would be like to leave a full nappy in the boot of your car in the sun for a while. Tastes alright though. 

IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

Oh Yummo!!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

All done, a bit rough & the lens all steamed up but it was superb, no gravy,  just hot English Mustard and some wine. 

Looks delicious but too healthy for you ol chop.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

When me and Jules visit we'll expect some greasy finger food to line our guts for the concert.

I'll trade off with some good beers.

• Haha 1