Coopers Community

New gear has arrived.

Red devil 44

8 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

What size Kegmenter mate? i'm about to start using a couple 118L Kegmenters and have no real idea on how i'm going to clean it haha, i was thinking 
The bucket blaster but not sure if it will sit on the frame it comes with.

My kegmenter is just the baby 29l so I do not know whether a 118l would work with a bucket blaster. The kegmenter actually sits on the 4" triclover opening resting on the frame of the bucket blaster so that part should work. Maybe the only problem would be the weight of a 118l kegmenter may be too much for the bucket blaster frame, then again maybe not as the frame is not flimsy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kmar92 said:

My kegmenter is just the baby 29l so I do not know whether a 118l would work with a bucket blaster. The kegmenter actually sits on the 4" triclover opening resting on the frame of the bucket blaster so that part should work. Maybe the only problem would be the weight of a 118l kegmenter may be too much for the bucket blaster frame, then again maybe not as the frame is not flimsy.

Thanks for that mate, my thoughts were exactly that too, I'm pretty confident the pump has enough head pressure on it to reach the base of the 118L, Worth a shot 👍 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Hoppy, those monster tanks you have sound like cleaning them could be a chore, it makse me wonder how the breweries get on.

But of course, with your svelte, exiguous frame I am sure you could climb inside & give them a good scrub. 

No problemo 😁

Hahahaha, quite the opposite frame to what you've described, I don't think I have much of me that can fit through the 4 inch hole 😅

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Thanks for that mate, my thoughts were exactly that too, I'm pretty confident the pump has enough head pressure on it to reach the base of the 118L, Worth a shot 👍 

i would go the next size pump and i would agree  that it has enough to reach the bottom of the kegmentor  where the gunk is , but is it strong enough pressure to disperse the gunk

i am confident the frame work will hold the 118l kegmenter  

i would also look at attaching the cip ball  

another way would be getting a length of pipe the same but make it a little bit longer   and maybe  with a reducer and smaller pipe  to get more pressure 

Just a thought

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hoppy81 , just buy yourself a K'a'rcher pressure washer.  Your whole brewery,  outdoor BBQ's, car's, driveway, brickwork and boat will love it.  I have the 58 L Kegmenter and I have a K'a'rcher attachment that is designed to clean house guttering (slight bend in the long wand tip) and that is perfect to shoot high pressure in via the Kegmenter opening.  And for you of course, it will be 100 % tax deductible.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Hoppy81 , just buy yourself a K'a'rcher pressure washer.  Your whole brewery,  outdoor BBQ's, car's, driveway, brickwork and boat will love it.  I have the 58 L Kegmenter and I have a K'a'rcher attachment that is designed to clean house guttering (slight bend in the long wand tip) and that is perfect to shoot high pressure in via the Kegmenter opening.  And for you of course, it will be 100 % tax deductible.

Exactly what my Wife said to buy too, makes sense. Cheers mate 🍻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Exactly what my Wife said to buy too, makes sense. Cheers mate 🍻

Yeah a pressure washer would be good. One advantage of the bucket blaster though is that it not only cleans the keg, but also the posts and dip tubes at the same time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Yeah a pressure washer would be good. One advantage of the bucket blaster though is that it not only cleans the keg, but also the posts and dip tubes at the same time.

Yeah that's what attracted me to the bucket blaster, I'm getting one anyway as I clean roughly 12 kegs a month and it's about to double so I need something that can help take some manual labour out of it haha

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Yeah that's what attracted me to the bucket blaster, I'm getting one anyway as I clean roughly 12 kegs a month and it's about to double so I need something that can help take some manual labour out of it haha

Mate you may as well get a dozen more bucket blasters then you can have them cleaned all at once 😁

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just in time for my second homebrew:

IMG_20230508_170610301.thumb.jpg.dcdbf4672c965ab0b9eb34ab54b114e9.jpg

a box large enough to cover the big fermenter. To tell the truth it's probably big enough to put the little fermenter in there, too, next to it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kegory said:

Just in time for my second homebrew:

IMG_20230508_170610301.thumb.jpg.dcdbf4672c965ab0b9eb34ab54b114e9.jpg

a box large enough to cover the big fermenter. To tell the truth it's probably big enough to put the little fermenter in there, too, next to it.

