Coopers Community

Cricket

Uhtred Of Beddanburg

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up on the couch, Australia just lost a wicket, 5/85. Embarrassing, we're going to get beaten by Afghanistan.

Wake up in my bed, get up, make coffee, turn on the telly. Glen Maxwell has just played the greatest World Cup innings ever, possibly the greatest One Day innings ever, 201 (128). Australia won by 3 wickets with 19 balls left.

I'm kind of disappointed I missed that but realistically there's no way I could have stayed up that long and if I had tried I'd have been in for a pretty taxing day at work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kegory said:

Woke up on the couch, Australia just lost a wicket, 5/85. Embarrassing, we're going to get beaten by Afghanistan.

Wake up in my bed, get up, make coffee, turn on the telly. Glen Maxwell has just played the greatest World Cup innings ever, possibly the greatest One Day innings ever, 201 (128). Australia won by 3 wickets with 19 balls left.

I'm kind of disappointed I missed that but realistically there's no way I could have stayed up that long and if I had tried I'd have been in for a pretty taxing day at work.

I went to bed when Cummings started batting and Maxwell couldn’t get out🤣 Unbelievable innings when Australia were gone??? Still can’t believe Starc’s last ball he bowled wasn’t called a wide, but then he was given out when he didn’t hit it? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Yessssss!!!!!

That was a great win 🏆 thanks to Head and Lab! I was getting worried though initially when Warner and Marsh got out throwing the bat around. Smith got a good ball! Head’s catch was epic! Puss poor India left the ground before the presentation lacked respect in my opinion! I would of hoped Australia would of stayed if they lost!

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

That was a great win 🏆 thanks to Head and Lab! I was getting worried though initially when Warner and Marsh got out throwing the bat around. Smith got a good ball! Head’s catch was epic! Puss poor India left the ground before the presentation lacked respect in my opinion! I would of hoped Australia would of stayed if they lost!

Oh, yeah. The losing team should always be forced to endure the ignomy of standing around watching the winning team receiving the plaudits. Walking up to receive 2nd place medals is even better.

I fell asleep, of course. When I woke up only 20 more runs were needed and I went to bed confident that we had it in the bag.

19 hours ago, Kegory said:

Oh, yeah. The losing team should always be forced to endure the ignomy of standing around watching the winning team receiving the plaudits. Walking up to receive 2nd place medals is even better.

I fell asleep, of course. When I woke up only 20 more runs were needed and I went to bed confident that we had it in the bag.

Well, it’s sportsmanship. When I watched the 6 Nations in France the people who showed up in the pub for a match (who you’d never seen before) buggered off in a right huff if they lost, spilling the orange cordial they’d been nursing for the past 80 minutes. But that was in Paris, elsewhere in parts of France they are passionate.

But having said that, they’d bugger off even if they won come to think of it.

Well done Australia 👍

Probably deserved that more than the Ashes 🤣

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok Warner is gone but does anyone else think it will be a huge scoring wicket for the batter? 

Ill admit I missed the Perth game and woke up 10 minutes after the game started. One of the commentators commented on the ball swing compared to Perth. Missed the details and I have so far been walking around doing basic cleaning and only about to settle in and watch a bit. 

Anyone else have observations from watching most of it?