Coopers Community

Cricket

Uhtred Of Beddanburg

Pakistan put up a nice little fight there. " IF " they took their missed chances who knows if the end result would be different.

I guess thats why Australia are Test World Champs, take those borderline catches, fielding etc etc.

Enjoyable game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Pakistan put up a nice little fight there. " IF " they took their missed chances who knows if the end result would be different.

I guess thats why Australia are Test World Champs, take those borderline catches, fielding etc etc.

Enjoyable game.

Yes there was a time I thought they had a good chance to beat us. Definitely that overturned caught behind set it all in motion. It was almost like after that they gave up.

Easy wickets from balls they should have ducked. I guess for them it was go hard or go home at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Definitely that overturned caught behind set it all in motion.

The one that touched his wrist band? Whats your opinion? Out to me everyday. Its in the rule book.

Patty put on a Captains clinic, great bowler, good Captain.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

The one that touched his wrist band? Whats your opinion? Out to me everyday. Its in the rule book.

Yeah it definitely hit the wrist band which is a part of the glove. Then bounced onto his forearm hence the mark he was pointing at. 

Just goes to show the desperation when he argued with the evidence that everyone could see.

Out according to the rules as you said.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Yeah it definitely hit the wrist band which is a part of the glove. Then bounced onto his forearm hence the mark he was pointing at. 

very hard call to make ..  there was definately something there  but   if it hit him where he showed the ump  , he would have been fine 

it has to hit glove .

tough call by ump and upstairs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

very hard call to make ..  there was definately something there  but   if it hit him where he showed the ump  , he would have been fine 

it has to hit glove .

tough call by ump and upstairs

My take on it is the white mark on his arm was from the ball rubbing the gloves and hitting the forearm after. 

They took time and zoomed in good and used the same process they would looking for a snick off the batt. 

I admit it was a fine touch but no different than a really fine snick off the batt that gets paid even if the batter can't feel it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

My take on it is the white mark on his arm was from the ball rubbing the gloves and hitting the forearm after. 

They took time and zoomed in good and used the same process they would looking for a snick off the batt. 

I admit it was a fine touch but no different than a really fine snick off the batt that gets paid even if the batter can't feel it.

it was a hard call to make , take it as out , but i think the batsman deserved the benifit of the doubt.  i'm not saying it wasnt out, but  there was alot going on   in that decision  ,  i just want to see the right call made at that level

• Like 1

Just now, ozdevil said:

it was a hard call to make , take it as out , but i think the batsman deserved the benifit of the doubt.  i'm not saying it wasnt out, but  there was alot going on   in that decision  ,  i just want to see the right call made at that level

You are definitely right about that. The batsman is entitled to the benefit of the doubt that is for sure. 

A different day and a different third umpire and the onfield decision might have been upheld. 

I admit I'm one eyed when it comes to that and it goes both ways. 

We get screwed over seas by dodgy decisions and doctored pitches. 

Even lions lbw that was knocked back I don't believe it was going to bounce that high. We had to suck that one up.

1 minute ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

You are definitely right about that. The batsman is entitled to the benefit of the doubt that is for sure. 

A different day and a different third umpire and the onfield decision might have been upheld. 

I admit I'm one eyed when it comes to that and it goes both ways. 

We get screwed over seas by dodgy decisions and doctored pitches. 

Even lions lbw that was knocked back I don't believe it was going to bounce that high. We had to suck that one up.

paki's are decent    , india they they think it is there rules only,   how good was it for world cup when being beat on home soil.

we was very let off in this test match  ,   with just over 100 runs to win the match with 5 wickets in hand    it should have been pakistans win 

paki's showed fight  lets see them do it in Sydney

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Out every day of the week Paley, agreed. Hot spot and snicko showed the ball hit the upper part of the glove, good review by Pat in the end. Even to the naked eye in slow mo it looked out to my eye. But then again maybe a few too many makes my eye see things that are just not there. 🤣

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Haha 3

I think the lbw on the lefty shows how much of a farce the DRS really is in its current form. Two almost identical balls hitting essentially the same part of the stumps, one given not out and the next one given out. A case can be made for both decisions being correct, there's enough doubt there to give it not out,  but it's hitting enough of the wicket to be given out as well. That isn't why it was brought in.

Personally I think they should take it away from the players because there is far too much time in the game wasted on reviewing 50/50 calls "just in case". Or Carey reviewing an obvious out decision just because it's the last wicket. That's not what it's there for, it's there to remove the howlers like being given out lbw off a massive inside edge or caught behind when you've missed it by an inch. 

Let the TV umpire stop play to review something he sees that's worthy of a review. Otherwise play on and stop wasting time and overs in the day.  And get rid of all these muppets running on with drinks and gloves changes every five minutes. They don't need it. They play 7 hours and still can't get 90 overs in, it's farcical. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...