Coopers Community

Aust pale ale and BE2 $18 bundle

Malter White

Just popped into Dan Murphy. They currently have a member offer (you need a Dan Murphy card - it's free to join):

1.7 Coopers Australian pale ale and 1kg brew enhancer 2 for $18.

Just make sure it scans at the correct price. It didn't at my store but they honoured the price when I brought it to their attention.

1 hour ago, Silmaril said:

My local Dan's doesn't have any homebrew stuff. 😞

My local Woolworths has narrowed their supply down to Real Ale and Pale Ale. 

My local Woolies deleted all home brew supplies. Fortunately I have a Drake Foodland nearby who has a fair range. 

We love the Drake.

I sent an email to Woolies re: deleting home brew products. My local store now has no lines at all. I told them all is good because I can get the stuff at Drakes.
To their credit they replied in a timely manner and basically said in a polite way, "We are Woolies. We're like the big 4 banks of retail. You'll get what you're given and you'll be happy with that."
:D  

1 minute ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Hopefully the big banks of retail get a royal commission into the behaviour of how these are run too!

As a price conscious consumer I have no issue in buying cheap stuff from the retail duopoly but it wouldn't bother me to see some kind of investigation into how they treat their suppliers to get the prices they achieve at checkout. I'd be happy to pay more if it means saving Aussie jobs/farms etc. 
For the record I don't buy $1/litre milk for that reason.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, Hermoor said:

I usually try to use Drakes but it was frustrating when they dropped BE3

If you make the effort to speak with the manager there (& ask nicely), they will likely stock the item (provided they have room) to see how it goes.

I had a similar issue at my local Foodland & PB2 suggested I do the same. I wanted the 500gm pure Coopers light dry malt, so spoke with the Manager. It's now a regular line at my local Drakes Foodland & walks off the shelves to the point where I can't @#$%ing get any sometimes! LOL 😋

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived