Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

We’ve a fairly early flight tomorrow, so I asked my son what he wanted to eat at home for his birthday. “I’ll let you know”, says he. “I’ll get some steak”, I said, with the wisdom that comes with age. “How do you know that’s what I want?”, he replied with youthful optimism… 

“Spinach quiche?”… “

“Steak it is then”

satisfying to be proven right 😉

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

IMG_0998.jpeg

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, stquinto said:

We’ve a fairly early flight tomorrow, so I asked my son what he wanted to eat at home for his birthday. “I’ll let you know”, says he. “I’ll get some steak”, I said, with the wisdom that comes with age. “How do you know that’s what I want?”, he replied with youthful optimism… 

“Spinach quiche?”… “

“Steak it is then”

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

IMG_0998.jpeg

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

Nice, but .... 

dracula-cartoon-character-halloween-vampire-png.webp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

“Steak it is then”

I am always amazed at how you cook your Steaks with that beautiful Rare (to Blue) look and the crust on the outside!

I serve mine the same way but never with such a thick slab of steak and I find it hard to get the crust on the outside while still having the Blue look on the inside.

Fantastic...

• Like 2

Thanks David 👍

If they’re thick enough (at least two inches) I’ll do them in the oven at 80C from cold. Alternatively sous vide at 53C. Then sear them, the best for me (if not on the Weber) is a heavy stainless steel pan . You can really get the heat up, much better than the cast iron griddle pans ( even if they give you the lines). 
If I go for the reverse sear (the main cooking from the oven), I aim for 9 degrees less than the final temperature (44C then), and sear them after. Works for me, but they have to be fairly thick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

“Spinach quiche?”… “

“Steak it is then”

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

IMG_0998.jpeg

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

Perfection Sainter - as usual. By the look of the chips they are next level my friend. You can and should take the rest of the WEEK off!😂

• Haha 1

Nothing to flash at Classic Brewing Co for lunch, already had one lot of neighbours here & then next door for a drink. 

A quick prawn entree, the Turkey roast is in the oven, I will do crispy roast potatoes in the air fryer & some steamed veg. 

Then I have another lot coming over for drinks 🍸

Enjoy your day. 🍻🍸💥

20231225_123037.jpg

20231225_115501.jpg

• Like 5

I butterflied a whole chicken earlier,  marinated & seasoned it with the intention of having all of the nice roast potatoes,  steamed vegetables, gravy but I will probably just end up cutting a portion of & having a few chips & salad with it.

Blame my lovely neighbours,  after a skinfull, you hardly feel like it.

There will be plenty left over to create other meals with it. 

20231228_194947.thumb.jpg.fbaf7edf5674dea0310f3d72374481e9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not an interesting photo but a good story. Our tomatoes have gone absolutely gang busters this year. We have way too many. So Mrs Paley has cooked up a sauce with home grown basil and garlic. She's reducing it to a thicker paste. Home made pizza sauce right there. It's divine.

IMG_20231229_190515_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

On 12/29/2023 at 7:11 PM, Pale Man said:

Not an interesting photo but a good story. Our tomatoes have gone absolutely gang busters this year. We have way too many. So Mrs Paley has cooked up a sauce with home grown basil and garlic. She's reducing it to a thicker paste. Home made pizza sauce right there. It's divine.

IMG_20231229_190515_HDR.jpg

Thanks, Paley, for the inspiration. We needed tomatoes and onions at home and my wife and I both bought some without telling each other. So we ended up with too many.

Rather than them go to waste I made Bhuna Masala, which is simply a curry sauce. I'll have some with chicken tonight and freeze the rest for another meal. It can be pureed but I'll leave it as is for now.

IMG20231231121806.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Malter White said:

Thanks, Paley, for the inspiration. We needed tomatoes and onions at home and my wife and I both bought some without telling each other. So we ended up with too many.

Rather than them go to waste I made Bhuna Masala, which is simply a curry sauce. I'll have some with chicken tonight and freeze the rest for another meal. It can be pureed but I'll leave it as is for now.

IMG20231231121806.jpg

Looks just fine too M Dubbya.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks just fine too M Dubbya.

I'm not an accomplished cook, Mick, but it does taste pretty good. I guess it's hard to go wrong with Indian spices and one pot. 😁
By the way, your bacon looks great. Is it grilled rather than fried? I can never seem to get bacon that rich, dark colour but I fry mine usually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I'm not an accomplished cook, Mick, but it does taste pretty good. I guess it's hard to go wrong with Indian spices and one pot. 😁
By the way, your bacon looks great. Is it grilled rather than fried? I can never seem to get bacon that rich, dark colour but I fry mine usually.

Bacon was oven baked. Always go the streaky bacon because it's heart smart. 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Malter White said:

IMG20231231121806.jpg

So I'm reporting back on this one. It turned out really well.

Didn't need to puree it after I put it back on the stove and added some spuds, carrots, chicken, peas and corn. Then a bit of cream to silken it up a bit and it was smooth and tasty.

I'm a bit proud of myself. I didn't expect it to turn out this nice.

IMG20231231193514.jpg

• Like 6