Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

On 7/21/2024 at 2:21 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

That's an interesting question you ask there.

Pale Ale can have Wheat in it but not be considered a Wheat Beer.

I think, once you use Wheat Yeast, then it makes it a Wheat Beer.

But I was wondering what beer is it if you use a Wheat Yeast, but do not have any Wheat in the fermentables?  Would you even do that?

By the way, what a great looking beer.  I love the glass too.

Hey @Shamus O'Sean, I might be wrong (no doubt @Aussiekraut would be able correct me), but I am sure I once read that a wheat beer must have at least 50% or greater of wheat grist in the total grain bill to be known as a weiss beer.

Here's a short article which describes the difference some of the weiss style beers What is: Wheat Beer vs. Witbier vs. Hefeweizen

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Hey @Shamus O'Sean, I might be wrong (no doubt @Aussiekraut would be able correct me), but I am sure I once read that a wheat beer must have at least 50% or greater of wheat grist in the total grain bill to be known as a weiss beer.

Here's a short article which describes the difference some of the weiss style beers What is: Wheat Beer vs. Witbier vs. Hefeweizen

Yes, that is right. Some use up to 70% but 50 is the minimum for a Weizen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are drinking Brew 56, a Coopers Amber Ale (not too keen on it), Brew 57, a Woolworths Lager, and Brew 58, a yummy Coopers Pale Ale.

Bottled today and now in the waiting room are Brew 59, a Coopers Pale Ale, and Brew 60, a Woolworths Lager. Some of the Coopers boxes are showing a bit of wear and tear!

20240727_160401[1].jpg

20240727_160517[1].jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, jennyss said:

We are drinking Brew 56, a Coopers Amber Ale (not too keen on it), Brew 57, a Woolworths Lager, and Brew 58, a yummy Coopers Pale Ale.

Bottled today and now in the waiting room are Brew 59, a Coopers Pale Ale, and Brew 60, a Woolworths Lager. Some of the Coopers boxes are showing a bit of wear and tear!

20240727_160401[1].jpg

20240727_160517[1].jpg

And the production line ticks along 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

If you have other brews to drink, Let the Amber sit for another 4 weeks, I have found that a brew that's not too good early can improve with a bit of extra age.

I let all of my Ambers sit for 8  weeks before trying and the Dark ales sit for 10 or more before trying.

This will not suit everyone, but if you have the bottles and the space, give it a go!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jennyss said:

20240727_160401[1].jpg

20240727_160517[1].jpg

Good to see you building up stocks Jenny, as @DavidM suggests most brews will improve with age as long as they are properly stored, unless of course you have heavily hopped them which are better drank within a few weeks.

I used to use the strong wine cartons with the cardboard dividers to store bottles, any bottle shop will gladly hand a few over if you ask. They are very sturdy & can be used many times.

• Like 1