Coopers Community

Forum Feedback

Hey Brewers,

We are excited to announce that we are planning to update the Coopers Forum in the near future. Over the years the Coopers Forum has grown significantly within the brewing community thanks to your invaluable contributions. We have a few ideas of our own of what could be changed/added/improved to make it more engaging and user-friendly. However we thought, why not ask the people who use it the most what they think? That's you guys, our loyal DIY Beer brewers. So now’s your chance to tell us what you think would make the Coopers Forum even greater!

So get your thinking caps on and please let us know your suggestions by responding to the survey below. We will review them and whilst we can’t make any promises we will do our best to include as many as possible in the new and improved Forum.

Thanks for your help and as always we appreciate your support!

Please note all questions are optional and the suggestion field for the last question is unlimited in space, however if you do run into trouble feel free to contact us at store@coopers.com.au; this survey is open from 28th October 2016 and will close 14th November 2016.

Click here to begin the survey

Well, I've done the survey, but I've gotta say that this is the best forum I've been associated with.

With a lot of forums you find that one particular member seems to be the top dog, and if he/she doesn't like what you're saying, then you get very negative feedback.

On this forum I have found that all members seem to want to offer advice or comment. That is great. That is how a forum should operate.

So Mr. Cooper, whatever changes or additions you make, remember that you have the best team of forum members around, so be careful what you change, lest you cruel what is the best input you can find in a forum. IMHO

Great stuff Coopers, I have submitted my feedback.

Phoenix, I've been on a few forums over the years and seen some descend into absolute mayhem and sh!tdom. We are in a great position here with the membership and contributions and most importantly not taking crap from people who rock the boat.

Come to think of it, we don't have that many that try to rock the boat or troll. I'm confident that once we get an upgrade, if people come here and try, the original core (all of us!) will keep 'em in line

My main gripes are with the way the posts show up.

There should be an icon beside each thread title that takes you to the first unread post, instead of having to manually search through the thread yourself. Similarly, when replying to a thread, the latest post should show up first, not the oldest post.

It'd be nice to be able to format the text a bit more as well so that things like tables show up properly instead of just being a mess of numbers that make no sense.

Feedback has been submitted, though.

Some calculators would be good.

Like this one

http://pint.com.au/calculators/alcohol/

Maybe a simple this kit + this brewed to this will give you this....

I agree with Ben that a recipe calculator would be a great addition.

I like this calculator as it is a little more detailed:

http://www.brewcraft.co.za/index.php/brewing-calculator

You could add the Brew Enchancers to this list, +/- the various Coopers kits.

Cheers!

Christina.

Only started using the Forum recently although I've been a member for a few years. I like the way everybody interacts and are all here to help each other unlike many Forums.

I also think Otto's comments are a good idea:

"There should be an icon beside each thread title that takes you to the first unread post, instead of having to manually search through the thread yourself. Similarly, when replying to a thread, the latest post should show up first, not the oldest post."

Also unless I have some settings wrong or something I would love an email advising me of a comment made on a subject I've posted in. Sometimes I have sat here, made a comment and the next day I have to hunt through to see if anybody has answered me or added their views on the same subject.

Finally, when clicking on another member why does it not show their Brewery name or a link to their Brewery? I've looked through and think that's a great idea that somebody has and would like to see what else they have brewed but can't find them.

Cheers

Christina, I had a look at that calculator at Brewcraft and it's a beauty. Never seen that site before. Certainly agree it would be a good addition to the forum.

Makes me feel good 'coz that's about exactly what I have made for my own use, plus a few add ons for yeast and hops.

It is a good forum , members make a forum more than fancy add ons .

Can't remember any flamings , shamings or public floggings .... noticed home brewers in general are quite happy to share knowledge with new comers , many special interest groups are not like this .

i do use 3 different sites and just really love this hobby but probably would have given up early had i not received the help i did starting out and getting rid of my late 90's early " knowledge "

Cheers !

Markoman

AKA Mark D Pirate

It is a good forum ' date=' members make a forum more than fancy add ons .

Can't remember any flamings , shamings or public floggings .... noticed home brewers in general are quite happy to share knowledge with new comers , many special interest groups are not like this .

i do use 3 different sites and just really love this hobby but probably would have given up early had i not received the help i did starting out and getting rid of my late 90's early " knowledge "

Cheers !

Markoman

AKA Mark D Pirate

[/quote']

Well said.

Some very good suggestions here. I think being able to view other peoples brewery and brews would be good and a facility to private message other members rather than adding personal questions etc to a thread. For some reason, I cant view the forum and log in on Android??

Andrew

Some very good suggestions here. I think being able to view other peoples brewery and brews would be good and a facility to private message other members rather than adding personal questions etc to a thread. For some reason' date=' I cant view the forum and log in on Android??

Andrew[/quote']

I've already put my quota in but I agree with these ideas also and maybe under the forum name it could include the State / Country / Brewery Name of that person joyful

Some very good suggestions here. I think being able to view other peoples brewery and brews would be good and a facility to private message other members rather than adding personal questions etc to a thread. For some reason' date=' I cant view the forum and log in on Android??

Andrew[/quote']

Andrew - I can't log in with android unless I select desktop mode.

One thing not on the survey' date=' which I think wold be useful, is the ability to choose to go to the last page to see the most recent posts, instead of having to go into a thread and only then choosing the last page.[/quote']I mentioned this as well. Most of the reason being, that's how it used to be like before they "upgraded" the forum last time. Then when it changed, that feature was taken out, and you also have to scroll ALL The way down the bottom of the bloody page when replying to find the post you're replying to, unless you use the quote feature. Why it was ever changed to that I will never know... must have had a monkey doing the programming that day lol

One thing not on the survey' date=' which I think wold be useful, is the ability to choose to go to the last page to see the most recent posts, instead of having to go into a thread and only then choosing the last page.[/quote']I mentioned this as well. Most of the reason being, that's how it used to be like before they "upgraded" the forum last time. Then when it changed, that feature was taken out, and you also have to scroll ALL The way down the bottom of the bloody page when replying to find the post you're replying to, unless you use the quote feature. Why it was ever changed to that I will never know... must have had a monkey doing the programming that day lol

Scrolling to the bottom of the page shouldn't be an issue for aussies. You just need to go 'down under'lol

Archived