Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I'm quite serious. It has a very floral taste and doesnt burn when it goes down. Its a trap.

I'm sure it's a trap if it's smooth and 80% proof. After having been in Thailand for 2 months and having drunk their Thai whiskey a cuppla times I'm a bit gun shy.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

I'm sure it's a trap if it's smooth and 80% proof. After having been in Thailand for 2 months and having drunk their Thai whiskey a cuppla times I'm a bit gun shy.....

I bet it was better than the tuba I had Tacloban. The locals mix it with coke and although I didn't I can totally understand why they do that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

I have had sone very powerful grappa in my day & I can honestly say the best I ever had was when I was with my Czech girlfriend, apparently, they used to favour plums as the base, but I can assure you couldn't taste them!

At first you say, that's nice with your throat on fire & before you could grab your beer to put the fire out, they had filled your glass again.

I have also had Italian, Croation, Polish, Yugoslavian grappa & others but at the end of the day it is hardly good for a session.

I haven't had one for years, but I can say I am not missing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Years ago and while on duty at work  (look away human resources) I was assigned to a story for the news department to cover an event at the Danish club in Port Melbourne. Well, they insisted we stay for lunch, they also insisted we drink their Schnapps - needless to say it was an interesting drive back to the studios. One of the funniest days I can recall. The newbie soundo was - well, let us say a little worse for ware. 😂

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Kegory said:

I bet it was better than the tuba I had Tacloban. The locals mix it with coke and although I didn't I can totally understand why they do that.

You're right K, some of the stuff they drink OS is just terrible drunk neat.....Bu the Grappa Paley speaks of - I totally get that......but deadly hey.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, do not consume said:

Another oopsie, another pastry sour. Not as bad but still an aftertaste

PXL_20231113_020125171.thumb.jpg.7086818ebf06e8dac3265e473a91760c.jpg

Doesn’t sound good from the start! I imagine wet cold pastry just with the name!

I want to try pirate life’s pins colada sour to see what pineapple brings to the show???

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, Pale Man said:

I'm quite serious. It has a very floral taste and doesnt burn when it goes down. Its a trap.

I remember my brother once came home with a bottle of Vodka Rasputin he bought when he was stationed in Holland. 75% alcohol and as it said on the label, very smooth. Indeed, it was very smooth on the way down but once it had reached your stomach, it unleashed its fury. Holy craperoony that was painful 🙂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I remember my brother once came home with a bottle of Vodka Rasputin he bought when he was stationed in Holland. 75% alcohol and as it said on the label, very smooth. Indeed, it was very smooth on the way down but once it had reached your stomach, it unleashed its fury. Holy craperoony that was painful 🙂 

Some of that stuff sneaks up on you, I have had some pretty bad headaches over the years & it pretty much gets you wasted in a short time. A Croation guy I employed was a pretty good salesman, but he was always half cut & eventually I had to let him go as he could get quite aggressive. I was amazed at the amounts of high alcohol some of them can drink on a daily basis.

I can get in enough trouble drinking beer. 😜

• Haha 5

I’ve tried a fair few alcohol free beers lately, some good, some bad and some ugly. This is by far the best of the lot so far, hands down. None of this typical non-alcoholic beer taste. Good body, fruity flavours and aromas, with a typical hazy flavour profile. 

IMG_9587.thumb.jpeg.f7e212868f555cb2a76d7b412fcc9913.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I’ve tried a fair few alcohol free beers lately, some good, some bad and some ugly. This is by far the best of the lot so far, hands down. None of this typical non-alcoholic beer taste. Good body, fruity flavours and aromas, with a typical hazy flavour profile. 

IMG_9587.thumb.jpeg.f7e212868f555cb2a76d7b412fcc9913.jpeg

🤔 It's not that I don't believe you, I do, but I can't help but remain skeptical. I'll have to try to remember this post and give a a try some day.

• Like 1