My winter-time fermentation chamber of choice.  Ambient temperature stops the brew getting too warm.  The heat belt stops it getting too cold.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

My winter-time fermentation chamber of choice.  Ambient temperature stops the brew getting too warm.  The heat belt stops it getting too cold.

I used to use the box that my Waeco Car Fridge came in, it was big enough to house a Coopers large fermenter & fully lined with wood & also insulated.

I created a door for it & it lasted for years, I even had a port for the power cords, I ended up giving it to a mate who was just starting home brewing, I started collecting fridges instead. 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kegory said:

I picked this one up on Friday but just got the batteries for.

IMG_20230806_170939215.thumb.jpg.28b14380ecbbe4f5cc5043644152f1ae.jpg

Hopefully it won't schiz out when the fan switches off like my other two. Only cost $3 more than the other pieces of carp.

I have seen those in Hydroponic shops, you can grow tomatoes & 'other stuff' with them. 😉

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have seen those in Hydroponic shops, you can grow tomatoes & 'other stuff' with them. 😉

That's where I got it. I went there the week before last to get a heating mat to put under the tub the fermenter is sitting in (with the wet towel and fan cooling system) in an attempt to stabilize the temperature during the planned power cuts the electricity company is helpfully providing while I'm trying to brew a lager.

I almost got it at the time but it's a non-critical piece of equipment so I spent a few days thinking about it. The bloke said I could return it if it reacts the same to the fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

New gear has arrived - Picked up from the Post Office today: 4 extracts, 7 light dry malts, 1 BE3,  and 25g each of Cascade, Citra, Galaxy and Mosaic hops!

Brew supplies!.jpg

Excellent selection @jennyss.

I'm just waiting for my delivery to arrive. They said between 2 & 4 and it's 10 past 3 now. I just got back from the golf course and there wasn't any note on the door saying they'd already been so they should be here soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

New gear has arrived - Picked up from the Post Office today: 4 extracts, 7 light dry malts, 1 BE3,  and 25g each of Cascade, Citra, Galaxy and Mosaic hops!

Brew supplies!.jpg

Awesome Jenny, the Rabbit Hole is drawing you in closer 🐇 it was always going to happen. 🤣

I wish you well with your choices you have made, just sing out if you need any help with anyone of them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jennyss said:

Brew supplies!.jpg

The Golden Crown Lager and the 86 Days Pilsner both have lager yeasts.  You might want to try and get these on while it is still cooler.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Good point Shamus, I nearly commented but it is important to take advantage of the colder weather while it is still looming.

• Like 2

Thanks @Shamus O'Sean and @Classic Brewing Co,  These extracts will now be top of our brewing list after the European Lager. I am enjoying my ROTM Old Town Lager brewed last month. My hoppy pale ales will have to wait!

Our other 'big' news is that after all the encouragement we are going to get a second fermenter and have two brews going.  The laundry and other storage spaces have already been re-configured. It will be into BigW for our purchase on Sunday. 

Cost wise; all the new gear in the photo averages out at $2.06 per litre of beer, but Tooheys New is still much more expensive at $4.97 per litre!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Thanks @Shamus O'Sean and @Classic Brewing Co,  These extracts will now be top of our brewing list after the European Lager. I am enjoying my ROTM Old Town Lager brewed last month. My hoppy pale ales will have to wait!

Our other 'big' news is that after all the encouragement we are going to get a second fermenter and have two brews going.  The laundry and other storage spaces have already been re-configured. It will be into BigW for our purchase on Sunday. 

Cost wise; all the new gear in the photo averages out at $2.06 per litre of beer, but Tooheys New is still much more expensive at $4.97 per litre!

Great news Jenny, you won't be sorry with the second fermenter, I ended up with about 8, I have had 5-6 brews going at one time but usually these days 2-3.

Idle fermenters can still be put to work, for example when I am getting ready for a brew, the day before, I clean & sanitise a couple & fill them with water from the Puratap & leave them uncovered overnight or a couple of days & this process helps remove chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, aluminum etc. & gives you a clearer, better tasting water  for brewing.

I also always have 1 or 2 filled with sanitiser diluted to the correct measure (StellerSan) & you always have it on hand as well as a couple of spray bottles.

All you need now is a couple of fridges, temp controllers & heat belts. 🐇🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1