Coopers Community

Cricket

Uhtred Of Beddanburg

30 minutes ago, Graculus said:

I thought I read a headline a week or so ago saying the  one dayers may be back on free to air soon.

Hopefully even then there just is not as many of them as there used to be. The world cup once a year but not like the old days of Tri series spread out over summer. Or at the end after the tests finished I can't remember. Defiantly a lot better than we get now, as much as I enjoy the Big Bash the result is one day games being pushed out.

Good result in the 1st Test for Australia against the West Indies. The Windies did show some great resistance in their batting against a great Aussie bowling attack and they took the game into the last day in Perth.

2nd Test in Adelaide will be a day/nighter and may be a little different with a pink ball. I also feel that there is a big question mark over Pat Cummins for the Adelaide Test as he has a quad strain. Big season ahead for the Aussie team so resting Pat Cummins would be good I feel for the team, and the rest of the season to ensure Pat is fit. Scott Boland may get a start in Adelaide?

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I know it's early days but I thought SA were meant to be more of a challenge. 

I have just finished hours of cleaning brew gear bottling and kegging. Whoa 4 wickets already.

The deck is very green and obviously favours the bowling early. The current pair, Bavuma/Verreynne, look like they're consolidating. As the wicket dries out it should assist the batsmen more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Malter White said:

The deck is very green and obviously favours the bowling early. The current pair, Bavuma/Verreynne, look like they're consolidating. As the wicket dries out it should assist the batsmen more.

yeah I missed the pre game and all the info it's looking that way. We might be batting by end of day 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Haha. Looks like I put the mockers on the Springboks. 5th wicket falls! 😄 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

people dont like seeing 5 day test matches but they also dont like test matches over in less then 48hours

bowling 100% a1 from both sides

batting 20% from both sides

they wasn't even trying to play a test match

Yeah you just cant please everyone all the time. I really didn't mind the excitement of it all.  A 3 day game might have been a bit better but we can't choose that. Being a groundman or pitch accurer? What ever they are called must be hard. It was too green, now this one was too dry. 

5 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah don’t have one of those, but I have plenty of beer, 6 kegs on tap currently 😜😜

I need to get stocks up again emptied 2 at same time. The Christmas raspberry lager was a winner maby 6 litres left.

Half a keg for new years eve plus a 3/4 keg of Euro Lager FWK. That will probably be empty by the time I keg the Pale Lager FWK.

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i cant believe you wasn't playing golf lol

Lol. I thought about it, but I'm already playing tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday this week so I decided to just have a do bugger all day and watch the cricket. It is a bit of a tradition to watch the first day of the boxing day test too

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Lol. I thought about it, but I'm already playing tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday this week so I decided to just have a do bugger all day and watch the cricket. It is a bit of a tradition to watch the first day of the boxing day test too

You right about that, I felt a bit guilty doing stuff around the house during the first 3 wickets. I also can pause on foxtel and have kayo and didn't think about it.

• Like 1