Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

So I'm reporting back on this one. It turned out really well.

Didn't need to puree it after I put it back on the stove and added some spuds, carrots, chicken, peas and corn. Then a bit of cream to silken it up a bit and it was smooth and tasty.

I'm a bit proud of myself. I didn't expect it to turn out this nice.

IMG20231231193514.jpg

Looks really good Malter! Good and hot I take it?

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

@Tricky Micky great looking feeds all through this thread there MickyBoy.  I gotta ask, do you have shares in a prawn farm, because I want IN?

@iBooz2😂

No I don't have shares in any dodgy prawn companies - what I do know however is that I've stumbled onto a ripping deal for frozen wild caught Aussie prawns - peeled in Oz and are sold at a bargain price. $33.00 a kilo. We get at least 6 feeds outta each bag. I figure that's good value. $33.00 bucks these days buys a steak and a half. 

413838968_7766491886697479_9058879889014048351_n.jpg

413418299_3242469049380407_3464545760566461051_n.jpg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks a cracking piece of meat Phil, bet ya it tasted fantastic.

Yep, I made slits for garlic & rosemary & it had a smokey rub as well as using seasoned wood chips in with the charcoal.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yep, I made slits for garlic & rosemary & it had a smokey rub as well as using seasoned wood chips in with the charcoal.

Yeah, cannot beat charcoal cooking - either the direct or indirect method gives sensational results IMO. My little weber smokey mountain produces amazing results as a hot smoker - Brisket's are outta this world at least according to my son. 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

@iBooz2😂

No I don't have shares in any dodgy prawn companies - what I do know however is that I've stumbled onto a ripping deal for frozen wild caught Aussie prawns - peeled in Oz and are sold at a bargain price. $33.00 a kilo. We get at least 6 feeds outta each bag. I figure that's good value. $33.00 bucks these days buys a steak and a half. 

413838968_7766491886697479_9058879889014048351_n.jpg

413418299_3242469049380407_3464545760566461051_n.jpg

Thanks Mick, will look into those and give them a try.  Best prawns we had on our trips where fresh caught and cooked then chilled (not frozen) from Darwin fish monger and then fresh caught and cooked then chilled (not frozen) Exmouth prawns at a little fish monger there.  Also bought at Exmouth some WA Dhufish steaks and they were superb eating so going to keep an eye out for that fish at local fish markets if it is available.

BTW everyone.  Can someone start off a new thread WHATS on the MENU - 2024?

I have nothing flash to offer so will leave that to someone else.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Thanks Mick, will look into those and give them a try.  Best prawns we had on our trips where fresh caught and cooked then chilled (not frozen) from Darwin fish monger and then fresh caught and cooked then chilled (not frozen) Exmouth prawns at a little fish monger there.  Also bought at Exmouth some WA Dhufish steaks and they were superb eating so going to keep an eye out for that fish at local fish markets if it is available.

BTW everyone.  Can someone start off a new thread WHATS on the MENU - 2024?

I have nothing flash to offer so will leave that to someone else.

Absolutely, fresh is best. But these are bargain basement - not farmed and peeled and packaged here in Oz. They're great in stir-fry's etc, not so much for chomping on cold with a dipping sauce. Some of that shellfish and crustacean up North is to die for mate. Especially if purchased at the wharf.

Edited by Tricky Micky

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yeah, cannot beat charcoal cooking - either the direct or indirect method gives sensational results IMO. My little weber smokey mountain produces amazing results as a hot smoker - Brisket's are outta this world at least according to my son. 🤣

I agree, charcoal is the best by far, I need to buy the stone attachment for pizza & full smoking for my Baby Acorn.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/char-griller-akorn-junior-heat-deflector-smokin-stone_p0096295

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=vjRW1ibW&id=842F6A9F2DA64FF1F30CFF2EB367ED84F937CBBC&thid=OIP.vjRW1ibWBf71FH8wF5zHfwHaHa&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fmobileimages.lowes.com%2fproductimages%2f3ab07230-3c1d-4072-af64-187cfb42de23%2f45464397.jpg%3fsize%3dpdhism&exph=646&expw=646&q=stone+for+baby+acorn+char+griller&simid=608021469687207366&FORM=IRPRST&ck=E704864DE8250029B3161087E574C36D&selectedIndex=2&itb=0

R.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bunnings are the sole agents in AUS for Chargriller BBQ's.

They are $70.00 only available on back order.

If I order online, I am up for freight.

Phil, the link you've provided for Bunnings uses my local store here in Mexico 😆.  Price for the stone here is $53.70 and in stock. I'll DM you - probably be able to get it to ya for next to zero.

3 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Phil, the link you've provided for Bunnings uses my local store here in Mexico 😆.  Price for the stone here is $53.70 and in stock. I'll DM you - probably be able to get it to ya for next to zero.

@Tricky Micky the link does that because of your web browsers cookies and history have kept your local store in the cache.  If you were to set your local store to Broome WA and browse around the Bunnings a bit site then close the Bunnings web page then click on Classic's link it would take you to their Broome store.  When I click on it the link takes me to Dandenong store because I have blocked trackers and their site trackers has at a guess, based on my IP address.

When I looked around it is a special Order product at every store so it's strange that one of your local Bunnings indicates stock on hand.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Tricky Micky the link does that because of your web browsers cookies and history have kept your local store in the cache.  If you were to set your local store to Broome WA and browse around the Bunnings a bit site then close the Bunnings web page then click on Classic's link it would take you to their Broome store.  When I click on it the link takes me to Dandenong store because I have blocked trackers and their site trackers has at a guess, based on my IP address.

When I looked around it is a special Order product at every store so it's strange that one of your local Bunnings indicates stock on hand.

Yup, correctomondo. My bad - special order about a two week wait.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Thanks Mick,

I will respond ASAP due to prior commitments. 

Cheers  & thanks.

Phil.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 12:12 PM, iBooz2 said:

@stquinto , I see by the hoodie print you invited our good friend @kmar92 to dinner.  Happy New Year to both of you.

Happy New Year to you too Boozer ! That's my lad, he's got a shock of (his own) red hair and gets his mates to call him "Ranga"

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:42 PM, Malter White said:

So I'm reporting back on this one. It turned out really well.

Didn't need to puree it after I put it back on the stove and added some spuds, carrots, chicken, peas and corn. Then a bit of cream to silken it up a bit and it was smooth and tasty.

I'm a bit proud of myself. I didn't expect it to turn out this nice.

IMG20231231193514.jpg

Looks fantastic mate.

• Thanks 1