Coopers Community

Forum Feedback

Some very good suggestions here. I think being able to view other peoples brewery and brews would be good and a facility to private message other members rather than adding personal questions etc to a thread. For some reason' date=' I cant view the forum and log in on Android??

Andrew[/quote']

Andrew - I can't log in with android unless I select desktop mode.

To log in with android. Go to the coopers club. Log in there then go to forum

I used to have that problem till i discovered that. How about competitions and giveaways in new forum?

One suggestion is to make uploading pictures easier and the pictures actually hosted by the forum, storage is very cheap now and bandwidth for that feature is negligible.

I think this discussion needs to be focused on the forums features, not how nice it is biggrin

From the survey questions the features noted will be very handy, most forums have these features.

Trying to find threads and follow posts etc is currently a nightmare.

Definitely needs an upgrade.

For all you blokes with Android phones that are having problems, you need to buy a new Microsoft phone that runs on Windows 10. Greatest invention yet, just like being on your computer. And it can talk to your computer like they're siamese twins. Bloody great. If I can do it on my computer, I can do it on my phone.

Cheers

Bill

I find that often I have to go through the login procedure twice to actually login, anyone else experience this?

I too would like it to default to the last post and automatically head for end of thread.

On the positive side, the graphic design of this site, is bloody awesome, best I have seen for any forum. It really makes it a pleasant place to spend some time, almost like we are sharing a pool room :-)

The lack of advertisements is probably the best thing though, so much more friendly because of this.

I find that often I have to go through the login procedure twice to actually login' date=' anyone else experience this?

I too would like it to default to the last post and automatically head for end of thread.

On the positive side, the graphic design of this site, is bloody awesome, best I have seen for any forum. It really makes it a pleasant place to spend some time, almost like we are sharing a pool room :-)

The lack of advertisements is probably the best thing though, so much more friendly because of this. [/quote']

I was having the same problem logging in some time ago. Then it was OK for ages and I stayed logged for ages.

Then all of a sudden this week I've had to log in four times, although I've only had to log in once each time.

On the positive side' date=' the graphic design of this site, is bloody awesome, best I have seen for any forum. It really makes it a pleasant place to spend some time, almost like we are sharing a pool room :-)

The lack of advertisements is probably the best thing though, so much more friendly because of this. [/quote']

+1. It's definitely one of the classiest looking forum formats that I have ever seen.

+1 also for lack of adds.

There should be an icon beside each thread title that takes you to the first unread post' date=' instead of having to manually search through the thread yourself. Similarly, when replying to a thread, the latest post should show up first, not the oldest post. /quote']

This.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As mentioned earlier, if you click on a post it takes you to the latest reply would be a good feature.

Not sure what peoples thoughts are on a thumbs up button? i've been apart of several forums with this feature and it's just a way to show your gratitude really which i could of shown hundreds of times recently.

Also a Android version would be great.

Cheers,

Hoppy

• 4 weeks later...

Some ideas:

Threads

Thread and forum subscription (notification by email optional)

Admin tools: edit, delete, move, lock, make sticky, etc.

Email page to friend option

Supports BB Code in posts

Supports HTML in post

Smilies

WYSIWYG or standard editors for posts and Private Messages

Attachment images (.gif, .jpg., etc.) stored on filesystem (optional, via Admin CP)

Preview post option

Polls

Post Reporting - report posts to moderators

User post count

Admin tools: edit, delete, move, etc.

Preview-safe Attachments

Member Features

Member Profile Pages . This information can be viewed by other members from the member list. Custom user title, URL home page, date of birth, instant messaging medium, location, occupation, biography, interests, vB version, plus any other custom user fields that may be defined by the administrator.

Allow members to upload pictures that can be viewed in the user's profile.

Private Messaging

Friends List

Member Birthdays shown on Forum home

Who's Online

Signature Editor

Custom Avatars - upload from own computer or specify a URL

Private Messaging

Private Message Tracking

Private Message filling in custom folders

Attachments

User Options

include Daylight Savings options, forum style chooser, selection of notification types for PM, emails etc., thread display options, WYSIWYG editor options, and language chooser

These are the features most forums provide.

Archived