Coopers Community

New gear has arrived.

Red devil 44

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Great news Jenny, you won't be sorry with the second fermenter, I ended up with about 8, I have had 5-6 brews going at one time but usually these days 2-3.

Idle fermenters can still be put to work, for example when I am getting ready for a brew, the day before, I clean & sanitise a couple & fill them with water from the Puratap & leave them uncovered overnight or a couple of days & this process helps remove chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, aluminum etc. & gives you a clearer, better tasting water  for brewing.

I also always have 1 or 2 filled with sanitiser diluted to the correct measure (StellerSan) & you always have it on hand as well as a couple of spray bottles.

All you need now is a couple of fridges, temp controllers & heat belts. 🐇🤣

That's quite a production line you've got going there, Phil.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kegory said:

That's quite a production line you've got going there, Phil.

As some other brewers would agree, over years you develop short cuts, improve & refine your techniques & in turn are able to simplify & speed up the whole process.

This also applies to cleaning, sanitation, storing etc. I always find if you have a system & stick to it, you will find brew/bottling/kegging days a lot easier.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Thanks @Shamus O'Sean and @Classic Brewing Co,  These extracts will now be top of our brewing list after the European Lager. I am enjoying my ROTM Old Town Lager brewed last month. My hoppy pale ales will have to wait!

Our other 'big' news is that after all the encouragement we are going to get a second fermenter and have two brews going.  The laundry and other storage spaces have already been re-configured. It will be into BigW for our purchase on Sunday. 

Cost wise; all the new gear in the photo averages out at $2.06 per litre of beer, but Tooheys New is still much more expensive at $4.97 per litre!

Hoppy lagers are a thing now. Just sayin 😉

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Great suggestions thank @Classic Brewing Co. But those last 🐇🐇 can hop away for the moment! We have been through two summers and two winters with our current laundry/brew room. It suits for sanitising, lifting and filling purposes. And our power bill (heater and fan) has not increased greatly.

All good, Confucius say " If it's not broken - don't try & fix it" 🦉

• Like 2