Coopers Community

HOME MADE BREWING EQUIPMENT

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

I have seen quite a few Guys having set ups like this  to make life easier for themselves

I am no tradie but I reckon I could tackle something similar with help from some neighbours.

I was given a quantity of pine wood from a set of double bunks by the next-door neighbour & I reckon that would do it, I just need to get some sort of base/platform organised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am no tradie but I reckon I could tackle something similar with help from some neighbours.

I was given a quantity of pine wood from a set of double bunks by the next-door neighbour & I reckon that would do it, I just need to get some sort of base/platform organized.

go to a transport yard they are forever getting  unusable pallets      and they may have some small pallets    that will do the job nicely for you  and the best part of it
your likely to get the pallet free

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

go to a transport yard they are forever getting  unusable pallets      and they may have some small pallets    that will do the job nicely for you  and the best part of it
your likely to get the pallet free

I had one from across the road as they are building a new storey house, but I think I need something a bit stonger.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I had one from across the road as they are building a new storey house, but I think I need something a bit stonger.

Probably not needed stronger but

If you want I'll build if for you, just send me your plans.

I'm not tradie but I like working with Wood

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Probably not needed stronger but

If you want I'll build if for you, just send me your plans.

I'm not tradie but I like working with Wood

Well know David. that's a generous offer, I don't have plans ATM but I do intend to start some measuring up & design something to suit, but I am only a mug salesman so getting it to scale could be a challenge, having said that I think it could be built cheaply yet still be effective, of course it would have to be on rubber wheels to protect my wooden floors.

The simplicity of it means it could be tailored to suit the task & the options for adding useful additions/hooks etc are enormous, it's just the pulley system that makes it appealing.

If we catch up for a beer, I could discuss it with you. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well know David. that's a generous offer, I don't have plans ATM but I do intend to start some measuring up & design something to suit, but I am only a mug salesman so getting it to scale could be a challenge, having said that I think it could be built cheaply yet still be effective, of course it would have to be on rubber wheels to protect my wooden floors.

The simplicity of it means it could be tailored to suit the task & the options for adding useful additions/hooks etc are enormous, it's just the pulley system that makes it appealing.

If we catch up for a beer, I could discuss it with you. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

No Worries, I'll be down your way Soon..

• Like 3

@Classic Brewing Co & @DavidM.  Guys, I cannot believe you blokes are even talking about making something like in the photos of this thread.   Kudos to DavidM for the offer though.👍

I mean, who needs that sort of clutter around your Brewzilla, BIAB or whatever you use.  And like, how many times has that guy kicked his toes or scrapped his ankles on that base?  Come on, it would drive me nuts on brew day, its a trip hazard and dangerous around boiling wort.

Now for $25 you can buy two bits, one from Jaycar (Facia or Barge antenna bracket - see pic) and one from Bunnings (Galvanised pulley - also see pic) and fix the bracket to your wall, timber of masonry (using appropriate dynabolts or similar for brickwork or batten screws or coach bolts for timber work.   Mount it at the right height (above your head height), clip the pulley onto that "U" bracket that comes with the antenna bracket and then using a small length of cord/rope you have a lifting device.  This lifting 'hack' would also suit someone using a garage as their brew spot.

If that guy lives in a rental and could not drill into that brick wall I would have just fabricated a hook arrangement using some flat steel to hook over the brick wall and get someone to weld that to the bracket, easy removed on non-brew days.

Frees up all your workspace around the kettle with nothing to get in your way.

Antenna facia or wall mount.PNG

Pulley.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Classic Brewing Co & @DavidM.  Guys, I cannot believe you blokes are even talking about making something like in the photos of this thread.   Kudos to DavidM for the offer though.👍

I mean, who needs that sort of clutter around your Brewzilla, BIAB or whatever you use.  And like, how many times has that guy kicked his toes or scrapped his ankles on that base?  Come on, it would drive me nuts on brew day, its a trip hazard and dangerous around boiling wort.

Now for $25 you can buy two bits, one from Jaycar (Facia or Barge antenna bracket - see pic) and one from Bunnings (Galvanised pulley - also see pic) and fix the bracket to your wall, timber of masonry (using appropriate dynabolts or similar for brickwork or batten screws or coach bolts for timber work.   Mount it at the right height (above your head height), clip the pulley onto that "U" bracket that comes with the antenna bracket and then using a small length of cord/rope you have a lifting device.  This lifting 'hack' would also suit someone using a garage as their brew spot.

If that guy lives in a rental and could not drill into that brick wall I would have just fabricated a hook arrangement using some flat steel to hook over the brick wall and get someone to weld that to the bracket, easy removed on non-brew days.

Frees up all your workspace around the kettle with nothing to get in your way.

Antenna facia or wall mount.PNG

Pulley.PNG

All good Al but I don't want to drill (haven't got a drill anyway) so the stand arrangement would work perfectly for me, it is an all-in 1 storage unit, easily moved around & just what would suit my environment, I have plenty of space, but this is the answer to my situation. I saw the videos on Instagram & the simplicity & the complexity of make it a worthwhile project.

I appreciate your input, nevertheless.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Definitely could make life easier.

If it was easily moveable, like on lockable castors, it would mean you didn't always have to brew in to the one location like you would be if you had a fixed pulley mounted to a wall.

How would you swing the malt pipe or grain bag away from over the top of the Brewzilla after it had drained? It will be lighter once fully drained but might still be tough on the back if you have to lean right over and lift. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

Definitely could make life easier.

If it was easily moveable, like on lockable castors, it would mean you didn't always have to brew in to the one location like you would be if you had a fixed pulley mounted to a wall.

How would you swing the malt pipe or grain bag away from over the top of the Brewzilla after it had drained? It will be lighter once fully drained but might still be tough on the back if you have to lean right over and lift. 

Good point but that's something you would have to think about with the design/construction.  I guess you would have to just lift it off or swing it out of the road & secure it while you get on with the boil or lift the BrewZilla on to a floor trolley & continue. 

The photos don't show how he moved the Malt Tube so I guess you would have to work it out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

This is my keg & mash tun lifter, $122 from Bunnings. 

RD, that is perfect but the only place I could put that would be under the back verandah, this is an old house with double brick walls so it could work.

I prefer to brew inside as I have plenty of room & the rooms are big. My shed is a good size but not high enough.

The photos I posted of the wooden system would be perfect as I could brew in the laundry or wheel it into the large kitchen.

I will report back when I have done something about it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:29 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Check this out a homemade brewing stand/pulley all in one. I could really do with something like this.

It's from Instagram & he just started following me. 

image.thumb.png.e1cfc4fcb93f767e64e40027dd1d81fc.png

image.png.1871244905f86b99927611287da346e5.png

image.thumb.png.f2d178b2aa0bdcf260e9e864ece08cb6.png

Further to this subject, I have just scored a new Wooden Pallet form the building site across the road, one of the guys said just take it, he even carried it over for me after watching me struggling with it (because of my shoulder) 

They are a lot bigger than I imagined however it can be modified to suit. I wanted to place the finished product in the laundry, but it would have to be cut to fit or it could go under the back verandah as I have power out there.

20221227_074503.jpg

• Like 3