Has anyone had issues with the new coopers taps leaking. I bought a new tap last week, and it's now leaking out of the tap opening. If I jiggle the tap lever I can usually get it to stop, but its a bit of a pita.

20200528_131102.jpg

No leaks so far.  But the lugs on the pouring section broke on the second go.  Probably blame myself for not putting a little olive oil on the red seal before I tried to put the tap together.  Turfed the tap, kept the white seals.

In your case, you might have something caught in the red seal.  Maybe a spot of yeast or some other floaty stopping it from sealing well.  Unfortunately you probably cannot do much about it until the brew is finished.  Letting some brew flow out might dislodge it.  Otherwise stick with your jiggling method. 🤞

Yeah hopefully that all it is, will give it a good clean after I bottle the stout and then test it out with some water. 

57 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Yeah hopefully that all it is, will give it a good clean after I bottle the stout and then test it out with some water. 

Like I said.  Remember to smear a little olive oil on the red seal before you put the tap together.  Even if you are just testing it.

• Thanks 1