Coopers Community

Ashes 2023

Hilltop hops

6 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Yeah. 2 down not looking good. Warner saying he wants to retire at the SCG this year. He should be retired after this test. He is Broads bunny!!

He's assuming he doesn't get dropped!, Steve Waugh said similar not long ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Go Aussies tonight in the Test, although the Poms have rolled a green seamer out to help them.

‘Have to play Starc over Boland, no brainer on this strip. 

Yeah I fully expected a green top for the 2nd Test after Bazball and England lost the 1st Test. It will be an interesting match and hopefully the Australian batting lineup is up for the task, looked a little brittle at Edgbaston.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 7:01 PM, kmar92 said:

Yeah I fully expected a green top for the 2nd Test after Bazball and England lost the 1st Test. It will be an interesting match and hopefully the Australian batting lineup is up for the task, looked a little brittle at Edgbaston.

Yeah I agree about the Aussies batting being brittle @kmar92

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I can't believe so much drama over a stumping lol. English fans with verbal and physical abuse towards Aussie players. 

What a bunch of morons and sore losers makes them look silly.

I think that the behaviour of the Members in the Long Room was appalling, a far cry from the traditions of the Long Room and the Members of the MCC.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I can't believe so much drama over a stumping lol. English fans with verbal and physical abuse towards Aussie players. 

What a bunch of morons and sore losers makes them look silly.

Spot on, it was fair. The umpires hadnt called over and Carey threw the ball pretty much instantly. Word is Bairstow tried it two days ago on Labachagne but missed.

As for the Long Room Gits, too many warm pints of ale, backed up with copious glasses of sherry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I think that the behaviour of the Members in the Long Room was appalling, a far cry from the traditions of the Long Room and the Members of the MCC.

exactly right , wether they thought it was in the spirit or not,  and i bet  if johnny bairstowe did it lusbuschange these geezers wouldnt be saying nothging and patting johnny on the back.

sour grapes on them

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't comment much in any of the sport posts as I am not fussed about it.

Regarding the cricket, I have never played it, don't understand or watch it but it is good to see AUS winning. 

I should say 'hear' it. 🤣

Is there one game to go? 

Phil. Ashes series are 5 Tests so another 3 to go. England has to win the next 3 Tests to take the Ashes, Australia has to win 1 to retain the Ashes. Australia also have the advantage of holding the Ashes so if the series ended 2 each we will retain the Ashes. We are sitting well in the series.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1